main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection Photos Thread V.2 (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks a lot! All the vintage stuff is from before I was born, so that's cool to hear. I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on the Death Star play set at the flea market in such great condition and with every single accessory but one of the cardboard panels and the rope. As far as vintage stuff goes, I only had a Snowtrooper, a Stormtrooper, and Darth Vader at the time and I was really psyched to have just gotten those. Getting the Death Star along with the X-Wing with box and Landspeeder all at once really motivated me to keep collecting and now I have all those other figures from the flea market and I hunted down the TIE Fighter with box on eBay. I really like having the boxes for the vehicles. I'm glad I got the instruction manual with the Death Star but I'm yet to see the box for it alone on eBay. I also discovered by going on eBay there's a rare smaller Death Star play set from 77/78 that only came out in Canada. So that's a holy grail for me now since the 77/78 set is the only one I want to complete. The sets from the other films I'm fine just having my favorite parts of.

Do you know how exactly how to tell if my Han Solo is the rarer one you're talking about?

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    What does he say on him as his markings?

If it's PGMFG or Kenner it's likely the real deal. If it says Hasbro then he's the repro.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I changed around a few of my shelves (put away the holiday items) and rephotographed my collection. I need to upload all of my photos - but here are a few pics to wet your whistles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jade2013

jade2013 Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2014
    I don't have any full collection pictures like the above, primarily because most of my collection isn't displayed. But I do have pictures of each item in my Mara Jade focus collection on my Photobucket account. The only items not shown are my carded figures, simply because I've not gotten around to photographing them yet.

Some of the collections shown here are astounding.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well hopefully you can find a little nook to get everything out and displayed! Would love to see your full Mara shrine all together.

My photo storage space on my regular website is nearly maxed - so I moved my pics to my site's Facebook page. Follow the link to view the updated pictures!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing :D.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Changed part of my setup a bit.

[​IMG]

Hate to break it to you, Greedo, but you're boned.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Interesting collection. Love the tauntaun. :)

9. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I just finished dedicating the spare room of my apartment to my Star Wars collection. My apologies, the camera on my phone isn't so great and neither is the lighting.

Okay, here we go...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Awesome! I like that you've got all of the films represented in there!

11. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Thanks! I need more shelving hahaha

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty nice. I notice you have food collectibles. If you have any soda cans that are still full, consider either emptying them or relocating them. A few people have found out the hard way that they can leak or explode with age.

DarthJaceus and Gamma626 like this.
  13. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Thanks! I actually used to have the Pepsi cans, but I have no idea what happened to them (I'm guessing my Mom probably threw them out a few years ago before I moved out, thinking they were trash). So I'm on the look out for those! I used to have several store displays as well. I always thought those were cool things to collect;

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was cleaning out my hard drive and came across these pics of some of my vintage role play weapons that I took a few months back. I also have the ROTJ pistol and the SW rifle, but I was too lazy to dig them out when I took these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That Jedi weapon is cool!

CuppaJoe likes this.
  16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks :D. The lightsabers are hard to find without a bunch of dings in them, as you can imagine. Still need the red and green ones.

CuppaJoe likes this.
  17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Just posted this in the "prized possessions" thread and these figures are truly the extent of my "collection" - I was 12 when TPM came out and 15 when AOTC was released, and purchased all of these figures in that three-year span. That's when I truly fell in love with Star Wars, and these little guys will always mean a lot to me. Can't wait to pass them on to my kids someday.
    [​IMG]

18. Lord Tatimus

Lord Tatimus Jedi Padawan

Feb 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Hey everyone
    Don't have much on display right now but thought I'd share the new vader from ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    *Sigh, he's awesome.

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Nice collection CuppaJoe, yes those pop cans can get very messy if they leak or explode. I had one of my cans leak last year but I caught it a few days into the leek and there was not much damage done.

21. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    A bit of a cheat as this is no longer my collection:_| This is my childhood vintage figure/vehicle collection that I sold as a job lot on ebay uk in 2008. Orginal boxes, instructions, and almost all with original weapons, and the sendaway weapon accessory pack.
    Augmented a little with a few extra purchases in my early to mid twenties, and a couple of POTF figures (Luke and Chewie on the right).
    Really regret selling this little lot now. Ho-Hum, started again with newer Hasbro stuff, and looking forward to Rebels figures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Nice bunch of vintage stuff - looks like whoever got it all should've been happy everything looked very clean and well taken care of.

KeithyT likes this.
  23. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks PadmeLeiaJaina they certainly were. My most prized and cared for toys ever. Looking at the pic again I think I only lost the weapons for the Sandperson (gaffi stick) and Chewbacca's arm rifle. The original small headed Han was my first figure and he had some paint loss on his white shirt. I think I had an original C-3PO too but his arm snapped and I replaced with the ESB removable limbs version. I wish I'd kept more of the card backs but there were quite a few UK sendaways by cutting out the names.

Pretty sure Dengar, Admiral Ackbar, zuckuss (now called 4-lom) and Nien Nunb aswell as the weapons/accessory pack were all ones I sent off for.

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oh really? Good to know! I have the Dr Pepper Avengers and Indiana Jones cans still full! Thanks for the tip!

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No problems. Better you find out this way than the messy way..