main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection items you didn't know you owned?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Findswoman , Apr 27, 2014.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi all,

Just as a little temporary diversion from all this EU commotion: in the course of tidying up, going through boxes, etc., have any of you ever come across SW collectible items that you didn't remember that you had? I just had this experience today—while pottering around the basement a little, I came across this:

[​IMG]

(The Post-It cube is there primarily for scale purposes.)

It's nothing overly special—just the Titanium die-cast Mist Hunter—but I honestly had forgotten I even owned the thing, mainly because I never really collected many of the vehicles. This one is obviously rather near and dear, though ( :D ), so finding it was a pleasant surprise.

So, have any of you here also had the experience of finding something in your collection you didn't even know you had? Do share!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yep - the first SW collectible. It had been sitting in a bookcase for years but it wasn't til I got my first collecting book that I realized it. First edition of the original SW novel in paperback. Not in great shape as it was published in late 1976 and this was 2002-ish. It's now in a comic bag for preservation but no way can it be described as mint. There was also a HC edition but it is very rare as it was trade-only distribution. (Note - SF Book Club also did a HC but that one isn't the rare one.)

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Not Star Wars - but I was rummaging through a box of stuff and found a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Belloq in ceremonial robes 3 3/4" figure inside a white Kenner mail-away box. I have ZERO memory of ever buying him.

4. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Toyfare magazine had a micro x-wing exclusive i forgot i had it

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a number of things scattered around, but I don't remember what they are. Though, I do have a few HeroClix figures i keep forgetting about, along with an Action Fleet dewback.

My Mist Hunter is currently docked on a windowsill (blinds are closed and I'll take shelf space where I can find it).

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I think mine might eventually end up on my desk at work, next to photos of my son and the dachshund in lederhosen (a gag gift from my sister-in-law). Right now it's on the organ.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Not Star Wars, but the other day I was looking through some totes for a figure I was going to give to a friend and came across a boxed Atari 2600 version of Missile Command that I didn't remember buying.

I collect such a wide variety of things that I have folders full of checklists and it helps me keep a pretty good handle on what I have and haven't got.

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I was looking through my closet for a roll of chrome duct tape and I came across my boxed Rocket-firing Boba Fett figure.

I had seriously forgotten that I had that until now.