main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collections Thread - What have you added to your Collection lately?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I've been searching for that lollipop!! I can't find it!! My collection will not be complete unless I have that Jar Jar Tongue sucker!! Thanks for the pic Birdman!

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Got my custom mousepads and coffee mugs today (all Padme/Amidala, of course). They are very cool, very well done. I just wish the mugs weren't ceramic -- otherwise I'd be taking 'em everywhere.

Still waiting for my Holiday Yoda -- was supposed to be here yesterday but it didn't show up. Hopefully today's the day!

Helen

4. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Does anybody else get the Entertainment Earth catalog? Lots of SW stuff in it this time, including Master Replicas lightsabers (a couple on sale) and a replica of the cane that the Emperor carried in ROTJ.

Matt, they carry protective cases (the kind that hang) for action figures for $3.99.

They have all the new Hasbro stuff that is coming out, including the new 12" Classic Obi-Wan and other 12" figures. The only problem is that all of the Hasbro toys are sold in "waves," but if you want one (or two) of everything...well, there ya go.

The best thing is that such EE is headquartered in North Hollywood, you can make arrangements to go pick everything up, avoiding shipping time and charges.

5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks ValedaKor. I know of EE but I haven't bought anything from them. $3.99 for a case is a bit steep.. but I can't find them anywhere else.

My custom Star Wars stuff also came in!! Finally, I have the Imperial mug and the Padme mousepad that I've always dreamed about owning.

I am also now the proud owner of a Clone Wars Bus Shelter Poster (4'x6'). Those who have seen my collection know that I already have a TPM bus shelter poster and AOTC Imax banner hanging. I think I'll put this Clone Wars poster next to them. I also have a regular (Drew Struzan) AOTC Bus Shelter poster but it has a nasty crease in it (they guy who shipped it to me is an idiot and didn't package it right), a Darth Maul Bus Shelter Poster, and an AOTC Teaser Banner. All these things are so huge that I don't have wall space for them. Once I win the lotto and buy a larger home, perhaps I can display them all.

EDIT: The Lego UCS Snowspeeder is now.. mine! Thanks CBM!!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, Christmas came early today for me also as I received my Bespin set today (also thanks to CBM!). I was disappointed that the person who gave JR his bus shelter poster did not think of me when she was getting one for JR. I hope to get one myself.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't think I have any bus shelter banners, will have to check. Do have one of the big (4'x6') "Be The First to Own on Video April 4" banners for TPM. That covers my front window.

Got my Holiday Yoda today...yippee! He is a very cute little guy.

Matt, I have another source for SW cases that is very good. PM me and I'll send you the link. Don't think I should do it here, that might not be proper.

Helen

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I collect bottles of sctoch. How is this related to Star Wars you ask?

Well my photo with Jeremy Bullock, Peter Mayhew and I are guarding the bottles.

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got the annoucement for the Code 3 X-Wing. I really want this piece, but at $300, it's kinda steep. After seeing Jundland_Jay's Millenium Falcon, I was impressed with the quality and detail. Except for the Lego UCS Star Destroyer, I've never spent this much on any one Star Wars item. I don't own any Master Replica props (the Anakin FX is more of a fancy toy really). Tough decision..plus I gotta find someplace to display it.

I still haven't received my Holiday Yodas yet.. and I ordered mine the same time as Haskett. :(

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    $300 is a bit steep. I think I am going to have to wait until the dust settles after Christmas to think about it. Even so, I don't think Mr. DarthHaskett would appreciate it. Man! Greed and Jealousy are lousy vices to contend with...How do the Jedi do it?

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    From the main page at TF.N:

Some sweet deals going on over at KBToys.com, including the Imperial Shuttle for $69.99 and many of the terrific Playskool Star Wars sets for about 30% off (great gifts for the up-and-coming Star Wars fans).

*UPDATE Use the following code in any order over $50 and receive $10 off your order! "SEARSKBTOY" Thanks to Tim from KSWCC for the tip!

