main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collections

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by BigPoppaJabba, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    For my 1000th post, I thought I would bring up something that's been on my mind for a while.

How do people collate/ store their collections?

It would be fascinating to see how you folks present and store whatever games you play.

This is how my cards are set out.

I have several three tring binders. My two biggest are my SW:CCG binders (naitch). One is black and the other is white.

My general system for binding cards is this:

One of each card goes into the main presentation binder for that card.

For Star Wars, the preference is a black-bordered, non foil card, but if the only copy I have is w/b or foil, that goes into the main binder.

The main binder is set out as thus:

LIGHTSIDE:
    Rebels
    Republic
    Aliens
    Droids
    Creatures
    Starships
    Vehicles
    Effects
    Interrupts
    Jedi Tests/ Admirals orders
    Epic Events/ Objectives
    Locations

DARKSIDE:
    Imperial
    Republic
    Aliens
    Droids
    Creatures
    Starships
    Vehicles
    Effects
    Interrupts
    Admirals orders
    Epic Events/ Objectives
    Locations

Each section is started on a new binder page, so not all pages are complete.

Except for Jedi tests (Which are in order of the test number) Cards are sorted alphabetically, ignoring "the" or "A".

I place the cards in 9 card binder sheets, back to pack, so 18 cards fit in a sheet. This means that when you open the file, you can look at 18 cards at a time.

I also have a binder for foils that aren't in the main binders. This binder also includes AI cards (If i have an AI, but mot the original image, it goes into the main binder) and LotR foils.

In addition, I have an "miscellaneous" binder that includes card games I don't have nmany cards for. Included are YJ, JK and the TCG. All these cards are listed according to set ands then card number. Lot5R is set iut according to clan and name.

I have two smaller binders for LotR. The blue on has free peoples, TTT sites and Rings, while the black has shadow cards and FotR sites.

They are set out as thus:
    FP: Dwarf, Elf, Gandalf, Gondor, Rohan Shire
    Sh: Dunland, Isengard, Moria, Ringwraith and Sauron.

Sites are at the end of each binder. Like in SW, new cultures are started on a new binder page.

I keep all copies of the one ring together for each of access.

"extras" of each card are put into white, labelled card boxes, basically in the order I them in the binders. The only exception is that I break LotR cultures down further into Ally, Artifact, Companion, Condition, Event, minion, possession.

Well, that is an insight into my collecting habits. How do you sort your collections?

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I have that anthology box and keep my cards in that, and to keep my decks seperate i place them in starters boxes, the perfect size, and if a card is extra rare it gets a plastic clip.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Here's how I sort my SW singles collection:

I arrange my cards by side, then I separate them by type:

Rebel (Imperial)
    Dual-iconned Rebel (Imperial)
    (Dark) Jedi Master
    Republic
    Alien
    Droid
    Creature
    Starship
    Vehicle
    Admiral's Order
    Jedi Test
    Epic Event
    Objective
    Game Aid
    Sector
    System
    Site
    Character weapon
    Automated weapon
    Starship weapon
    Death Star weapon
    Death Star II weapon
    Vehicle weapon
    Artillery weapon
    Defensive Shield
    Podracer
    Effect
    Starting Effect
    Political Effect
    Utinni Effect
    Mobile Effect
    Immediate Effect
    Used Interrupt
    Used or Lost Interrupt
    Used or Starting Interrupt
    Lost or Starting Interrupt
    Lost Interrupt

Within each category, I sort cards by ability/maneuver/armor first (if any), and then by power. I sort cards that have the same ability and power alphabetically. For systems, I sort them by parsec number, and then alphabetically. Everything else is sorted alphabetically.

As for my rares binder, I sort by side and set, and then alphabetically.

In LOTR, I sort by culture, and then alphabetically.

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I sort all my cards by side (Dark/Light/Nuetral) then by type (Space, Ground, etc) then I alphabetize them and store them all in cardboard card boxes. I do this with all my cards including rares, mains, or not. For me, it is easier in deckbuilding.

5. ninjapheret

ninjapheret Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I have the first and second anthology boxes full of commons and uncommons. One is Light Side, the other Dark.

I have them in order, Premiere (limited) to Theed Palace. I also place them in order in each expansion...

Weapons/Devices
    Creatures
    Characters
    Ships/Vehicles
    Locations
    Effects
    Interrupts
    Epic Events and others, like Generals Orders and such go last.

I have a three ring binder that holds all my rares in it, in plastic sheets that hold 9 cards per page. I have two cards per slot, so each page has 18 rares in it. The first page's front and back store Mains, light and dark side, and the rest of the pages store cards in the same order as I said above.

