main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania 8

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by lukesgirlie, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  2. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Ok...either these people have no money or wierd taste... :p

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm going, although tempted to reconsider at the moment due to the poor line up. Hopefully it improves. Although could just go and do nothing all weekend except go to the pub :p

4. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    OMG! We could go shopping! [face_hypnotized]

Or just sit in costa all day and watch the chavs...

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Oh shopping :D

lol making fun of chavs is fun, they normally are out in numbers for collectormania [face_laugh]

6. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm going to MK tomorrow with some of my friends to do exactly that! [face_dancing]

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    LOL

Have fun.

8. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Oh don't worry, I will [face_devil]

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sounds like a right old laugh

10. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Is it just me or can anyone else not tell whether or not he's being sarcy...

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I take everything he says as sarcasm [face_worried]

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  14. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    :rolleyes:

Anyway...the chavs were no existent this morning! It was all old ladies and Mums and Bibies...no fair! :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, at least the old ladies, mums & babies could go out then
    If there were chavs about they'd have to stay inside

16. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Ta-wit Ta-rue (the owl impression seems a good idea right now, but I excpect I'll regret it in the morning...)

17. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    In an attempt to resurect this thread after me, I have to say, wonderful joke :p

We have just under two months to go and, being ignorant of such things, wondered when we should start organising seriously?

18. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I would like to FINALLY meet some of you guys, but i never know what day im going until about a week before the event!!

We should all wear something specific, so that anyone casually going can recognize other members straight away

19. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Thats a good idea. Sould it be universal? Like where a pink hat or whatever? Or we could wear some kind of badge...but if your just casually going to come whenever they would be hard to distribute.

I also don't know which day I'm going...partly because of anoying friends who dont have every second of their lives planned two months before! :p

20. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    If I go, I am most likely going to be in costume so I will stand out pretty easy :p

21. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm going to try to get my costume finished for C8...whether I'll manage or not is another matter. I have to do three for the Jane Austen Festival in September and 2 for the Fayre in two weeks and goodness knows what else will come up.

22. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol

I know the feeling, I had three costumes for C8 but one was put back to C9 and the other (pirate costume) I have had to put on hold because of money at the moment. Hopefully will have the money for C9 as it will be my last convention in the UK for quite sometime ;)

23. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm currently trying to make a pair of 1800 mens breeches, and golly gosh are they complicated! And I'm trying to do a few painting reproductions. Most of my historical costumes are made from original patterns so there are losts of fiddley bit that have to be hand-sewn. Costuming for Star Wars is a doddle in comparison!

Unfortunatly I manage to dwindle awy my uni savings on all the fabric I buy...perhaps not the best idea... :p

But getting back on track, I've had a brainwave, if someone designed some sort of badge (maybe we could just use the FFUK logo) that we could all print out at home and pin to ourselve or something it would work?

24. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm pretty disappointed with the lineup of "celebrities" thus far, but I might go along anyway since I live in MK and don't have to go back to uni in Bristol until a few days later.

Just for the record, although there are many chavs here (particularly around the Lakes Estate), I'd just like to assure you all that I'm not one of them. The fact that I'm capable of stringing a coherent sentence together should be proof enough of that. ;) If you happen to find youself in the Lakes Estate just wind up your windows, keep driving and don't make eye contact.

25. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Ah yes, the chav population round MK and Bedford is increasing scarily. However, please do not be scared off by the fact. There are also a good few non-chavs and Bedford has a large Goth population.

Anyway...chavs have one use. They provide great amusment :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.