1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

collector r2-d2

Discussion in 'Columbus, GA' started by imyourfather, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imyourfather Jedi Padawan

Hey guys i need your help. In 1998 (maybe 1999) when episode one came out my dad took me to target and i saw this prebuilt Lego R2-D2 in a glass case with a sign saying guess the number of legos and you win. well i put in my guess and i got a call 2 months later saying come pick up your r2d2! i think it was like 752 blocks i dont remember exactly but ive had it collecting dust on my shelf for years now and i have gotten some offers but i have no idea what its worth. Any ideas? i contacted lego and you can only get this one by winning the contest it was never offered for sale.
  2. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi,

I cannot give you an exact answer to your question, but I can make some suggestions.

First, check e-bay. Since these were just giveaways, they are probably rare, so you may have to check over a length of time for one to show up.

Second, there are collecting guides you can reference that give values of lots of Star Wars items. Someone in our club has one of these that is a hardbound book with pictures of hundreds, maybe thousands, of Star Wars toys and values for them. While I do not know for certain if it covers Legos, I would be surprised if it did not.

The rule of thumb with any collectible is that it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Given that, someplace like e-bay is going to give you a better idea of the market value of item than a collecting guide.

I hope this helps a little. I may check with some other people with our club and with a friend of mine who collects Legos (not SW-specific) and post back if I can get more specific information for you.
  3. imyourfather Jedi Padawan

Awesome i really appreciate it. By the way when does your club meet etc...? i love star wars movies and especially the video games. i would like to get some info about The Outer Rim.
  4. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the interest in the club! We are always open to new members.

As far as when and where we meet... that tends to be a bit fluid. The best way to get information is to contact Cathy, who is user MotF on here, to get on our e-mail list. There is also some information on our web site(s), but it is a little out of date at the moment.

Old web site: Outer Rim Club(Old)

New web site: The Outer Rim Club (New)

You can also look for additional info and ask questions on this forum, but be aware that we sometimes do not post updates here very often - the e-mail list is much more timely.
  5. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is what my Lego-collector friend had to say about the R2-D2:

"The Lego R2-D2 is worth serious money, probably several hundred dollars, on eBay. Regular large Lego sets go for $200-300 sealed. The Imperial Star Destroyer, Lego's largest set ever, retails for $250. A custom R2-D2, especially if it is of any significant size, is going to easily be worth a minimum of $500, probably closer to $1000, because it's a custom and also because it has lots of bricks. Individual Legos are not cheap and they are hard to get in bulk, cheap or otherwise. The more Legos involved, the greater the value."
  6. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Post a question to Steve Sansweet over on starwars.com...he'll be happy to tell you the value, how many legos, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.