Then I keep my decks (2 light side, 2 dark side) in two Sealed Deck boxes..One's Princess Leia on the Tantive IV, the other box is Jabba.

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I sort mine into LS/DS, then place one of each card in a binder sorted this way for each side:
    Character
    Misc (Admiral's Orders, Creatures, Defensive Shields, Epic Events, Jedi Tests, Objectives)
    Devices
    Effects
    Interrupts
    Locations
    Starships
    Vehicles
    Weapons

I place all other cards in an anthology box for each side sorted the same way.

7. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I have for the most part each expansion in 1" thick white 3 Ring binders with color laser images of my favorite cards from that expansion on the front and back of each binder. For most expansions I actually have "two sets" of each until the Special Edition release where I just started to get into collecting and not playing. My son and I pretty much stopped playing when Episode 1 cards were released.

These are how they are separated.

SWCCG
    Premier
    A New Hope
    Dagobah
    Cloud City
    Jabba's Palace
    Endor
    Death Star II
    Special Edition
    Reflection 1 (note: I also have complete sets of all my tournament and special release foils in this binder).
    Enhanced (note: This binder includes all the enhanced cards, special release cards, anthologies etc.)
    Tatooine
    Coruscant
    Reflections II

Large 3" 3 Ring Binder with
    Theed Palace (SWCCG)
    Reflections III (SWCCG)
    Young Jedi Duel of the Fates
    Young Jedi Reflections
    Young Jedi Boonta Eve

Young Jedi Binders
    Menace of Darth Maul
    Jedi Council
    Battle of Naboo

Jedi Knights
    Large 3" 3 Ring Binder with Jedi Knights Premier. Includes complete stereoscopic sets of regular, first day, silver, and gold foils. Also includes all tounament and promotional release cards
    Scum and Villany (just regular release)
    Masters of the Force (just regular release)

whooo... don't ask me to add up what I spent on all of this but it was fun.

Planned SWCCG Custom AOTC Expansions as per our 2ndQuest expansion project on this board. Already over 320 custom cards. These are planned for printing and placement in at least one binder as well. I currently have all those currently made, color laser printed and in a portfolio type binder. Can't tell you how Wars players get a kick out of them when I show them at gaming events (LOTR tournaments) and gaming nights we attend.

Edit: Now having a ball collecting Decipher's Lord of the Rings game. Actually my son is collecting the regular release expansions. I've been putting together foil sets of Gondor, Elves, Rohan and Ringwraith for all expansions released thus far. Great looking cards! :)

R'Bolt

8. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    I keep most of my CCG/TCG cards in boxes and keep them orgenized by Dark/Light then alphabetical something like Baca. I have my YJ cards in order buy number in a binder...

MODM
    JC
    BFN
    DF
    BE

I keep all my foils in top loaders. And I keep my active decks on my shelf.

9. TCG-Player

TCG-Player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    CCG:
    Dark / Light:
    Character Alien
    Character Alien Rebel/Imperial
    Character Rebel / Imperial
    Creature
    Device
    Effect
    Epic Event
    Interrupt
    Jedi Test
    Locations
    Objective
    Starship
    Vehicle
    Weopon

==========

TCG:
    AotC / SR / ANH
    Characters
    Ground
    Space
    Mission
    Battle

guess that's it
    :)

10. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I have four binders, one for each movie

Locations (by parsec)
    Jedi Masters (Light and Dark)
    Maul
    Republic/Imperial/Rebel (by rank when applicable, otherwise by job importance)
    Aliens (alpabetically except Lando, Jabba, Fett, and Xizor; uniques and non-uniques are seperate; Jawas, Ewoks, and Tuskens are kept together; the Bespin Guards are ranked)
    Droids (by classification except Threepio and Artoo)
    Vehicles (by type)
    Starships (by class; caps are first; independents are seperate)
    Weapons (by type starting with the most powerful)
    Devices (alphabetical)
    Podracers (alphabetical)
    Effects (movie order; combos are last)
    Interrupts (movie order; combos are last)
    Defensive Shields (movie order)
    Admiral's Orders (alphabetical)
    Objectives (movie order)
    Epic Events (movie order)

Foils and AIs go behind the appropriate non-foil/AI version.

My trade binder is similar except that the Effects and Interrupts are alphabatized. My LOTR looks similar and goes by culture: Gandalf, Elf, Gondor, Rohan, Dwarf, Shire, Nazgul, Sauron, Isengard, Raider, Dunland, Moria

11. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    First I go by side (Dark/Light/Neutral) then by type.

12. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I am in the process of organizing my "extras". For the sake of recording on CGO, I am separatinmg into black and white border. Quite a task as I let the standards dtrop foer a while and all but the cards in the binders are seriously out of order!

13. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I have several 3-ring binders that contain 2 to 3 expansions each, I sort them by:

-expansion set
    -side of the Force
    -alphabetical order

The binders are sorted as:

-Premiere & ANH
    -Hoth, Dagobah & Cloud City
    -Special Edition & Premium cards
    -Jabba's Palace, Endor & Death Star 2
    -Tatooine, Coruscant & Theed Palace
    -Reflections 1, 2, 3 & Misc. Foils

All the binders are black, their fronts decorated with images cut out from booster boxes and rules sheets.

The Premiere/ANH, H/D/CC & SE/Pre binders have, as their upper center, one of those "SW:CCG Introductory 2-player" advertisement flyers that popped up in various SW products and card game magazines back then. I simply blacked out the "intro 2 player" words with black marker and voila! Instant large SW:CCG logo for my binders ::)

I have a seperate binder or two for my YJK cards as well.

The rest of my loose cards are stored in white card boxes (about 6 to 8 of them) plus about a dozen booster boxes or so.

These items together were so heavy they literally bent the shelf they were stored on! ::D

15. GoronMoron

GoronMoron Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    I have mine organized in five binders (two for each side of the Force and one for locations). I sort them alphabetically for easch side of the Force as follows:

Characters
    Aliens
    Creatures
    Droids
    Weapons
    Devices
    Interrupts
    Effects
    Defensive Shields
    Objectives
    Admiral's Orders

Each pocket contains all doubles, triples, etc for individual cards, although that will have to change, since I have almost no singles, merely doubles, triples, quadruples, etc, making for a very thick page of cards.

In each pocket, black borders are on the top, with white borders layered below them. Foils are counted as separate cards and get their own pocket, since they are from a different series than the actual card.

I have them all catalogued on a laptop, with everything on the card written down (Name, Destiny, Lore, Rarity, etc) in a separate document that the master list hyperlinks to. Since there is a different document for each card, I let the computer count them; so far, I have over 2000 different cards. That means I have at least 4000 cards total. Cataloguing took me over a year to do, but I did stop at times--rather overwhelming. :)

16. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, well I have 2 800 card boxes (one darkside, one lightside), though I have more cards now, so I put the rest into 60 card deck boxes.

In the 800 card boxes, I have all my cards in alphabetical order, and seperated into:

Effects
    Character Effects
    Starting Effects
    Used Interupts
    Lost Interupts
    Used & Lost Interupts
    Starting Interupts
    Used(or Lost) & Starting Interupts
    Podracers
    Objectives
    Epic Events
    Sectors(planets and asteroids)
    Sites(Int., Ext., Cloud Sectors)
    Character Weapons
    Starship Weapons
    Vehicle Weapons
    Devices
    Capital Starships
    Starfighters
    Jedi(or Dark Jedi)w/lightsaber icon
    Droids
    Rebels(Imperials)
    Aliens

17. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I've got 3 3-inch binders organized alphabetically by set (BB of course). I've also got another 3-inch binder that's rare cards only, for trade, similarly organized.

Then for the commons and uncommons, I have 2 large boxes that each hold 10,000 cards that are full, plus several smaller ones for the extras.

For my decks, I have a box that holds 10 decks plus counters and dice.

That is all.

18. Darth_Indy

Darth_Indy Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    I personally put all my rare cards(mains, ships,non-mains but important,weapons,rare locations etc.) in hard plastic sleeves(top-loaders) and my ultra rares in thick plastic screwed down cases. I keep them in a white cardboard box all lined up. The others are all by themselves on their sides in cardboard boxes. I keep all the cards in a dark closet with my Star Wars comics etc. I keep the closet moist and cool.

19. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Wow, my system sucks compared to all yours. For my CCG cards, I organize them by nothing. They fill up the two DSII boxes that I bought and the Third Anthology. Really rare cards (DS, DSII, Epic Events, Objectives, Admirals Orders, and My favorite foils) as well as Combo Interrupts/Effects, Premium Cards, and Defensive Shields go into some special boxes.

My decks (Massassi Ops and Bring Him Before Me) go into my Sealed Tournament box until the next torment.

I suppose I should organize my cards into a binder but I never have time with school. Oh well.

