main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania 10!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    I hope to be there :) Not sure whether what day I am going yet, depends on the guests and what else is on that weekend.

Tim, you have my sympathy if you are travelling by train to MK, its a nightmare at the weekends at the moment. I think its 2007/8 before we get a normal train service at weekends again.

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    :) Yeah, will not be good. I live in Southport, that is often the worst bit, getting from there on Sundays. If I go Southport-Liverpool-Milton Keynes, I may be able to work it out. I really can only make one day for this, there are other FF-UK events around then I have to show my face at.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Tis a tricky event this one

Got The London & South Nat meets the weekend before, which will no doubt cost money, and then this, which will cost more

I'm sure I can do it though

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'll be there on Saturday, but I can't make Sunday.

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    can we crash over at yours,major phennir?

6. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    I am sure I can manage to put a few ppl up if they've got a long way to travel :)

7. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    I have no idea what I'm doing as yet, so we'll have to wait and see. My dad might not even be in England then so I might be fine for Saturday. Or it might be they have their do on the Sunday anyway. :rolleyes:

8. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Jamie going to a Collectormania show?!?!? :eek:
    You've been threatning this for years :p

I might only be able to make Sunday too, although I must admit the floor space offer is mighty tempting Mark. Last time I travelled up on the Saturday and again on the Monday, the M1 has major roadworks and it's a real pain because it has average speed cameras which are deadly.

Richie, the London/South meet takes place at the beginning of the month, Collectormania 10 at the end. That might make things a bit easier for you.

9. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Yeah, you're right Matt, Jamie has never done a Collectormania show has he? Everytime he seems to find some feeble excuse to be somewhere else or doing something else! I have to say that I enjoy the shows more now that I am one of the visitors rather than helping out :) although probably the venue at the shopping centre is getting too small.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    It usually clashes with the holiday, or so I seem to recall ;)
    I've been selling my artwork for the past 3 Collectormanias so I spend all day there now Mark, but I also prefer the good old days of going as a visitor....have to keep my profile up though so guess work comes before pleasure.

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i can't help it if my wife is a jet-setting jet-setter...
    i do hope to make this one,though...
    /harbors thoughts of kidnapping helen slater and... involving home-made supergirl outfit.
    a la jame gumb,silence of the lambs...

12. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Oh dear... :p

Btw who is Helen Slater - I feel like I should know by the way everyone is talking about her [face_blush]

Matt, how is the artwork going? I really liked your pieces you had on display at the London Film & Comic Con.

13. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Supergirl :p

14. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    Okay, thanks, I should have known that really [face_blush]

15. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Helen Slater? Bah! Theres only one Supergirl and she posts on these boards!:D

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/Picture58.jpg]

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    she's got the look of someone who's abducted dean cain,cut up his body and is in the process of stuffing the remains down the toilet,whilst all the while wearing his superman costume.
    has she been caught yet?
    ask yourself...
    what happened to dean cain?

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    He was on TV the other day, currently residing in TV Movie hell :p
    Anyone guilty of watching Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on itv2 (or is it itv3)?? I've been fighting temptation but when I see the trailers for it, I'm sure it looked a lot better then that when I first watched it all those many years ago, lol. Can't believe how big the 'S' is either, that's why they needed to down size it jamie :p

I've just seen that Beatie Edney from Highlander (first and forth film) will be attending. Great news!! :D
    [highlander_fanboy]Wouldn't Christophé Lambert & Clancy Brown be great too[/highlander_fanboy]

Artwork is going well Mark, I hope to have some new pieces ready in time for this show. I've only been selling and exhibiting work at UK shows for the past 12 months, and it's gone much better then I anticipated.

Oh, and the current issue of SFX apparantly has a review/small article of the online comic I'm working for, Night Warrior
    Haven't seen it yet, but one for the scrapbook perhaps :D

18. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ooh,i picked sfx up the other day and put it back when i saw the cover price had gone up again.
    i might buy it now.
    matt,they've just done a new highlander comic,the first issue being set right after the first film,by the looks of it.
    the second issue has a delightful cover by the art-god dave dorman.
    who is the guest you mentioned?
    who did he/she(?) play?
    i met christopher lambert in planet hollywood after highlander two came out...they were donating some props to the place-swords,as i recall...i went over to the table where his entourage were sitting and said hello,only to be jostled out of the way by the burly security types...being a little bit fitter in those days,i held my ground,much to the hired muscles surprise...there was a 'minor incident where voices were raised,some things were said,that were later regretted-not by me-and the upshot was a free meal and a handshake from connor maclaod!
    i do believe he said to me,'don't lose you head'...
    or was it 'get lost!'...?

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, you've led quite a showbiz life Jamie. Giving Terry G a fiver at Leicester Square, causing a fight at Planet Hollywood with a Macleod, what other skeletons in the closet do you have?? Sounds like Christophé Lambert was an alright guy though, unless he did say get lost?

I saw issue one of that comic last week, hated the cover and wasn't too impressed with the artwork, but as darth-dom said, at least it exists which is a good thing. I'll check out the second issue though. And the one appearing at C10 played Heather.
    There's also a new trilogy of films on the way, entitled The Source and a really good looking anime series, but seeming as you hate cartoons.... :p

I will also check out SFX, although a few years back I refussed to buy it anymore because they were totally bias towards Trek and Who and seemed to have it in for Star Wars. But for all I know my artwork may be featured in this issue....the swines! ;)

20. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    The thing that got me about SFX was how they would always obscure the 'F' so it often looked like an 'E.' That caused great embarrassment when a female friend I was with when I bought an issue thought the title of the magazine was the latter [face_blush]

Seriously though I stopped buying SFX for the same reason that I've cancelled my sub to Empire, I simply didn't read it. I would glance through, find a few articles that I liked and read about a third of the whole mag at most. A terrible waste of £3-4 every month.

21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    oh,whereas buying two...two copies of the star wars fact file...
    anyway...
    i agree with you in principle,however.
    ;)
    matt,i have indeed led a very showbiz life...
    i once met a very bemused rod hull,without emu sadly,in portugal many years ago...
    not long after,of course,he fell off his roof trying to fix his tv aerial and died.
    shame.
    i always wanted to be one of those pink windmill kids.

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    no,wait... i always wanted to kill those pink windmill kids.

there's somebody at the door,alright!

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Worse still he was trying to fix his aerial to watch a Man United game!

I've had a look at SFX and it was a far from positive review. They didn't really talk about the artwork, just sited it as being very cliché. Wow, I'm gald they wrote that because I nearly forgot I've been working on a comicbook. That coming from a Sci-Fi/Fantasy magazine is slightly rich, so needless to say my hiatus on purchasing it will continue (forever!) :p

24. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i have to agree with you...
    the last decent thing sfx ever printed was a listing and cover for one of,if not the final,issues of deltasource in their fanzine listings section.

ahhh,deltasource...
    /wipes away tear...

25. major_phennir

Aug 1, 2006
    I think they mentioned Delta Source a couple of times, I seem to recall. Anyway aren't we veering wildly off topic here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.