main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Collecting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    $59.99??!!! :eek:
    I am glad I didnt ask for that for Christmas now...that thing was like $100 bucks wasn't it?

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Yep, $99.00 suggested retail.

3. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    The Wal-mart on Bardstown road had the new Tryanus and Obi-wan. The Toys R Us on Shelbyville Road had the new 12" Padme, Imperial officer and Anakin.

4. MaceUnduli

MaceUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
    Got a postcard from Great Escape. "Toy Sale -- All Star Wars Toys 20% off plus other great markdowns! February 10-16, One Week Only."

Plus you can meet Daredevil on the 15th, 11 am to 1 pm, 3 pm - 5 pm. Now, some of you have been saying for years that like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, DD doesn't really exist. Who's laughing now, eh? PROOF, my friends, PROOF IN THE FLESH IS COMING.

Sorry. Anyway, does anybody know if Great Escape's SW selection is any good? Haven't been in a while.

5. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Its pretty decent, but fairly high priced too. The sale would be good if you were trying to pick up some vintage stuff, or needed some the newer items at about regular price (after the 20% discount).

by the way, Sonja said she was going to be in the Daredevil costume...some how I don't believe her. :)

6. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The TRU oin Dixie had the new 12" Leia in Boush and han in Carbonite set tonight for $40. Both of the earlier versions of the figures look better than these.

7. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey guys, Target at Springhurst just got in some new figures:

Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender)
    Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
    Obi-Wan - Acklay Battle
    Imperial Officer
    Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape
    Yoda - Jedi High Council
    Tusken Raider - Tatooine Camp Ambush
    Eeth Koth - Jedi Master

8. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    I dropped by the shelbyville TRU, I swear there were 2 SW figures in abundance, pilot Jango and POTJ snaggletooth. also man-ugly unleashed Padme, but the 12" Luke & Tauntaun too. They also had the new Two Towers Frodo(with light up sting) that has no likeness to Elijah wood(It looks more like Chris Kattan).

9. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    THe Wal-mart on Dixie had a few of the new figures last night. They had Padme factory chase, Tusken Raider ambush attack, The New Mace Windu, Research droids, New Obi Wan-Acklay attack, Darth Tyranus Geonisis escape, the new R2-D2, and the new Boba Fett. No sign of Allya Secura or Baris Offie though. THose are the two I want. I think the new R2 and Boba looks a little too cartoonish. Both are easily the worst of their perspective sculpts.

10. MaceUnduli

Aug 23, 2002
    Ahhhhh....I agree with Darth Plastic. Looking for Aayla and Barris, too, and the Princess Leia Unleashed.

Does anybody have a clue when they should be released? Anybody??

11. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    They have already been released and seen in the area, I just haven't came across then yet.

12. MaceUnduli

Aug 23, 2002
    I succumbed to the Dark Side and went ...... to eBay.

Couldn't stand it anymore, so I "bought" Aayla and Bariss. Total: $28, but that included shipping. I guess since figures are $5 to $10 retail anyway, it wasn't a bad deal since I couldn't be patient.

I've been watching auctions on Leia Unleashed; they're averaging about $25 plus shipping. I'll try to hold out a little longer and see if I can get 'er retail before I take the plunge.

Help me Kay-Bee One, you're my only hope.

13. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Wow. I haven't even seen any new figures now for months! The Clone War figures are supposed to come out in when, August? We won't see those things until next year some time.

Hasbro might as well distribute their toys directly to Ebay. :(

14. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    greetings fans and collectors,I know a site where you can preorder your figures at 6.23 each momc.kebco.com i order from there and presell on ebay.im not a conartist but it allows me to collect for myself without tapping into the rent money.

15. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I really miss the days of being able to go to the store and browse the toy ailes and find new star wars toys.

Buying them online takes all the fun out of it.

ALL of the fun. :(

Anyone have any good tips on where to find the new Boba Fett mini-bust?

16. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    phil again this is only available as a presell its not in stores yet but try the great escape in a couple of months.online buying comes in major handy on vintage i love online cause their in better shape and it saves gas running all over town.

17. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Wait, wait, wait... hold on a minute.

I really miss the days of being able to go to the store and browse the toy ailes and find new star wars toys.

Buying them online takes all the fun out of it.

ALL of the fun.

Ladies, please take note: Drk Father1 has just admitted he enjoys shopping. :D

I feel your pain... I lost my drive to collect EPI figs when I could no longer locate them in the stores near them. Lost the 'treasure hunt' fun.

~H~

~H~

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    For toys! For toys! :D

19. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm totally with Phil on this one. It used to be that "the hunt" was part of what made collecting SW figs so enjoyable. Then the Episode I wave with Sio Bibble, Holo Sidious, Swimming Jar-Jar, etc. came out, and I never saw a single one of those on an actual store shelf (and back then I was looking about every other day). That was my first huge turn-off to the hobby.

Nowadays I have to agree with what Darth Plastic's been saying: I'm a whole lot more selective about what I'll buy. It has to be really cool, not overpriced, and look good on display. No more collecting just because it has the "Star Wars" logo on it (and I used to be a real junkie about that, hence my complete set of brass keychains, or the entire set of fast food premiums from the SE's and Ep1...and I *despise* Taco Bell, but I still went in there every week just to get the blasted toys!!!)

There's actually very little on the slate that I plan on buying. I'll try to pick up the "Unleashed" Darth Sidious figure if I see it. But then again, I never actually saw the Darth Tyranus Unleashed on store shelves...

20. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    There are also very few "must haves" anymore. With so many versions of the same figure that keeps on being released. I am getting picky in what I will buy.

21. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    I cant entirely agree with no must haves.I collect vader mostly and there isnt a lot of differences that can be done but I still enjoy it.I look forward to the clone troooper in chrome that tru will have this fall like the r2d2 chrome before it.There is also a chrome boba fett being released at the mexico convention one per person wish I was going.

22. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The collecting webisites are reporting about special PEZ dispensers that they are making for Darth Vader, C-3PO, and Yoda. They are about $25 a piece. Regular dispensers are only $1. I think I'll stick to the regular ones.

23. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Guess I'll be going to Ebay for the Boba Fett Mini-bust. For me it is a must-have. And the prices there aren't too bad.

24. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    There is a major difference in the pez series.These are really cool and with a few months patience they should be buyable on ebay much cheaper.But if you cant wait they are offering free shipping throughout may.

25. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I forgot to mention that I did it. I bought the Boba Fett mini-bust from Ebay. Actually wasn't a bad price and it looks AWESOME.

I guess I'm going to focus more on the cooler Star Wars collectibles from now on and back away from the toys.

I'm actually more proud of my vintage collection anyways. Which is 99.9% complete! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.