-Capt_Piett

20. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    For Starwars CCG cards I first split them by light and dark (Episode 1 cards are kept seperately but sorted out using the same method for the OT Cards):
    Light:
    Capital Ships (sorted by armor and then ability of perm pilots).
    Starfighters (Rebel, then independent).
    Combat Vehicles, Shuttle Vehilces ,Transport Vehicles (sorted by maneuver then power).
    Characters: Non trooper Rebels (sorted by Pilots & Warriors, then Pilots and then warriors all sub-divided by their ability/armour then power). Independent characters then Aliens (with rebels if both rebel & alien).
    Then troopers and their officers (same planets grouped together i.e: all Endor/Hoth together with the basic trooper). I have a load of Jawas from Premiere that I just keep seperate as they get in the way of when I go through my cards.
    Then come Weapons: first Starship weapons then starfighter weapons, then vehicle (sorted out by how easy it is to score a hit with those weapons and how much damage they do) and lastly character, artillery and automated weapons (lightsabres first, then blaster rifles, then blasters).
    Then devices (starship, vehicle, then character devices).
    After devices I include any objectives, then Epic Events, then Admiral Orders.
    Then come Effects split into Starting Effects, Political Effects, Utinni Effects and normal Effects (all sorted alphabetically).
    Then interrupts (listed alphabetically and not divided in any way).
    Last grouping are locations:
    Listed alphabetically by Planet/System together with their sites. Sites are ordered by External, Docking Bays then internal (just as they would in a real game). Sectors are kept seperately at the back.
    Dark - the same rules appy as for light apart from keeping seperate Bounty Hunters which come after any Dark Jedi.
    I keep my cards in a 2nd anthlogy box and several other boxes and tins.

21. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I have a bunch of binders. Not really organized, but I like to put the mains in front. One binder is all Endor and DS2, so its sort of organized. Most of my mains are in a shoe box. The cards are in plastic protectors. I also have Anthology boxes and Sealed Deck boxes of commons and uncommons.

22. LordHoban

LordHoban Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    I organize mine by sets (seperating light and dark)...

23. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    I organize the other games that I collect by their printed set numbers. But because Decipher didn't place these on their SWCCG product I had to devise a different method for organizing my collection. Therefore I have organized my cards into 3-ring binders by set (BB sets followed by their WB counterparts) and then by card type. Then they are placed in alphabetical order. I forgot to mention that they are also divided by side of the force too, dark followed by light. So, My first binder looks like the following:

Darkside BB Premiere
    Lightside BB Premiere

...then divided by the card type and placed within that card type in alpahbetical order (delete type as appropriate for each side of the force)...

Admiral's Order
    Character: Alien
    Character: Dark Jedi Master
    Character: Darth Maul
    Character: Droid
    Character: Imperial
    Character: Jedi Master
    Character: Rebel
    Character: Republic
    Creature
    Defensive Shield
    Device
    Effect
    Effect: Immediate
    Effect: Mobile
    Effect: Political
    Effect: Starting
    Effect: Utinni
    Epic Event
    Interrupt: Lost
    Interrupt: Lost or Starting
    Interrupt: Used
    Interrupt: Used or Lost
    Interrupt: Used or Starting
    Jedi Test
    Objective
    Podracer
    Starship: Capital
    Starship: Squadron
    Starship: Starfighter
    Vehicle: Combat
    Vehicle: Creature
    Vehicle: Shuttle
    Vehicle: Transport
    Weapon: Artillery
    Weapon: Automated
    Weapon: Character
    Weapon: Death Star
    Weapon: Death Star II
    Weapon: Starship
    Weapon: Vehicle

So, my entire SWCCG collection is organized into binders as follows:
    1st Binder - BB Premiere & WB Premiere
    2nd Binder - BB ANH, WB ANH, & BB Hoth
    3rd Binder - WB Hoth, BB Dagobah, & WB Dagobah
    4th Binder - Cloud City & Jabba's Palace
    5th Binder - Special Edition
    6th Binder - Endor & Death Star II
    7th Binder - Reflections Two & Three Premiums
    8th Binder - The Ep I Sets
    9th Binder - Premiums (Premiere 2-Player Introductory Game Premiums, the 11 Jedi Pack cards, Rebel Leader cards, The Empire Strikes Back 2-Player Game Premiums, 1st Anthology cards, 2nd Anthology cards, 3rd Anthology cards, the 18 OTSD Premiums, the SE fixed cards (they're in my SE set as well), Enhanced Premiere cards, Enhanced Cloud City cards, Enhanced Jabba's Palace cards, Death Star II Starter Rares, and the JPSD cards.
    10th Binder - Foils (R1, R2, R3, & Tournament Foils)

I put my extra rares and premiums in a couple JPSD boxes and my extra commons and uncommons in a bunch of white, cardboard 600 count boxes. That's how I organize my SWCCG anyways.

24. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Alphabeticaly by expansion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.