main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collections Thread - What have you added to your Collection lately?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I just got, from a co-worker, four Clone Wars figs, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Asajj Ventress. They are super cool. Mr. DH saw them in my drawer and I got the good "more figures" look, not the cool, but the oh well, as long as you enjoy them look. Any way, I need to start setting up my room. Mr. DH and I spoke about converting the spare bedroom to a Star Wars room. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Oh, I also got an Jabba Sail Barge R2 fig. Pretty sweet.

Last thing, I read on TF.N that Target is slashing the prices on Star Wars Legos. If anyone sees an AT-AT for $50 or less, pick one up for me. I'd like to give one to my padawan. Thanks.

2. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Lego is releasing a new Millennium Falcon, according to this page on the TFN main site. The link is to pictures of the new set. It looks incredible!

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I saw it in the catalog. It does look sweet. I want one but I have to stop this madness. My co-worker has figured that I have spent quite a bit on my collection already and I have to stop before I can't. The problem is it's too late already. I can't stop. Is there a Star Wars Collectors Anonymous out there?

4. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I'm not a memorabilia kind of person, so I don't have that problem, but I do love legos. It's good for me, because I can't afford to indulg the addiction... this is why I only look at the high-ticket items, so that I don't sneak off to the nearest Kay Bee and clean them out (well, waste my roughly $35 dollars a week disposable income on it)

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    TK, take your $35, sock it away and get a Star Destroyer. Very cool and definitely worth the money.

Glad you are escaping the addiction. I can't stop!

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I haven't been very successful in my collecting hunts lately.. a lot of empty pegs. I picked up the "animated" Clone Wars figs.. that's about it.

On another note.. SOMEONE broke my Master Replicas Darth Vader Force FX lightsaber. I called Master Replicas and I sent them back a couple of small parts from the saber and they sent me a whole new one! Great customer service!

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    tis a shame you were so careless to let a $100 FX lightsaber get broke. You should take better care of those things.

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I don't usually follow this thread, but I will make an exception:

Matt/Caludia/Helen... check this out

Kick Butt eBay auction Maybe you collectors could combine your funds.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I actually have some of those items. That's okay. I like to open the box (if I do) myself.

10. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Does anybody know where I could get a piece of SW merchandise evaluated/appraised? I have one item, and I think it may be worth something. I like it a lot and have no real interest in selling it, but if it's really worth something, I'd like to get it insured. (An upcoming raise will allow me to finally get Renter's Insurance).

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I've got my x-wing -- Matt and Claudia can have dibs on all those vehicles :).

Matt, as to getting something appraised, the only easy way is to get your hands on one of the price guides that are out there at the moment. That will at least give you a start. Here's one: Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book, Second Edition by Geoffrey T. Carlton.

For more information, to determine just exactly what it is that you have, start here: Star Wars Collectors Archive

I believe there are appraisers that attend Grand Slam, but I would have to check on that.

Hope this helps a bit.

Helen

12. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I didn't see it or anything like it on that site. It's a re-casting of a Pit Droid model that was used in TPM. It came from "the Ranch", but I'm not exactly sure who made it. It's "original" and "official" although it wasn't used in the movie itself, its "cousin" was... I guess I'll have to search around for someone who can give me a ballpark figure. It's probably not worth insuring anyway, but it seems valuable to me. I think I'm being over-concerned with "stuff"...

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That sounds like quite a collectible. It is unlikely you will find someone who could give you a figure for it. I would be more concerned with someone approaching you to have it returned.

14. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Naaaah. It was made especially for my mother (it even has her name on it) by the little gnomes at Lucasfilm... I begged her for it for several years before she'd give it to me, and looking at it last night got me to thinking it might actually be worth something other than my liking it because I'm an SW geek. So, unless my mom wants it back, I'm cool.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    In that case, Matt, you should e-mail Gus Lopez (his e-mail address is on the bottom of that SW Collectors archive page). I have a piece of the ANH set from Tunisia that I got from him. He's a big collector of actual props from the movies. He'd be a good place to start.

Helen

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    TK, forgive me for doubting the legitimacy of your collectible. It sounded to cool for words. You'll have to bring it some day for us to ogle.

17. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I didn't think it was all that cool... I mean I LIKE it and all, but as I said before, it never occurred to me that it might have appeal to someone else or be worth anything until the other night.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ANYTHING from the Ranch is cool. You are fortunate to have such connections. Perhaps a tour can be arranged?

19. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Trust me when I say you wouldn't want to go there... My mom doesn't work for Fox anymore, so I doubt they'd have any use for her now. They're not nice people. They largely only deal with people outside the company when they have something to gain/are beholden to them somehow...

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That's too bad. I can believe the attitude. It doesn't appear that they treat their employees well either. Oh well, it would still be cool to visit.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Start saving your money for this year's ornaments. I promise to put mine out this Christmas so if anyone feels like swinging by to check them out...

Hallmark has posted info on some of the new ornaments for 2004, but no pictures yet. Here's the info so far:

Chewbacca and C-3PO
    8th in the Star Wars series.
    By Kristina Kline.
    5" H.
    Price: $14.95

Anakin Skywalker
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
    By Kristina Kline.
    5" H.
    Price: $14.95

Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner
    Star Wars: A New Hope
    Magic Ornament. Voice and light. Press button to hear a conversation between C-3PO and R2-D2.
    By Dill Rhodus.
    5 1/2" W.
    Price: $28.00

Star Wars: A New Hope
    Theater One-Sheet Light clip for optional lighting effect.
    By Dill Rhodus.
    4 1/2" H.
    Price: $19.95

My favorite Hallmark Ornament is my Enterprise from the Original series.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    No Padme -- bummer :(. No ornaments for me this year.

Helen

23. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    many many signed items by Andy Serkis. I was looking for You guys with some printed out pictures but I didn't see any of you.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I FINALLY received my metallic-smoke colored Darth Vader bust from the Star Wars MasterCard promotion. It's an awesome piece! I wish I had more Gentle Giant busts, but I have no idea where to buy them.

I also just recently picked up the Luke Hoth wave of figures.

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Matt, you can buy Gentle Giant busts from Entertainment Earth, and since they are in North Hollywood, you can go and pick them up.

Entertainment Earth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.