main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collections Thread - What have you added to your Collection lately?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Fine, you lock one, I start up another. What I'm adding to my collection this week:

Mugs and mousepads from the Official Site, with Padme's picture on 'em. This is an excellent marketing ploy -- certainly worked for me! It will be interesting to see what the Official Site comes up with in the next few months, to keep interest up.

Merlin stickers and sticker albums from the UK, for both TPM and AOTC. This is the British equivalent of the cards over here (Topps), so I'm looking forward to seeing these.

Also hope to add a full set of the OT on audio. I've got the books, would now like the spoken version.

Helen

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, like I posted in the new defunct and decomposing old Collecting thread.. I am anxiously awaiting my Imperial Logo mug and MousePadme. Now finally I can put my hand all over Padme..<<wakes up>> oh, oops!
    I haven't added much more to my collection lately except for Clone Wars Mace Windu and Obi Wan.
    I was impressed with the Code 3 Millenium Falcon that Jundland_Jay has (where has he been? I haven't seen him around.. here or in Galaxies). I think I'll save up for the Code 3 X-Wing.. since that's one of my favorite vehicles. I'm thinking of picking up a Master Replicas Darth Vader FX saber too. But I'm hoping for a major price reduction on that thing like the did for the Anakin FX.
    A lot of the new figures have been hard to find. I can't believe the stores are restocking the pegs with OLD figures! Target and Walmart are pretty much the only stores that has new stuff occasionally. The World's Biggest Toy Store Toys R Us has nothing but old junk, as does KB.

3. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, i'm really jealous of you guys. Must be nice having "Darth Vader money" (JEJ quote from Will and Grace)...
    I had to give up my collecting cause lack of funds and space. But i "collect" through my padawan whom still buys stuff and i still like to go to the stores just to browse.
    "May the force be with your pocketbooks"

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Eggg-Cellent!

What I kind of like, (hope you guys don't think this is lame) are the Micro-Machines heads, that turn into things. For Example, I have an Imperial Royal Guard, the opens into the Emperor's Throne Room. I have a Stormtrooper that becomes the Death Star.

They are not expensive, but kind of cool.
    I also LOVE LOVE LOVE my Imperial Royal Guard Ink Stamp!

5. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    an Autographed copy of the Mara Jade comic

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I haven't added too much to my collection except the Tantive IV Lego (thanks to my new friend and Lego connection) and on Christmas a Lego AT-AT (compliments of my sister-in-law and her husband). I haven't found any new figures at Target and I have been going every couple of days. I spoke with a couple of young padawans in front of the Star Wars figures the other day and I was pleased with their enthusiasm. Another generation to support GL's empire.

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Best acquisition lately: my life-size Ep. I Yoda! Most recent additions: the Paizo Santa Yoda, an Empire-era Luke and Yoda placemat in pristine condition, a Yoda pint-glass for those special beverages, and a wicked goth-y non-licensed Yoda finger jewelry thing.

Yes, I only collect Yoda <<(*_*)>> ;) But I love the little green guy!

I also collect dishes and housewares in what I like to call "Yoda green."

Time to lock me up, I know...

Cheers,
    JediBith

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Great additions JediBith!
    Legos are on sale at KB right now! MAJOR discounts. They didn't have anything I didn't already have though.. but if you want to catch up on your Lego collection, head on over to the mall! Small sets, usually $10 each are now 3 for $10!
    Speaking of Legos, I went to the Lego Store at the Glendale Galleria.. it's pretty cool! I want that new Snowspeeder.. it's sweeeet. Come to think of it...I don't know why I just didn't pick it up?

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Bernie got me the Lego AT-AT for my birthday and it came with a snowspeeder...we can't stop playing with it! The AT-AT is incredible!!! I only forgot to mention it before because it wasn't Yoda..While I only COLLECT Yoda stuff, I tend to buy other things, too! I THINK there's a difference between COLLECTING and buying isn't there? ;) Or am I rationalizing :)

Cheers,
    JediBith

10. DannyB2

DannyB2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Those Micro Machine heads are some of my favorite collectibles. I wish they had continued that line. Which ones do you have? I have recently added the Padme wedding figure to open and the Star Wars fact file from the U.K. that somebody brought me back. I wish we could get that here but it is only available in The U.K.,Australia,South Africa, and Malta. I almost forgot about the Ewok bank I picked up the Shrine comic show in L.A.

11. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    JediBith, I know there?s a difference between buying & stealing but if both are acquiring & a collection is an acquirement of an accumulation of objects then wouldn?t all objects collected ,whether bought or not, be gathered as a result of a hobby? And a hobby, whether exhibited or not, relating to an interest in objects gathered for study could be considered a collection as a result of a purchase or other acquirement.
    Oh man see what staying up late does to you? Now I?m trying to rationalize the rationale. <C3PO imitation> Will this never end!?

I?m only being stupid of course :D .
    Happy collecting everyone!

12. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, other than my newly acquired Darth Bubba action figure (from The Empire Barks Back) and the aforementioned Code 3 Millenium Falcon, I have not acquired much this year except for the signed production phot of Irvin Kershner directing Dave Prowse and the Legends coldcast porcelain bust of Figrin D'an.

I would like to get the Lego AT-AT, but fear that I would have no where to put it....(sigh)

13. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    you really should try to get the Darth-Bubba action figured autographed. I heard they are very rare.

Did it come with Double Bladed Light Saber, or with a bottle of Scotch?

14. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Bendubruce-
    Indeed you have a most dizzying intellect!!! :D.

WOW!!! a darth-bubba figure...what a rare find. Was it hard to get or did you get it through a scalper??? ;)

15. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    don't you mean a bubba-bladed light saber

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    JediBenduBruce--
    I buy coffee too...but I don't collect it ;) !
    j/k,
    JediBith

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My Yodas came in today! Hurray!

18. jedibendubruce

Dec 27, 2002
    JediBith, it made sense at the time :p . I guess this is what I get for reading too much Stephen Hawking :D . I wonder if drinking coffee, leading to an addiction, could be considered a need by some & a hobby to others. My cousin "collects" tastes of different coffees like some people do micro brews. Hmm, could something visceral that's consumed be considered a hobby?
    Geez, as you can see another late night. I'm going to lay off the coffee now :p .

Anyone seen the new Unleashed figures? Very cool!

19. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Whoaaa, Bendubruce!!!
    You've had much to much coffee...slow down...can't follow this stream of consciousness.....help

20. jedibendubruce

Dec 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah JJ too much coffee is right. Time to throw away my Coffee Bean card huh? Anyway, who's asked Santa for SW toys?

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I always ask Santa for Star Wars stuff, usually Legos. My padawan often does too.

22. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Psst..There...is..no..(ack)...Saaa..(gasp)...nta..Claaaaaaaussssssss...

(Noises of Jundland_Jay's inert form being dragged off by Darth Claus' evil minions.)

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bite your tongue, Jay!

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I still believe in Santa...

25. jedibendubruce

Dec 27, 2002
    If there's no Santa then how do you explain the flying reindeer huh? Gotta go, my meds are waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.