Collection items you didn't know you owned?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Findswoman, Apr 27, 2014.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hi all,

Just as a little temporary diversion from all this EU commotion: in the course of tidying up, going through boxes, etc., have any of you ever come across SW collectible items that you didn't remember that you had? I just had this experience today—while pottering around the basement a little, I came across this:

[IMG]

(The Post-It cube is there primarily for scale purposes.)

It's nothing overly special—just the Titanium die-cast Mist Hunter—but I honestly had forgotten I even owned the thing, mainly because I never really collected many of the vehicles. This one is obviously rather near and dear, though ( :D ), so finding it was a pleasant surprise.

So, have any of you here also had the experience of finding something in your collection you didn't even know you had? Do share!
    Last edited by Findswoman, Apr 27, 2014
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Yep - the first SW collectible. It had been sitting in a bookcase for years but it wasn't til I got my first collecting book that I realized it. First edition of the original SW novel in paperback. Not in great shape as it was published in late 1976 and this was 2002-ish. It's now in a comic bag for preservation but no way can it be described as mint. There was also a HC edition but it is very rare as it was trade-only distribution. (Note - SF Book Club also did a HC but that one isn't the rare one.)
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Not Star Wars - but I was rummaging through a box of stuff and found a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Belloq in ceremonial robes 3 3/4" figure inside a white Kenner mail-away box. I have ZERO memory of ever buying him.
  4. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Toyfare magazine had a micro x-wing exclusive i forgot i had it
  5. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a number of things scattered around, but I don't remember what they are. Though, I do have a few HeroClix figures i keep forgetting about, along with an Action Fleet dewback.

My Mist Hunter is currently docked on a windowsill (blinds are closed and I'll take shelf space where I can find it).
  6. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think mine might eventually end up on my desk at work, next to photos of my son and the dachshund in lederhosen (a gag gift from my sister-in-law). Right now it's on the organ.
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Not Star Wars, but the other day I was looking through some totes for a figure I was going to give to a friend and came across a boxed Atari 2600 version of Missile Command that I didn't remember buying.

I collect such a wide variety of things that I have folders full of checklists and it helps me keep a pretty good handle on what I have and haven't got.
  8. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I was looking through my closet for a roll of chrome duct tape and I came across my boxed Rocket-firing Boba Fett figure.

I had seriously forgotten that I had that until now.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT