main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Collections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Thanks Claw. I want to say I think it is great to see posts from our friends in Mos Alba. Hope to see many more.
    I picked up the Twins figures tonight. I also got the new Clone Wars Vol.2 figure sets. They are all really good. I found Tarkin and R4-P17 figures too. I hope to find the others I am looking for soon. Does anyone know if the Classic DVD set that just came out is the original movies without the added digital footage? It sounds like it, but not really sure.

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    That's cool that you got the Twin figures. I plan to put them on my Christmas list that's for sure.

As for that new DVD, I just keep thinking that since it's a 3-disk that each film is on each disk but I'm not really sure.

3. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I remember Lucas saying when he rereleased the Special Editions that he would never put back out the original formats. So I doubt they are the old ones but you never know. I just think they released this pack for the people who didn't want to pay the extra $5-$10 for the fourth disc. Also they know that many collectors will buy the new box just to have it. Let me know if they are the originals though because I will have to pick it up if so.

4. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I'll let you know if it is. The box is pretty cool though.

5. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I just checked the main Star Wars website and they had a discription on the 3 pack box set. Here it is:

"In time for the gift-giving holiday season is a three-disc repackaging of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. This set is for those who are interested in adding the movies to their DVD library, but are not looking for value added material like documentaries, trailers, galleries and more. This release is identical to last year's set, except that it lacks the fourth bonus disc. It makes a good gift for families or for new Star Wars fans eager to own the classic saga that "follows" the events of the just-released Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD.

As these discs are the same ones from the 2004 release, this set presents A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi digitally remastered and restored to unprecedented picture and sound quality. Each film is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. Optional audio commentaries include insights from writer/director George Lucas, director Irvin Kershner, sound designer Ben Burtt, visual effects supervisor Dennis Muren and actress Carrie Fisher. This set is available in both widescreen and full screen versions. (Don't know the difference? Click here to find out more).

If you've already own the 2004 four-disc DVD set, you've got this set and more; there's no need for you to pick up this one. But if you've been holding out for something that may better suit your budget, or know someone who hasn't yet added these movies to their DVD library, this might be the alternative for you."

(the article was posted on 12/2)

6. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Good look out on that. I guess that answers all of our questions. Now I know I will not be picking that set up.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Not a problem. I won't be getting it either.

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I think I will take my set back. I do like the box though.

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The box is nice, but I don't think it is $35 nice.

10. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I agree and that is why it went back.

11. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    The new Galactic Heros figure sets are out now. The trooper figures and holo Emperor look pretty cool. I found them at Walmart.
    Walmart just put out the Darth Vader talking bank. It is the same one that Kmart had out months ago. I'm still thinking about getting one to go with my R2D2 and C3PO, from a few years ago. I will wait and see.
    I heard yesterday that series 3 Attacktix figures will be out next month. They look pretty cool. There will be some different ones too. I'm looking forward to getting some.

12. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Were you able to find the series 3 checklist? I was reading about it on Hasbro and read a line saying download the checklist now but there was no link anywhere that I saw.

13. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I couldn't find it either. Still looking though.

14. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    It was fun to play some Attacktixs yesterday Everett. I finally got to play against somebody other than Nicole. After we left we went over to Kmart, but didn't get anything. I was hoping that they maybe put out some new Attacktix after you cleaned them out, but no such luck. Ronnie or Mario, did you two get over to WalMart for those seperation of the twins figures?

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Josh, nfortunately we didn't. Hopefully by some miracle they will have them here in EP but the odds of that are "20,000 to 1" but who knows. I got lucky by finding the Battle Damage Action figure after several months.

And Evrett thanks again for the cards. They are much cooler than I thought. Especially cause it has the scene with R2 setting those droids on fire. One of my favorite scenes from the film. Although granted Mario threated to throw the Padme's Funeral card out the window but he was just joking around.

On a side note while we were away from EP yesterday my dad spent the day setting up this 5 layer glass shelf set in my room. It is so cool. Makes my room look much bigger and I was able to fill it up with most of my Star Wars stuff (okay maybe not most as I still have five plastic crates filled /c stuff but still). I think it looks pretty cool.

16. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I had a good time playing Attacktix with you Josh. We will have to do that more often. I got a Darth Maul and a dual lightsaber Grievous today. They are way cool. Let me know when you are ready to play again. I'll be ready for you this time.

You are welcome Ronnie. If you end up not getting the separation of the twins figs., let me know. I think I have a spare set.

17. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The Grievous sounds awesome. We will definitely have to set up a time to play again. Maybe a will use some of my hero characters instead of driods next time.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay, thanks Everett. I think I'm just going to wait until Christmas rolls around first. And then see what transpires from there.

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Josh,
    Let me know when you would like to play Attacktix.

Ronnie,
    No problem.

I also have a spare Tarkin figure, if anyone is looking for one.

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    So I just read on the TFN main page that Hasbro is bring back the fans choice figure. What character would everyone like to see? I am not sure who I would really choose.

21. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Which type or size figure are they thinking about?

22. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The figure must fit on a 6 by 9 inch blister card. That is about the only rule other than the character must be in Star Wars. It doesn't matter if they are in the movies, books, comics, games, ect.

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I got some awesome SW stuff for my collection today! In my health class we were doing a Secret Santa and the person who got me was/is one of my friends so she got me these:

- Galactic Heroes: Anakin Skywalker & Count Dooku
    - Galactic Heroes: Luke Skywalker & R2-D2

It's so cool because I don't have any Galactic Heroes in my SW collection. And she just happened to get me the one with my cutie and my favorite character/droid in the whole saga.

Here's a little story that she told me when she went about purchasing them that I thought would be fun to share: When she was looking she thought outloud to herself on what she should get me and then she saw this guy who was getting a bunch of lightsabers for some kids and then he suggested that she get me a lightsaber and her response was something like, "Oh you don't know my friend she's a huge Star Wars fanatic" and then the guy suggested she go to Toy's R US. Thought that was pretty funny!

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Those are pretty cool Ronnie.

Has anyone seen the new Star Wars Choppers? They are really cool. I seen some at the Alamo Walmart. I didn't think they were due to hit stores until next month.

25. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I saw the Luke chopper out in Clovis this weekend. It was better looking than I expected. Still I think I am only going to get the Boba Fett one. Our WalMart didn't happen to have that one did they?