main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collection Photos Thread V.2 (Image Heavy)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Officially out of space in the cabinet. Had to move some of the troopers over on top of the subwoofers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm going to have to move some of my figures at some point this week. The satellite box some of them sit on is working on heading to the great recycle bin in the sky and I have ordered a replacement. Once it's delivered I'll have to do a remove/replace. New box is kinda curvy though so I'm not sure if stuff can sit on it.

Here's an old pic of the guys on the box.

And here's a small pic of the new box. You can see that it has a gentle curve to it.

3. Lord Tatimus

Lord Tatimus Jedi Padawan

Feb 24, 2014
    Looking good Samewise
    I'm getting back into gentle giant recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    My vintage Star Wars(I refuse to call it A New Hope, lol) collection, so far.

Just picked up the record today(it was only $5, but the nerd in me had to pay $50 extra to get a record player too, lol)

[​IMG]

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You should put that novel in a comic bag or something similar - I have the same first edition and that's where mine is..

whostheBossk and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  6. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Cool pic., CaptainHamYoyo. I haven't seen the individual Marvel comics of the ANH adaptation for years (though I have the reprints).

I don't have a record player or any vinyls anymore. As I'm sure you know, vinyl has been making a come-back the past 5-ish years, and they are making new record players...

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    In the UK you can get USB turntables so you can load your vinyl to your PC. I've heard varying reports on the sound quality though.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have those same items in my collection CaptainHamYoyo and the ANH soundtrack is the first Star Wars item that I ever bought.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The novel (as pictured above) was my first purchase.

whostheBossk and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Those are some very pretty figures. Kudos on finding a small head Han - I never can find one of those at a reasonable price that's in good shape.

That novel is gold - very rare, very nice find!

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The hardcover (not the Book Club version) is the one that's gold - it was only released to the trade, not to the public.

12. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks everybody!!!

And thanks for the tip on comic-bagging the novel Laj_Fett! I wasn't really sure the best way to protect it.

The turntable I bought can connect to the computer and convert to mp3(and while the sound quality on the vinyl is still great), the quality of the conversion is pretty bad(I have the 2004 soundtrack from iTunes for my listening enjoyment on the go, even though the arrangement sequence is different than the original).

Here's my newest score that arrived yesterday and today. I have the Classic Star Wars TPB's, containing my favorite Expanded Universe run of stories, but just sought out the first 10 week storyline from the Goodwin/Williamson run, in newspaper strip form(Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell). I have all 60 daily strips, and 6 out of the 10 Sunday strips(hoping to eventually find the other 4)

Any tips on the best way to protect these? Hoping to put them in some sort of album(6 daily strips from each week on a page, followed by the Sunday strip on its own page, leaving enough blank pages for my missing Sunday strips). But not sure if there's a way to do this without using tape or glue(not sure if the plastic sleeves will hold the daily strips in place without shifting).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    It's really neat comparing the original strips to the great job Dark Horse(and Al Williamson himself) did in translating them into comic book form!

14. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Great score! I'm a huge fan of those original Al Williamson/Archie Goodwin newspaper strips, though I only have them as the "Classic Star Wars" colored & re-edited Dark Horse reprints from the early '90's. When Dark Horse still had the SW license, IIRC they had plans to reprint these strips in the unedited, b&w format - however, they lost the license to Marvel - and, I have no idea if Marvel plans to reprint these in their original format.

I don't have much advice re: how to store these loose strips, other than possibly looking into putting them in bags & boards, like you have with the SW comics. However, if you did that (without taping them to the inside of the board, which you probably wouldn't want to do), they would still shift around in the bag.

Side-note: All of these strips have been reprinted in the unedited b&w format in a three-book HC set by Russ Cochran publishing - however, that book is long out-of-print (OOP) these days, and quite expensive...

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Those are sooo awesome, one of my biggest regrets in life is that my large envelope that I had where I had stored all of the comics that I cut out of the papers got lost :_|

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not sure on protecting those either. However, if you have a hobby or collecting shop (or one that sells trading cards) near you check to see if any of the albums/plastic card pages they have are suitable. I know I've been into Forbidden Planet in London and their trading card section has storage pages and binders for sale. Amazon has these but you'd obviously need pages with larger pockets.

17. Blur

Aug 11, 1999

Sorry to hear that - something similar happened to me: Back in the late '70's/early '80's, as a little kid I was cutting out the SW newspaper strips from the paper each day and taping them to cardboard (these were not the Williamson/Goodwin strips that CaptainHamYoyo has - those never hit my newspaper at the time), but the earlier Russ Manning strips. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea where those Manning strips are now - I wish I had saved/stored them better, since they're never been reprinted in their original format.

Some of the R. Manning strips were reprinted by Dark Horse in the early '90's, though they were edited and had color added (similar to the Williamson/Goodwin strips):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Classic_Star_Wars:_The_Early_Adventures

However, it's also worth noting that Dark Horse didn't reprint all of the Manning strips:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/wookiee-madness-the-old-russ-manning-comic-strips/

18. Let The Wookie Win

Let The Wookie Win Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2014
    There are some really great collections in this thread and they're all uniquely displayed! I can't wait til I'm done with college (in about a year) so that I can start displaying my collection again.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  19. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    I'm getting ever closer to being able to put all of my collection on display. It's been such a long time since any of it was taken out of the boxes it's stored it. Now I have a mancave I just need to put up the shelves I've bought and then I can unbox it all. :D It'll be like a mega Christmas for me.

Let The Wookie Win likes this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah unboxing stuff is always fun. I especially love rummaging and finding stuff that I have zero memory of ever purchasing :p

21. Darth Westie

Darth Westie Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2015
    I need to get some more pictures when I get some time but here is one shelf with a Luke theme. Carded figures are 12 back, 31 back and 65 back. The light sabers are an Icons and a fan made ROTJ and the blaster is a Master Replica. Behind them is the Master Replica Luke light saber blueprint and just some old Marvel comics I framed
    [​IMG]

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well today I photographed my shrine - it's been a while. I really need to get more shelves, the shelves I do have filled are bursting. I want to be able to set up a big Clone Wars display since I've managed to pick up so many Clone Wars war vehicles.

For now click HERE to peruse my full gallery of pics I did today. Here are a couple of samples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Great pics., Padme! Very impressive collection there.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  24. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    There's some really great collections on here. I'm impressed. I have a LONG way to go to catch up to all of you. I've been a fan since I first saw the 1995 VHS releases, then onto the special editions, and prequels. And I never did much collecting in those days, so I'm making up for it now. I've been getting a lot of Force Awakens stuff. I post most of my purchases and finds on Instagram. I will post some stuff up soon!

25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Let me know what photo site you use as i need to learn how to post some pics as well.