main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Collecting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Ah, the old "I'm just offering a service to the fans who couldn't go" rationalization. AKA: The Scalper Creedo.

You're a scalper, man. If you want to do it, that's fine. But posting what you have and then saying you wouldn't call that scalping...that's just sad.

2. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    If you were really doing it as a service for those who were not going, you would only charge $10 for the figure, plus any shipping charges. Anything else is scalping.

the sad thing is how you boosted about getting around the limit by pimping out your child for your own gain then brag about on the forum like you were proud of it man. That is just sick in my opinion.

3. heehaw138

heehaw138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2003
    so...how 'bout those Cavs?

4. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    The Cavs will still stink, even with LeBron . . . and this person didn't do anything wrong. He (or she) went to a show, was nice enough to take their child and buy their allotment of figures that was allowed as part of his (or her) price of admission. They didn't go to Wal-Mart and grab every new figure that just hit the pegs and take 'em to ebay, they simply recouped the expense of going to this show and purchasing a ticket for them and their child. It's your holier-than-thou attitues that I believe to be in the wrong in this instance. Lighten up.

5. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    thanks askew.my kid had a blast in the kids room not to mention all the star wars ccg cards she brought home.

6. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    You're welcome Boss, and nice to see someone on this board has some manners, as opposed to others who get a tip on figs they're looking "everywhere" for but say nothing when someone tells them exactly where to find 'em. You're welcome too Unibrow.

7. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Okay, we can all calm down now.

No reason to resort to name calling. I know its getting hot outside, but let's keep the tempers down.

And all our clothes on. :D

8. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Do you want a cookie Askew? If so I'll send you one for going out of your way to let me know where to find the Alien Queen, even though I had already found it elsewhere.

Pat on the back.

Good job.

Thanks a million.

Couldn't live without you.

Where would my collecting needs be without you?

You are my savior.

Since your ego apparently needs inflating, I'm happy to oblige.

Maybe I will just post now that they have all the new figures at various Wal-mart, Toys R Us, and Target stores. So when anybody goes out to pick them up, be sure and thank me here, or else I'll start insulting you in this public forum.

My problem with Knoss/J-Star isn't that he scalps, it's his claim about "I wouldn't call that scalping." I am so sick of hearing this rationalization/justification from scalpers. I don't have a holier-than-thou attitude, but people like him, and, yes, even moreso, the people you point out who camp the toy aisles hoarding anything that might REMOTELY have any type of secondary value, are what turned me off from SW action figures in the first place.

And heehaw, yes, the Cavs will still suck. I fear the days of the one-man show in the NBA are over.

Until next time,
    -"Unibrow"

9. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    fine but I prefer smuggler.

10. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I can live with that. :)

11. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    I really hope everyone is cool now.I think you guys have a great thing going with the fan club here in louisville.I just hope it stays exactly that a fan club.Sellers like Brians Toys that I understand where you guys are coming from.How does anyone list say haveing 50-60 figures when only 2 per person per weekend?I know probably in principle he has as much right as I do selling.But I heard he was selling them at 199.00 what gives?I never expected that for mine but mine usually goes back into the hobby much like tradeing the long way round.I really am a fan but even I have dished out some cash along the way.My toy fair vader with a r2 silver was close to two hundered.But Vader rules he is the sith!!Guys keep up the good work hope you can get to gencon in indy.I hear celebration 3 will be there CANNOT WAIT!!!Do you still have shirts ava.?

12. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    Understandable. We have tossed around the T-shirt idea acouple of times, but nothing ever made it into production, hopefully we can get something going in the near future.

