main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania Gmex 3, Manchester 17-18 Nov '07 (Pre-planning thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Spike_T: You should either be able to cancel online or just give them a ring- I've done it before.

Nige: I'll book two twin rooms from the Sat 'til the Mon- one for me and one for you- let me know if you need to cancel.

Any ideas on transport yet?? I can possibly get the car, but my Dad uses it for work, so the Mon may be tricky (but possibly doable).

EDIT: have just tried to book the rooms and as I my card expires this month, it won't accept my booking- would anyone mind booking the rooms for me? If not, I'll have to wait 'til the end of the month.

2. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I don't mind booking the rooms...I need to book one for myself for the Saturday night - but what exactly am i booking? :)

Also - anyone want to share with me on Saturday night?

I'll be getting the train through on Friday night - staying with my sister that night then be at the venue early in the am of Saturday!

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    PTI Deansgate is the only one with a free car park and its about 5 mins away - best book that one guys if you can....

4. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    sounds like the online booking is quite temperamental - so I think I'll stick with what I've got.

the PTI GMEX says you get discounted parking at the NCP, otherwise I'll see how much the train is

5. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    It's £25.50 from York return to Manchester Piccadilly mate, and if i recall it's normally about £18 to Darlington from York, so train will be in the sorta £30-35 bracket i imagine from Middlesborough.

I'm booked in at the GMEX - i got a twin room - just in case anyone wants the extra spot - just PM to let me know!

6. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Ven: if you don't mind reserving me a twin room at PTI Deansgate Lock for the Sat and Sun night, that'd be great.

Spike_T: try phoning them- that'll probably be easier!...if you want to of course! lol

7. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Suz - just shooting off home - when i get back i'll try sort for you!

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Tim have you sorted out your room out yet? If not, do you want to room share?

Only problem is I'm going to need to stay over in Manchester Friday night after I've set our table up and then up early to be at the table again.

9. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Okay - does anyone else need any bookings?

i've got two booked so far - one for me (twin) and one for Suz (twin)

10. Kudos

Kudos Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2007
    Any word yet Ven?

11. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm fine Ven, I've booked a twin room for myself [face_peace]

12. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    I could have sworn Itexted you last night dude!

13. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Ive totaly lost the plot with this thread !
    Ill come to Manchester with Nige and no doubt leave the same day if thats his plan too.

14. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Don't worry Dave. All that has happened so far is that we're working with someone through Showmasters to get us a table, and we're sorting out rooms and bookings.

Other things have been brought up but those can be discussed and decided on later on [face_peace]

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Aye. Plenty of time to plan everything.

16. Kudos

Kudos Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2007
    Nope. I'll text you....

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I don't think I'll be going to this, I don't really want too.

I'll help set things up to a point but for private and personal reasons I wont be there on the day to help.

18. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Well Nige and me are traveling by train from Thornaby so Why not join us Spike Thmid
    Im only doing the day thing Unless I can find a floor to sleep on !

19. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    New guests announced. James Marsters among them. I'm soooooo goin now.

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah. I'm totally going for that now.

21. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    taken them long enough!

22. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Dave, this thread will be back on course very soon ;)

23. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I've arrainged to have fri to monday off work. Donno if I'll be going back the sun or mon yet though. Depends if I can afford the room an extra night.

24. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Ogli you do know that I might not be going to Gmex, so you'll have to find another room to crash in.

Sorry bud.

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Having been scanning through nearby hotels and some people asking me about rooms, we need to get some sort of organisation going asap.

Both PTIs are out now, unless people want a double bed lol. Ibis nearby has rooms, but Jase can back me up on this, I believe their rooms were doubles only anyways, bit daft as a hotel policy, but there you go.

What we need is -

Who is definitely attending as Fan Force (don't worry, not going to separate people if they come as Rebel Legion/99th)? Just need table figures, and I will be crewing for RL this time on one day, so working out who we have to help when I ain't there. What will likely happen is I'll do costume support for both RL and 99th one one of the two days (looks to be Sunday atm), so will wear the RL t-shirt on that day. The other day I'll be in full FF mode and tee.

1. timbolton (one day)

Secondly, the hotels. Last time we had PTI not impressed with us, so it'll have to be on each person who books their room's head if they are ok with people crashing on their floor (ie have more than the 2 in a room). Personally, I can't risk it myself. I have an online account with PTI and I will use them in future. I know people struggle to get money for some of these cons (and this the year of CE), but I think everyone is in the same boat. So I am not sure where we stand on people crashing, Ogster you ain't the only one who asked either.

I believe Dave and Nige need a room for one night only. Fellas, if we can find a hotel that accepts that, could one of you book it? I'll be there two nights (can't stay Sundays any more), most likely will share with Suzi at this moment in time.

May be an idea to see where the 99th and RL people are going to stay too.

So who else needs rooms?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.