main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

collection pictures...

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I've recently started a project to catalogue my R2D2 collection to try and keep better track of it, because for now they're either stored away somewhere or displayed on these shelves:
    [image=http://static.flickr.com/59/156263300_7b50edbd1b_m.jpg]
    -and while its fun to see a big pile of R2s like that, it?s not very clear what exactly I have.

So, with that in mind and some time to kill while I was sick, I started photographing each unique item individually over the last few days. I got a decent setup where I don?t need to clean up the images very much, but it will still take many hours to get them all. You can see the one I?ve done already here: http://flickr.com/photos/donsolo/sets/72157594149539105/

So far I've got 141 of them online with dozens more waiting their turn. Hopefully I can get them all online before too long, and I?ll know for sure again just how many I have. I thought maybe someone in here might be interested in seeing them, and I wondered if anyone else has a collection like this? ? (plus I?m looking for a reason to keep our Fresno forum active!)

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, not exactly an R2 collection but lots of original release stuff.

However, I am looking for one specific droid piece that I didn't get when it was available (and NOT LFL authorized). Seriously this thing did exist for a while..

It was a C3PO scotch tape dispenser. 3PO was on his back holding the roll of tape on his stomach/chest. The tape was then pulled through his open bent legs and the "cutter" was between his knees. It was so disgusting it was hysterical. Part of a desk set. I passed on it at the time (just wasn't into 3PO for a collectable) but have kicked myself over and over that I didn't get it..just because it was soo....odd.

*There does that help Fresno a small bit?*

3. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Is this what it looked like?

[image=http://tanuudar.freeservers.com/SWG%20Photos/C3POTapeDispenser.jpg]

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ARRGHH... the link didn't work. Try again!!

5. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    Oh dear god... that's ridiculous! [face_laugh] (You can see it if you click the link...)

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    YES! YES! YES!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Unbelievable isn't it! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.