13. Mike_Skywalker

Mike_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Back from Florida vacation with my family, with a few scores to talk about.
    In Tampa I found the Clone Trooper three pack, a droid three pack, and the Imperial Forces TRU exclusive all at one store! Try doing that in Louisville TRUs. It's not easy!
    At Disney in Orlando I was able to find all of the Star Tours Droids. They had collections 1,2,&3, nine in all! It was a little expensive, but it was my shot to get them all without paying shipping, or even having to go through Ebay. YAY!!!
    Then, in the Virgin Mega Store I found Blondie's Eat To The Beat CD! You can't find that anywhere that I've seen. Any Blondie fans out there?

14. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    That is a pretty good haul. Around here you can't find anything. You have to resort to e-tailers to find anything.

I got the first 6 figures through mail order through Deliver-ears, when I tried to get the three new figures, they said they could not ship the figures, you have to come to the parks themselves to get them.

15. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I'm huge into collecting, and new to these boards. I was just hoping that the drought in figures was a figment of my imagination. But, according to Alan at the TRU over by Mall st Mathews, when they turn over to Geoffrey's, they should stock a LOT more of the newer figures. Which just made my day. I wanted to give him a hug, I was so happy. Their first day as Geoffery's is August 1st, by the way.
    My newest figure is the Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony, which I paid 23$ including shipping from Cloud City collectibles to get it here to just open to add to my Padme shrine. *don't ask. I love the char... it's my think I have.* It's an amazing char. I love the new sculpted figure stands that are with the newer figures. I'm impressed with their detail. They work, save for my Padme Factory Chase, and I used industrial glue to try to get her to stay in the running pose, but noooo....
    *gets off her rambling* Anyway, that's just my little two sense. And just for those who go to the flea market for figures, beware of the guy who only sells star wars, cause his prices are too high, and, for a semi-newbie like me in vintage stuff, I kinda didn't get my money's worth on a few things. On others, I got a really good deal. But, just watch out for him.

16. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The TRU on Dixie told me Saturday that they will start stocking up the selves this week. I saw the Imperial forces 4-pack for the first time this week in the stores. They also had the new Lando 12-inch, AST Driver and Han Solo. They told me they will be open everyday after Friday.

17. MaceUnduli

MaceUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
    Geoffrey?? Like the giraffe? Wondering why they're changing the name.

Guess they're trying to show they're MORE than "just a toy store."

Good to hear they're gonna stock more SW stuff, though.

On Mike's note above, I remember going to a store a few years back during a Florida trip too...anyway, they had EU figures, and one of 'em was Mara Jade! A Jedi AND a redhead, what's not to love?? Anyway for some lame reason I didn't get it. Still kickin' myself for that.

Anybody have Mara? Anybody have two?? :)

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I've got Mara, but only one I'm afraid. I bought her at a flea market though, never saw them in the stores here.

I've noticed that the Target behind Bashford Manor has almost no Star Wars toys left. All they've got are the trooper packs (the target exclusives with the accessories) and some of the deluxe Geonosians. It's all clearanced. Hopefully they're getting ready to get some new stuff in. But I won't hold my breath.

19. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Just thought I'd let you all know that the new Target behind Jefferson Mall opened to the public today (grand opening is Sunday, but it's open today).

20. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I found my Lando 12 inch and Han about 3 months ago at the Myers in Jeffersonville. That's about the only place I've been able to find any of the '03 figures so far this year. Hopefully, with the stores getting new ones in, that won't be true for long.

21. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The new Target behind Jefferson Mall has the three new clone Wars ships tonight.

22. heehaw138

heehaw138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2003
    my wife just came home from shopping and she brought me a bag of figures. Kaybee at St. Matts has new figures. she got the wedding Padme and yoda with the younglings and said that they had Aalaya, Offree, coleman trebor, alderaan han, imperial captive leia

they also had the older figures on sale for 2.99 so she got me some that i didnt have like Dooku.

23. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    OOOOH!

I think I'll stop by on my way home!

24. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    I heard from a freind of mine who works at WalMart that they will only be carrying lightsabers and the few figures that they have left.No new stuff.

25. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, nothing left at Kaybee this evening.
    :(

D@mmit!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.