main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collections Thread - What have you added to your Collection lately?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I noticed in the Toy Fair Review that Master Replicas will be selling a FX Jacket. Why is Master Replicas selling jackets? Supposedly, this jacket has fiber optic lighting effects. Be careful when you wash it!

Here's what it looks like with the lighting effects:

[image=http://www.imageshack.us/files/swfo.gif]

2. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I about got thrown out of the office for cackling so loud at that one. Perfect context, Master JR. Well done!

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd *really* want that if it was on the front of a t-shirt/babydoll, and would prefer it didn't light up...

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I was curious about that new SW store Helen.. I even started a thread about it in the Collecting forum. I guess Lucasfilm/Official Site will be running this store. I hope they have cool stuff, and a lot of it..and decent prices, it would suck if Lucasfilm was out to gouge SW fans directly.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I saw the notice on the new store also. I submitted my email address because I want one of those patches. I did recently receive from a very good friend who has odd delusions - Unleashed figures of Luke, Clone Troopers, and Yoda, figures of Jabba and some other denizens of the palais de Hutt (I made that up), and a "Japanese deformed" Vader that I absolutely love!

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I was excited about the new online store until I read this in tf.n's story about it:

In the U.S., what states will people have to pay tax if you ship to them?

[Paul Ens] Just California

[face_plain]

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Do you have to be a fan club member to shop at this store, or will they gouge anybody?

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    CBM,
    I'm sure they'll gouge anyone. It's not being run by the Fan Club.. it's being run by The Official Site/Lucasfilm. They said that Hyperspace members will get some advantages though. This is where they'll be selling the $15,000 bronze life-size Yoda.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, Matt, saw your post over there, too. Well, what can you say. I'm assuming the inventory is in California, so they're shipping from here -- gob'ment gots to get its shaaaaarrrrre, doncha know.

At least we should get our "stuff" in a timely fashion (one can only hope).

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I also thought it was it a gyp that we had to pay tax on merchandise here. I know that it is because they are based out of Marin County but still, it's not fair. We had better save some money on shipping, that's all I've got to say about that.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Got this today:

STAR WARS at Code 3 Collectibles(R)!

Code 3

Deadly & Distinctive Just Like Its Owner
    Boba Fett's Slave I Available For Ordering March 9th

Boba Fett's Slave I - Order March 9th
    Guild Members can pre-order Boba Fett's Slave I, and Slave I Special Edition Signature Series, starting March 9, 2004. Guild Members get a 1 week pre-order window before it is made available to the general public.

Remember there are only 500 pieces available world wide of the Special Edition Signature Series so mark your calendar for March 9'th and use your accumulated Loyalty Dollar Rewards!

Remember, with your model of the deadly Slave I, you will receive a customized display stand and base . You can position Slave I on the base and display stand with its engines down or in flight mode. You will also receive Boba Fett's bounty hunter patch, the specialized magnetic tool and a lined case in which to keep your removable parts.

Use Your Loyalty Dollar Rewards For Boba Fett's Slave I
    Check out your Loyalty Dollar Reward Balance today! You have been earning Loyalty Dollar Rewards ever since you became a Star Wars Guild Member. For every $200 you have spent you have earned $10 in Loyalty Dollar Rewards that you can now use on future purchases (That's 5% of your purchase coming back to you). Just a little added bonus to purchasing with Code 3 Collectibles.

Code 3 Collectibles
    6115 Variel Ave.
    Woodland Hills, CA 91367
    Office Hours: M-F 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PT)
    Voice: 1-888-635-2333 Fax: 1-818-598-6868
    E-mail: collector@code3.net

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    In the words of DH - Thanks for the info Helen!

I haven't added anything to my collection in weeks!! The stores have been so dry and void of new SW stuff.. it's getting frustrating again. I knew it would be like this after the holidays though. Empty pegs in the Star Wars section is depressing.

I would like to pick up a couple sets of the plastic "glasses".

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey! Don't take my lines, JR! I need to seriously revisit my finances. I love Boba Fett, in fact, my previous email was Slave I. I got all sorts of inappropriate emails because of it (that and lots of dirty looks from people when I told them what it was). I have an order in for a new n scale shay engine to add to my model railroad collection so I don't think I can afford the Code 3 unless I starve for a month or two...

I've been trying to find those "glasses". I want two sets, one to keep and one to use. If anyone sees any, let me know!

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't know if this is considered part of my collection but I just spent $30 on a bottle of Lucas wine. This is crazy because as most of you know, I don't drink alcohol. I wanted one to keep so I guess it was worth the money. Crazy!

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Claudia, I ordered the wine too! The Merlot will be out in the summer -- I'm ordering that, too. If you join their mailing list you get a discount code good for your next order.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the new SW store is now open. The link is:

Star Wars Shop

No Padme/Amidala items unfortunately, but a lot of other stuff. Ordered me a visor and a t-shirt.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Great Helen! I checked before I left for work (6:30) and it wasn't up yet. Great news! I went on a mini-shopping spree and got me the Exclusive Green Clone Trooper Bust and a case of Original Trilogy Vintage Figures. I usually don't like buying my figures online, but I just have to have these cool 'vintage packaged' figs!! It's not that cheap though :(

I also ordered 2 bottles of that Skywalker Ranch wine yesterday. I bought one to open..at a LAFF meeting.

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Stupid sales tax. Stupid exclusives!

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Dang it!! I keep checking that site and there's soo many cool things I want! Since Target/WalMart/TRU have been so dry lately, I haven't bought anything in a long time, which in my mind, justifies spending more money now! YIKES!! I would like to buy one 'high ticket' exclusive item though.. Somebody stop me!!

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Can't help you there, Matt -- you're preaching to the choir :) :) :).

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey wait! I have a tax refund coming my way Mwuahahahaha!!

22. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Starwarsshop.com is still not up yet. It has a graphics stating that it is coming soon.

Also, I went to try to buy the Skywalker wine, but it was already sold out :(

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I also bought an exclusive green clone trooper. Very cool. I'm glad I got one before the site went down. I will also share my bottle with the group at a future event. Thanks for the tip on the Merlot. I will buy that also. This is insane!

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I guess that LFL is in serious need of more money -- check out this new promotion:

Chef Boyardee

And this LOL:

Ditto Chef Boyardee

So Matt, get to eatin' :) :) :).

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    UGH!!! It seems all my excitement of this morning was all for nothing. The glitch they had with the starwarsshop.com has caused them to cancel all orders that were placed this morning. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!
    All those who placed orders are promised a set of ROTJ patches and a $50 gift certificate, which I guess is cool. Check out the message at www.starwarsshop.com

How disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.