main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Collecting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heehaw138

heehaw138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2003
    my wife and i went back to kaybee and the new stuff was gone. she asked the dude there if it was all gone and he had a few in the back. i got Barris and picked up an extra Aayla. they also had the clone wars 3 pack of troops and one of the clone wars droids and the cloner (i cant remember his name ;P)
    i dont know if anyone collects these but they had a few of the arena playschool sets. the very little new stuff they had when i left was in the back part of the store, not the front display of 1.99 peg warmers.
    the guy there said that some guy came in a few days ago and bought 4 whole boxes of new figs grrr.
    apparently they hadnt seen this one or he would have bought it.
    i was hoping that when i went tonight they would have an extra Barriss or Aayla so i could get them and then hook some of you guys up (i would only ask for the 6 bucks that i paid :))
    ah well, i will still keep my eyes open. maybe next time....

holy crap this is a long post, but i also have to ask....
    Does anyone know what happened to the Target on Preston Hwy?!!! the sign is gone and it is all boarded up. Did this just happen or am i just that much out of the loop on things? i used to always go there to shop for everything. i guess i will have to go a little farther down preston to Meijer now.

2. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    The Target on Preston closed, because of the new Target behind Jefferson Mall just opened up. The new target is pretty nice.

Man I dobt I will ever see any new stuff in the stores ever again.

3. heehaw138

May 3, 2003
    ah ok thanks. i remember reading about that target on here now. i had just forgot
    ive been playing too much NCAA Football for PS2. i think im losing my mind.

4. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Isn't the wedding Padme just wonderful? I got mine online, and I just love that figure...

5. heehaw138

May 3, 2003
    yes i love the padme figure. i only wish it had been out LAST august. it would have made a better wedding cake topper than arena padme, but i guess the huge gun she was holding made the cake pretty damn cool too :)

6. Mike_Skywalker

Mike_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Target at Bashford had the Clone Wars vehicles if anyone needs them. Jedi Starfighter (repaint), Rep. Gunship (repaint), and the Fed. Tanks....and empty pegs where figures were once hanging :(

7. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I am searching for the new Vader with removable helmet, Throne Romm Duel. I am still searching for Secura and Offie. I am determine to find these figures at retail.

8. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    I actually saw three new figures at our wal mart but with crushed bubbles.You want good figures at a fair price go to kebco.com.6.23 a piece.

9. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I'm an openner, condition of the card does not affect me.

10. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Kebco does have some pretty good deals. I wouldn't mind paying a $1 or so above retail to get some of the figures. Heck, even with shipping its a better deal than spending gas money driving all over looking for them!

The Great Escape had a bunch of the newer figs today, but they wan't $15 a piece for them. No Vader though.

11. Mike_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2003
    I need Imperial Officers. I have the original POTJ version, but I'm missing the rest.
    I usually stop by Wal_mart on the way home and sometimes I get there at the right times, so I will keep you guys in mind. If everyone will list what they need I will make a list and take it with me on my runs. If I find any, they are yours at actual cost.

12. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    <<Kebco does have some pretty good deals. I wouldn't mind paying a $1 or so above retail to get some of the figures. Heck, even with shipping its a better deal than spending gas money driving all over looking for them!>>

That's what I did. Saves a lot of time and headaches. Costs more, but so far, I think it's been worth it.

13. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I have found my Secura and Offee up at Wizard World, one booth was only charging $6 for the new figures. The only figure I am looking for now is the new throne room Vader. If anyone is looking for any new figures let me know and I will keep an eye out for them.

14. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Aayla and Offee. Also the Sidious Unleashed.

I have a tri-logo Offee that R2 donated to the group at the last meeting, but I'm going to give her away to someone in the group along with the books he donated. We'll have a raffle of some kind. (free of course).

15. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The Target on Dixie had about 6 of the Destroyer Driod Launchers last night. One each of the new cinema sceens. So stuff is finally hitting the selves. Too bad I'm broke.

16. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    kay bee in mall st matthews has 2.99 action figures, plus the hard to find dex from the diner, ill have to get some soon for that price.

17. jedilucass

Dec 1, 2002
    I was at KB today, and they are suppose to get a new shipment of stuff in on Saturday. There's a really friendly guy there that clues you in if you ask on what's in the shipment, if he knows. He said that lately they are shipping the pegwarmers. He thinks that they might be clearing out their inventory. Who knows. But, besides some of the later numbered action figures from 2002, there is nothing new there.
    At the Target on Westport Road, they had the Darth Vader lightsaber, the slightly repackeded jedi fighter and republic gunship, and a seperatists battleship... I can't remember which one... in my exictment of actucally seeing something NEW *and showing this by jumping up and down, you know, action figure shopping with me is really fun.... * I didn't catch which battle ship it was. It was the slightly tall one with the circular piece on the bottom. Their action figures, however, were missing, and there were no 12" inch figures, either. I have yet to find my second Padme wedding figure, because I want on in the box.

18. heehaw138

May 3, 2003
    I have yet to find my second Padme wedding figure, because I want on in the box.
    you are lucky to have found the first one :)

19. Mike_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2003
    At The Great Escape yesterday, they had the majority of the newer figures...at a price of course.They had the younglings, both packs including the one with Yoda, Flying R2, Snowtrooper, Hoth Han with blue coat, etc. for $14.95. They also had Secura, Offee, New Darth, New Luke, and a few others at $20.00. $14.95 use to be their high price, now there seems to be a new high and I'm not sure why.
    For those, like me, who don't have the silver Fett, the fan club will begin selling them at noon Sept. 2nd at $10.00 each for FC members. Just a little FYI for those who haven't heard. :)

20. JARVADER

JARVADER Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2003
    I have an extra Snowtrooper figure. I will trade for either the imperial officer or the Padme Wedding .

21. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    THe TRU's in the area are having their grand re-opening celebrations this weekend. I do not know if this means new figures or not. It might not hurt to check.

22. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh it hurts, it certainly stings....

23. jedilucass

Dec 1, 2002
    I bought my wedding padme online... I paid something like 23$ for it. But, Padme is my favorite charecter of the entire star wars films, and besides the pastel dress, the wedding dress is my favorite costume. So I had to have one.

24. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I've got a 15" hand-casted porceilan staite of Boba Fett. Only 1,500 worldwide.

It's awesome.

25. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    FYI The Target exclusive A-wing and 12" Liea on speeder Bike are exclusive to Target.com according to their site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.