main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Collections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Jun 17, 2005.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm thinking about collecting some of those Transformer figures. At first I really didn't care for them but I don't know, now I think it would be fun to have a few of those around. Although in this case I would want to get doubles; one to open, one to keep closed.

First though I still need to get that book "The Swarm War" which I haven't gotten around to getting and I have the first two all ready.

2. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    In my opinion, the transformers are not worth it. They do look pretty cool in ship form, but when you put them in robot form they look dumb. Plus they are really hard to transform. I thought they were going to be cool at first too, but when I got the Grievous I found out other wise. The only other one I bought was the Boba Fett for obvious reasons. If you want I don't mind bring them to the meeting so you can check them out. Really if anyone wants to see anything let me know. If I have it I can bring it to be checked out.

3. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    They do look really cool in ship form. I haven't opened mine up yet. I just can't bring myself to do that. I even bought 2 of most of them, so I could open 1. Maybe someday. I can't wait to see the next wave of them. I think they are already out. Of course, we haven't gotten them here in Alamo yet, bummer.

4. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay this is just low: Yesterday I was at Walmart just looking at the Star Wars stuff and then I saw one action figure and just randomly picked it up, I turned it over and the holo-figure was completely ripped out of it. I can't believe people sometimes.

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Some people just have no respect anymore.

6. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I know what you mean. I seen a Yoda package at Walmart that was completely empty.

I don't know if anyone has seen the new R2-D2 patatoe head yet or not, but he is pretty cool. Mine arrived in the mail today. I'm glad I decided to pre-order. I didn't want to wait and try find one in the stores around here. It took me forever to get the Spud Trooper, when he came out.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Cool. That's one that I still need to get. Being that R2 is my all time favorite character I dont' think I can pass him up.

8. jedi_yoda_2002

jedi_yoda_2002 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2006
    You went and took all the fun out of the search though. [face_batting] Hopefully we will be able to find one around here.

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    So have any of you gotten the new Insider issue yet (88). I just got mine today!!! I got the Vader cover. I skimmed through it and it has some great articles which I look forward to reading.

10. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I received the Vader as well. I think I read somewhere that all membership copies will be Vader and that all stores will carry the rest. It would be cool to get all four covers for this issue. There is no way I could pick a favorite because they are all so awesome.

11. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    They are awesome covers however I find the Vader one less spooky. To have the others would just creep me out.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay well here is what I can add to my collection:

Star Wars die-cast: Millenium Falacon

Holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi figure /c Obi-wan holo

13. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Those are cool. I have them as well.

14. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well it's about time: Finally got my '06 Fan Club packet in the mail today. Since they started shipping them back in Feb. I had nearly given up all hope.

Very cool stuff in it: The membership card is awesome and I really loved the posters and especially the Anakin Skywalker pic!!! The Jedi sticker is tight as well!

15. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I really dislike how long those packs take to get. It is interesting that every pack seems to be a little different. I don't think I recieved an Anakin pic in mine. The first time I signed up years ago I got a really cool Lucas poster that included pics from Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

16. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I got some of the coolest action figures. My dad had gone to Italy on a tour the past couple of weeks and he managed to find some Italian action figures. They are so neat! Two of them are episode 1 figs (Rune Haako & Amidala) and the third was a '96 Imperial Empire Chewbacca.

17. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Those sound cool. There are some really good finds overseas.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Yeah although it wasn't until my dad's last day when he found them, thanks to one of his students who happened to be looking out for them.

My dad also got to see one of the places out there where one of the scenes from Episode III was filmed although I'm having trouble on which one it was.

19. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I am so looking forward to overseas stuff. But there is also a lot of good things coming out in the states next year. Looks like I will be doing a ton of ebay shopping the next three years.

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Got SWI: 89 in the mail today. It has some good articles and Han Solo is on the front cover so it's all good. I've skimmed through it and there is a segment on ILM. GL was a sheer genious to create technology that hadn't been around yet. The article talks on some of the big films that ILM has worked on MI:III, Poseidon, and Pirates.

21. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Well my hyperspace subscribtion has official ended. I was going to extend but they don't send Insider overseas. I will probably subscribe to the international fan club when I get to Japan. As for collecting, my only new purchase was the Windu Starfighter. It is pretty cool. I think other than the Vader Starfighter (whenever it hits shelves), I am done with collecting for awhile. The wallet just cann't take anymore.

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I've started collecting the new Attacktix series 4 Star Wars figures. There are some really cool ones in this series too. I bought a few booster packs of the Transformers too. I don't think I am going to collect the whole Transformer set.

23. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The Transformer set is really small. I dislike that they went to the two figure packs. I know they are cheaper but still.

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I know what you mean. The Star Wars figures are pretty cool though.

25. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well I can add these PC games that my friend gave to me:

- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    - Star Wars Episode I: Racer
    - Star Wars: Dark Forces