main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania Glasgow - 25th and 26th August 2007

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by timbolton, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    It's a long way away. But it is happening -

Showmasters is pleased to announce Collectormania Glasgow, to be take place for the first time on 25th and 26th August 2007 at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27652

I hope that we may well have the FF-UK: Scotland up and running so that you can go there as a united group, maybe even have a table like the FF-UK: London will have at the "London Film and Comic Con" this July and also the FF-UK: North had at Collectormania Manchester G-Mex last Feb.

Main thread here - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

2. Tone

Tone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    What would we have to do at this table?

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey Tone,
    Well it all depends if you have an active Fan Force by then. It's what the posters of Scotland want to do. But both the London and North chapters are having tables at conventions where we will advertise ourselves as a group, show there is still a fan presence in the UK, and just chat to people. We got lucky at Manchester in Feb, Ray Park (Darth Maul) came by the table and had a try with the lightsaber

[image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_08.jpg]

This was the North table at Manchester, done on a shoestring ( :p ) and limited time

[image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_05.jpg]

But the idea is to promote the Fan Force as a convention going group and as a social group. Worked for North since we are having meets, not so sure for chapters who don't.

And check this space after the next weekend, London are hosting a table at London Film and Comic Con (Carrie Fisher in attendance) and I have a feeling it'll be a great event, and a good table :)

4. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    Glasgow had better get it right this time. No, "near the deadline" promotion - resulting in sparse attendance. No extortianate fees either - I think there needs to be an autograph enclosure that gives the celebs, no matter what you think of them, some degree of dignity. Seeing Keith Carradine slumped in a plastic shair while Joxters and cybermen flitted past was mildly depressing... and Dean Stockwell looked as if he was going to strangle his agent when he got home.
    They are also pretty humourless occasions - its like Toyfare magazine/Robot Chicken never happened.

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Bumping ;)
    I may not be able to attend, but see other thread since I'll try and come up before, and I still hope to see a FF-UK Scotland / FF-UK North meet-up after CE.

6. OHHHH!!! I'm already there!!!

heehee!

Can't wait to go and hopefully meet some more folk too! :D

Damn you got yo meet Ray Park you son of a bi....yeah, awesome :D

lol

Jonny-Kenobi

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Ah....that would be me with Ray....:p

As I am now working in the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas a couple of times a month I might just schedule myself to be there for the Saturday of CM Glasgow.

Would be cool to meet up with any of you guys if you are around?

Im up in Edinburgh next Wed (9th May) actually if anyone is around or fancies meeting up for some food after work??? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.