main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormaina

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ellbobin, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Especially when it plays old movies ;)

I know which one you mean I got off at the bus stop there and it was kinda hard to miss ;)

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The cineworld is one of the best cinemas I?ve ever been too, we go there every evening when we vist MK. I had noticed the Easy cinema thingy. Are the rumours true that you have to book months in advance and they sell absolutely no Popcorn or sweets??? Crazy stuff :p

I had another one of thos MK moments. I tried to be clever and find a "quicker" way out onto the M1, but ended up in a dead end carpark. I wont be going that way again ;)

So you approached Puss in Boots....I think everyone was scared of her, lol. She was with Evil Willow though, so maybe that?s why. Dom wanted to go as Princess Fiona, but he couldn?t find a big enough dress?? ;)

CIII will be expensive, but I already have my badge-pass and the plane tickets are reserved, so no going back for me!! But personally I can?t wait because I think it will be great fun, and when do I ever get to go on holiday??? :p
    But I can perfectly understand why you are having second thoughts, and if Star Wars isn?t your main passion then it makes sense to not make it a priority.

I take it you are already planing for C7 then?? ;)

3. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    aww poor Dom [face_laugh]
    Well I did a meet with the costume people so kinda had to talk to them ;)

Yup I am, they got Michael Shanks going already so I am happy with that and it's a damn sight cheaper!

Well not that I don't want to just it's ALOT of money, it clashes with uni in the semester that I have an exam. And with the stories that have been said about C2 I don't see it being worth wild as it's just too packed :(

4. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    "Are the rumours true that you have to book months in advance and they sell absolutely no Popcorn or sweets??? Crazy stuff "

You don't have to book months in advance, but it's much cheaper if you do. It's true, they don't sell any food there. It's pretty much unstaffed to reduce costs. One of its worst problems is that it can hardly get hold of any of the big releases, and Stelios made a complete idiot of himself standing up in the middle of a film at Cineworld, announcing that "the end of rip-off cinema is nigh" and starting to hand out leaflets much to the annoyance of everyone there.

5. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd like to stay at Collectormania for more then one day eventually, but I don't think that'll happen for C7 but I'll see how things go. How pricy are hotel rooms over there??

I think C3 will definitely be an experience, one way or the other ;)
    And don't forget us Brits love queing, lol.
    Thankfully we are going for a week so we get to go beyond the convention centre, which should be nice :D

I don't see the easycinema lasting too long personally. I think Stelios has got this one wrong because going to the cinema is more then just watching a film these days. I don't think he'll convert me, the seats at Cineworld are too darn comfortable :p

6. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    <i>"the seats at Cineworld are too darn comfortable"</i>

The ones in the Deluxe screens are even better (more leg room) and there are some with no armrests in the middle for ease of cuddling. :D

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    And don't forget us Brits love queing, lol.
    Speak for yourself :p

Depends on where you stay, Holiday inn you are probably looking at £70 for a room Holiday Inn express is about £50 per room. It's further away but that isn't a problem for you as you have a car :p

I am staying at the Travel Inn which is near the Xcape centre I think (correct me if I am wrong princess) someone else is booking it. I think it's about £56 a night roughly for a family room which is supposed to be 2 adults and 2 kids but we plan on 4 adults being in the room. Did that last weekend. Real fun that is :D
    Well except if you are the person who gets the mattress on the floor I guess :p

8. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    am staying at the Travel Inn which is near the Xcape centre I think (correct me if I am wrong princess) someone else is booking it. I think it's about £56 a night roughly for a family room which is supposed to be 2 adults and 2 kids

It's pretty close. :)

I feel like I should be more helpful, but I'm afraid I don't know what any of the hotels around MK are actually like. Never had cause to use one for obvious reasons.

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol don't worry not like I actually spend much time in the hotel.

Example
    Thursday afternoon arrived, spent the afternoon at the shopping centre, evening went to Nandos, got back to the hotel about 11:30pm slept. Up at 6am and out by 7:30am out all day got back about 11pm. Saturday again up at 6am and out by 7:30am got back at about 1am and went to sleep about 3am and up at 6am again. lol

See not much time actually spent there ;)

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think I've been in one of the Deluxe screens. When I went to my first Collectormania (Collectormania 2 :eek: I'm a veteran) I went to the special Blade Runner screening and the screen was very posh and roomy. I loved it :D

So you've already booked hotel rooms!! Crumbs, you're very keen, no time like the present though ;)
    I have, in the past, thought about sleeping in the car but I think for £50 a night I'd rather go for that option...it's a bit more stylish and comfortable.

I seem to spend most of my time in Post Offices these days, and the ques are always horrendous, so C3 might well be a doddle for me ;)

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    yeah I had trouble booking closer to the time for C6 because alot of people stay in the three hotels closest to it ;)
    Plus anyway doesn't matter as you don't get charged til you are there ;)

lol yeah the car is rather on the uncomfortable side to sleep in :p
    Get dom to stay over and split the price of the room into to.
    That's what we do but we cram 4 people into a room not 2....makes it all very interesting :p

12. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    "I think I've been in one of the Deluxe screens. When I went to my first Collectormania (Collectormania 2 I'm a veteran) I went to the special Blade Runner screening and the screen was very posh and roomy. I loved it"

I think C2 was the first one I went to as well. I was just in town doing some shopping, I got to Middleton Hall and it was just there. :p Didn't buy much at that one because I wasn't prepared, but it's fun just to wander around and oogle stuff.

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep, the car would be the last resort!!! ;)
    And dom would have no choice but to tag along with me :p
    If there is a Doctor Who guest for C7 then it wont be too diffiuclt to pursuade him.

I imagine a few people in the early days got caught out with Collectormaina, but I think they all know about it now. And I usually spend most of my time oggling.
    This was the first time we'd been on a Saturday and so we finally got to go into The Entertainer shop, and it was great!! :D
    I could have spent loads in there....very dangerous shop that :p

14. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Indeed, I'll need no convincing. I'm already there...

Hotels are alweys better than cars anyway - it's much more classy!

15. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol depends if you are in the same hotel as the rest of the collectormania lot...although there is actually no way of avoiding them :p

I swear my hotel at least half of it was people going to collectormania, made it fun no one complained about the noise that way [face_devil]

16. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    "This was the first time we'd been on a Saturday and so we finally got to go into The Entertainer shop, and it was great!!
    I could have spent loads in there....very dangerous shop that "

Yep! Unfortunately it's pretty much the only toy shop in the whole town though unless you count Woollies/John Lewis. :(

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've just remembered, Jake Lloyd will be at C7, which means Dom is already on his way because he's desperate to get his 'Anakin in Jedi Robes' figure signed (private joke :p)

I swear my hotel at least half of it was people going to collectormania

I could make a joke, but I might upset someone so I wont ;)
    But I think MK is always very busy with nutters like us when it comes to Collectormania....I'm sure the locals are thankful it only happens twice a year :p
    Especially the security people.

Yes P_Liar, it is a shame but it is a great toy shop to have so it's not all bad news. They're much better then Toys 'r' us and much chepaer then Forbidden Planet :D And this time they had the EPIII toy packaging, complete with 'Birth of the Empire' on the bottom......I wonder if Hasbro know something we don't?? ;)

18. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    And this time they had the EPIII toy packaging, complete with 'Birth of the Empire' on the bottom

:eek:

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Be prepared Jake Lloyd was £20 last time for an autograph [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.