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks ValedaKor! I didn't know the code! The Shuttle for only $59 is a deal!! But where am I gonna put that thing? The box is huge! Oh well... worry about it later.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Just picked up the latest series of LEGO minis.. Sith Infiltrator, Star Destroyer, AT-TE, and Imperial Shuttle. Also got Clone Wars Asajj Ventress and Durge (smashed bubble, but bought it anyway). All at Toys R Us.. somewhere I haven't bought anything from in a long time...a long time.

EDIT: I also finally received my Holiday Yodas.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR! Your birthday is coming up and Christmas is right around the corner! Stop!

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, I ordered my X-Wing from Code 3...with the Mark Hamill signature. That's my Christmas present this year.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    NO WAY ValedaKor!1!11! I got their brochure in the mail and I've been drooling over that X-Wing! $300 is kinda steep.. Plus the Signature Series is $500!!! YIKES!!
    Ok.. you've convinced me..I'll just order the non-signed one.. although it would be uber-cool to get Mark Hamill's signature, since I don't have his..
    I'll just convince everyone to give me money for x-mas. Or I can put off buying that new car for a while.

EDIT - I wonder if I can pick it up in person like Jundland_Jay did.. that way perhaps I can save on shipping, and lessen the risk of something happening to it in transit. They're located in Woodland Hills.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man! That's just way too rich for my blood. I guess I'll wait until after Christmas is over to see where the dust settles.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, I'm doing it on the installment plan, so that helps a little.

I will bring it to a meeting as soon as it arrives.

Truly -- I wanted the signed one so that in future, if I'm every interested in something with Mark Hamill's signature on it, I can do a bit of comparison. Autographs are THE most counterfit items on eBay. I have autographed pics from EPI and II, and it's very likely that they aren't real -- except for maybe the early ones, ones I bought right after EPI came out, before people realized they could make a killing on "signed photos" of these hitherto fairly unknown actors. I know I have an authentic Ewan McGregor, for instance, on a book that came straight from his Children's Hospital charity in Scotland.

I've been thinking about making up a slide show of my collection. Since I have no room to display anything, at least a photographic record would be something. It's a thought, anyway.

Helen

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You could always make a powerpoint presentation of your collection.

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, this is not SW collection-related, but it IS Christmas...

Electronic Arts is offering coupons on their game orders. Here are the codes:

$10 off : CS10OFF
    $15 off : CS15OFF
    25% off : CS25POFF
    Free Shipping : CSFREESHIP

The best part is that all of the coupons except for the 25% off are stackable. Meaning you can get Medal of Honor Frontline for 5 bucks with free shipping. Stacking the 10 the 15 and free shipping you can get ROTK for 27 dollars after taxes.

Hope this helps for the game-buying types out there!

Helen

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    More coupon-stuff out there, from Kebcotoys.com:

25% OFF all In-Stock items until Dec 10th, 2003

Enter KEBCO25OFF as your coupon code.

IN-STOCK items only. Pre-Orders do not qualify for the 25% OFF.

The 25% OFF Sale will run until Dec 10th, 2003. Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, Star Trek, MOTU, McFarlane, Lord of the Rings and more.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Here's what I've added to my collection recently..
    Imperial Shuttle - Huge box! I haven't opened it yet.
    12" Leia with Speederbike - Another Huge box.
    Master Replicas Darth Vader FX Saber - Excellent piece! Best FX saber out now.
    Figs - Saesee Tiin (CW), Obi-Wan (Outlander Club), Elan Sleazebaggano, Bail Organa, and some Imperial dignitary.

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, I got my Code 3 Collectibles X-Wing yesterday...and the base has a boo boo. I am driving out to Woodland Hills to replace it, tomorrow.

Other than that -- it is awesome! And very heavy. If I didn't want it as a collecible I could use it as a weapon LOL.

To the next meeting, it comes.

Helen

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool, Helen. I can't wait to see it. Unfortunately, my current situation with my deadbeat car will delay my future purchases for a while. I have to wait a bit longer now. That and I haven't found any new figures of late. I saw the Leia on a speeder and it's just too big. I am quickly running out of room and I fear Mr. DarthHaskett will run out of patience soon.

25. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    jedibendubruce: If there's no Santa then how do you explain the flying reindeer huh?

I think Cheech Marin explained it best... "...a little MORE magic dust for Santa, some for his reindeers, his f'in elves..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.