main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Collections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Jun 17, 2005.

1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Well by chance I happened to find a box of widescreen Topps cards at the Walmart food store and a seperate widescreen pack just laying there. The box and pack were the only ones there so I couldn't pass them up. I have yet to open them but the box contains 6 packs of the widescreen movie cards. Can't wait to see which ones I got.

]-}

2. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I've seen those, but decided to go with the regular sized cards. I bet the wide ones are nice though.

3. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I don't think my wallet could afford trying to get another complete set of cards so I am skipping on the wide screen as well. Let us know what you think though.

4. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well I did get lots of Anakin ones for starters[face_love] and other than that the rest of them are all great. Don't think I will be getting the complete set as I have the complete set for the regular size but I am happy with the ones that I got. It was good to see some Padme ones in there since the regular size lacked Padme. Some of the scenes that I ended up with was Anakin on the table being transformed into Darth Vader, Padme giving birth to the twins, Grievious lighting up on fire, and The Lars looking up at the twin suns.

5. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I am still looking for a few from the regular set. I need no. 56 and some of the extra ones. If anyone has some extra ones, let me know. Thanks to Josh for letting me look through yours. I have some extras of mine too. Let me know if you need some. I will bring them to the next meeting and you can check them out. If anyone else wants to bring theirs, maybe we could look at them.

6. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I have a few extras as I have a complete set. Just let me know which one's you need and I can check in my Card file.

Eventually I plan on getting a bigger binder to store my cards since it's completely full plus I still need to get the long protectors for my widescreen cards.

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    They make long card protectors. I didn't know about those. I was trying to figure out how somebody would go about storing the wide screen cards. As for the regular size ones, no problem with letting you go through the Everett. It is good to hear that you found ones you needed. I will go through my set and let you both know which ones I still need. It would be great to maybe complete the set. I have all of 1-90, but am missing some of the extra cards.

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Has anyone seen the figure sets that came out with the ROTS DVD? They are pretty nice. I picked some up today. Let me know what you think.

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Got my copy over at FYE and I got a free comic book. It's really neat b/c it has cover art from some comic books.

Over the weekend I bought a new SW shirt (which I wore just for today!) and also bought a Darth Tater for $8.99. Pretty good since I'd seen them for around $15-20.

10. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That's cool. I bought the DVD at Walmart and it came with a bonus DVD, the story of Star Wars. I can't wait to watch the deleted sceens and all the extras.

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Nicole won a costume contest at the Hastings release and got the coolest Vader. It is some import figure because it is covered in Japanesse writing. We will bring it to the next meeting.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Just posting this in for Mario (Red_8) since I know his schedule has been pretty busy and he hasn't been able to get on.

He got the DVD yesterday [as well] at Target and got a free collectable coin.

13. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    That's cool. Glad she won it. Wish one of us could have won one of the other give-aways too.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    They probably didn't even give anything else out because I doubt anyone else bothered with entering for the displays other than the three of us. I bet the employees just took them or they are waiting to draw for them so they can stay on display for a little while.

15. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I stopped by there and they said they had already drawn the names. I would have really liked to have won that huge banner.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    You know whoever won it probably will just turn around and sell it. After all there were very few people there who seemed like collectors. Keep an eye out for it.

17. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    You never know what will happen to them. I'll keep my eye out for them.
    Walmart put some more figure sets out yesterday, the clone trooper 3 sets, Anakin to Darth Vader set, Darth on the operating table set, and a few others. Most have been out before. I thought I would pass this onto everyone who might be looking for them.

18. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    For those interested; the new Star Wars Burger King kids meal toys come out tomorrow. Here is a link to see what they are.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20050908.html

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I picked up the first round of the BK kids meal toys and watches today. They are pretty cool.

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I picked up the two watches, but I think I am going to pass on the toys. If I happen to be at BK when they have the Fisto toy I might get that one but that's it.

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Never really liked BK but I guess now I have an excuse]-}

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Has anyone gotten any of the new figures yet? I'm still looking for #65-Special Ops Trooper and all the hologram figures. I'm also still looking for Tarkin too. If you have seen them somewhere, please let me know where.
    I found a Darth Maul unleashed today, still in the package. He is in pretty good shape too.

23. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Could those of you that live in Las Cruces keep an eye out at Target for the Darth Vader cookie jar? I have been there two weekends in a row and haven't seen any yet. If you see 2 pick them up if you can. Josh is looking for one too. Also, Target has the exclusive Utapou trooper too. If you see any of those, please pick one or two up for me and Josh. I/we can pay you back at the next meeting. Thanks.

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I forgot to mention in my last post that I have some spare wide vision movie cards, if anyone is collecting them and needs some to complete their set. I am still looking for a few to complete mine too.

25. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Sure. I'd be interested. Which spare one's do you have? And which spares do you need?