main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania Gmex 3, Manchester 17-18 Nov '07 (Pre-planning thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    I'll help on the FF table on the Sunday. I'm coming down on the Fri late afternoon/night by car and leaving when it finishes on Sun. So I have 4 car spaces up for grabs.

Ven- do you still have the 2nd twin PTI room booked on my behalf?
    Tim- happy to share with u

2. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Thanks Tim Ill be having a natter with Nige sometime after the weekend

At The current way things stand I may just ettend for one day only and wont need a room to stay in,

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I've only just got my holidays at work authorized for this (after much begging, pleading and a little white lie or two [face_shhh] lol )

I still need to get a room sorted, but if I can't I might just come along for the day. Also I'd be willing to help out on the FF table

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Dave, don't drop the idea of staying just yet, like I said if I have a room bought via the PTI system I'd be extremely reluctant to annoy them, but others may be fine.

Leigh - if you can come down and go back with Suzi, I think you have a room with Suzi, that way the ladies don't have to share with the 'orrible men, like :p

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm comin' down with other Spike and we're staying at the PTI Gmex, just to get that clarified :p

And I'll be down there as FF, obviously, but I'm not averse to crewing for either or both the RL and 99th if I get the time and the FF table is looked after.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Sie, looks I'm tablin' for FF on Sat, crewing for RL (and maybe 99th) on the Sun. Suzi has the table on Sunday, so up to you which day you want, but you best let RL/99th know you are interested ;)

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I can mention it to Jase and Ian whenever :p

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    They sign up people a lot earlier than us tbh, bit more organisation since they are working as public entertainers, so u may want to be sooner :p But then I am sure they can fit you in somewhere ;)

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm only offering to crew this time. No costuming for me this year. Maybe next year when I can afford some stormie armour ;) I've crewed for RL plenty of times before so I'm sure Jase can fit me in somewhere, at least.

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Could see you going as Beru tho, and Coz as Uncle Owen :p

Right, it's been brought to my attention (so yeah, I didn't remember :p ) but that time of year usually has one charity event we supported last time - Children In Need. Are we up for collecting (via the table) for this charity?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

If so I can order a Pudsey bear for on our table, and also badges (since we'll be wearing our own T-Shirts - FF or other)

Not sure if RL or 99th will do the same, though it would be good to have all three on one case.

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm happy to do some collections. It's all for a good cause.

12. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Right....I think we need to get some lists going here, lol!

I HOPE to be able to use the car for this, but my Dad may also need it for the weekend, so at the moment, it's under negotiation...will update when I know what's going on. Train prices are just silly (£50+ from Newcastle).

I?m just going by what I?ve read in the thread so far, but it seems to be shaping up like this??and do correct me if I?m wrong?..

Travelling/accommodation:

Fri-Sun
    1. Tim- PTI Deansgate
    2. Coz- PTI Deansgate
    3. Suzi- PTI Deansgate
    4. Leigh- PTI Deansgate
    5. Ven- PTI Deansgate

Sat-Mon??
    1. Sie- PTI Gmex
    2. Spike_T-PTI Gmex

One day only?
    1. Nige
    2. Dave
    3. Glass Onion

Eating:

I?m guessing we?ll eat out on the Fri and Sat night??

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there?s an Italian restaurant which we went to at the Maggy meet:

http://www.cocotoo.co.uk/

And there?s a nice, reasonably priced Chinese restaurant called Pan Asia:

http://www.pan-asia.co.uk/

Ideally, it?d be good to get a table booked for our meals, so we?re not wandering the streets trying to find somewhere that will accommodate a big group.

Thoughts???? Any more people attending not listed above?

What are people?s views on crewing at the table? Do we agree to use a rota, or leave it for people to sign up on the day (which risks people not turning up and others being stuck)?

13. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    After some thought, I will still go to Collectormania. I was going through a rough patch not long ago and didn't think I was up to going. Don't really want to miss out on the fun :p
    I'm still happy to set the table up on the Friday [face_peace]

I think it would be a good idea to book at a restaurant, plus I think we should buy a cake since it's this is close to Jase and Tim's B'days plus the North's 2nd.

We should go with a rota, not really fair leave one person on the table all day. I'll only be able to crew one of the days since I'll be crewing for the 99th as well.

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Should we make a separate thread regarding food@Gmex? Just so we can concentrate on the table and rotas etc in this one?

15. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Shall we try and keep everything within the one thread for now, then if it gets too confusing we can do a new one for the other aspects?

Coz- glad you're coming [face_peace]

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    In this I defer to the new CR :)

We shouldn't forget though, it'll be FF-UK: North's 2nd birthday ([face_dancing]) and Tim's birthday will be roundabouts the same time, too :)

17. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Yes, cake has been mentioned :D

Is there anything people would like to do to celebrate the birthdays? Tim- since it's your actual birthday, do you have any preferences? It'll also be Jase's birthday if i remember correctly, but he'll have other things to contend with (i.e sleepless nights and stinky nappies :p)

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Shall we buy him some ear and nose plugs? [face_mischief]

19. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Who..Tim or Jase? :p

Just been checking coach times/prices if my plan to take the car falls through and coaches from Newcastle-Manchester are £27.50. In terms of times, the quickest seems to be:

Fri 16th
    Dept Ncle 13:35 Arrive Manc 18:46

Sun 18th
    Dept Manc 17:00 Arrive Ncle 21:50

Nige/Dave...out of interest, how much is the train working out for you and where's that from...Boro?

20. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    suzi, firstly well done on the CR-ship=D=
    the train me and dave are getting is from thornaby 6.03am gets us in to manchester for 8.30. leaving manchester 17.55pm getting back to thornaby for 20.15. the train fare is working out at £20.45 each. this is because i have a disabled persons railcard, i get a third off the price of tickets for 2 people
    hope this helps

21. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Nige: thanks for clarifying- I think the train will be too expensive, so I'll stick with either car or coach.

Travelling/accommodation:

Fri-Sun
    1. Tim- PTI Deansgate
    2. Coz- PTI Deansgate
    3. Suzi- PTI Deansgate
    4. Leigh- PTI Deansgate
    5. Ven- PTI Deansgate
    6. Ogli???- PTI Deansgate????

Sat-Mon
    1. Sie- PTI Gmex
    2. Spike_T- PTI Gmex

One day only
    1. Nige
    2. Dave
    3. Glass Onion

22. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yes, Its starting to come together for me too. I'vge booked a room for Fri-Sun night so I'll be going home on the mon morning. Getting the train there, plan to be in manchester about 6ish.

I am looking for a roomie for the 3 nights to keep costs down so if you're interested please PM me.

23. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Btw, which station is closest to the GMEX and hotel?

24. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i can just call the restaurants and reserve a table or something.

25. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    If you're happy to do that, Martina, then that'd be great.

Are we all OK with the suggestions? Please feel free to suggest more places to eat- my knowledge of Manc and its restaurants isn't great.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.