Collectormania Gmex 3, Manchester 17-18 Nov '07 (Pre-planning thread)

Discussion in 'North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yay[face_dancing] just booked a table for us on the saturday night at the pan-asia. some of us should show up for 7 o'clock, i hope that is okay.
    not sure if we need to book for friday night as well. let me know if that is the case.
  2. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tim it wasn't about that, it had to do with a thread that got taken down from their boads. Somethings got said that upset a few other members other than me.
  3. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, 99th are a good group, and they are working through what goes on :)

Back to Manchester G-Mex and the FF-UK North effort.

This is the behind the table display design, let me know opinions on it. It'll basically be the FF-UK Memories idea that has been used before, each panel is A4, and will have one photo per panel, handpicked from all our activities, so it'll be ones that stand out. And no, not just costumers (there will be a lot less of those), the example is the one I have stored with the design psd ;)

The style of the wall panels will match a smaller version (A5 or less) that will go on the table - that version will have more photos, be bulkier. There will also be an A4 guide to the pictures in the wall display so table workers can give details to anyone who asks about a certain photo.

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUK%20Table%20Gmex/table_show.jpg]
    General idea of how it will look together.

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUK%20Table%20Gmex/layout_show.jpg]
    An individual panel from the display.
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Something has been pointed out to me about the above post. Just need to make something perfectly clear about the costuming comment.

I was not saying I'll use costumers less because I don't support you (stuff will be revealed to the fandom as a whole soon where you fully will get how far I go to support costumers), my point is that all of the costumers who are currently active really only costume for other groups, not Fan Force, and it would be totally unfair of me to use pictures of costumers (who are FF-UK: North also) when they are costuming for their respective groups. And it would be unfair to advertise the FF-UK North by saying this is what we do as a group, when most of the great costumers actually are costuming for Rebel Legion or 99th. We work to our strengths, and the FF-UK N memories booklet which goes on the desk will have pictures where we work with other groups. So please, can people stop assuming I am attacking costumers, I was in the costuming game long before anyone on here, I was supporting it before anyone wanted a costume on here. And I will continue to suppport any person who wants in to it. Because I think the people who do it are stars.
  6. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me too :D
  7. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be there...reports of my demise are greatly exaggerrated! Just had a great weekend at C12 and heard some fun stuff about future plans for SM events...:)
  8. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome back Ven. What days are you going for again btw?

*****IMPORTANT RE: PHOTOS*****

Another new thing about the photos being used to advertise FF-UK, another recent development ... If members DON'T want their faces (via previous photos) on FF-UK promotional material (for whatever reason) please let myself or another of the "marketing team" (usually Suzi or Coz) because group photos WILL be used to promote us at events like G-Mex. I have been asked in the past when members have decided to leave our group to not use them, tis fair enough. There MAY BE instances where I will use photoshop to digitally remove the individuals from group photos where we have a large group of people together, since those photos are usually taken to be placed on the public domain, and have always been used to promote us via flyers, websites and table displays. So there will be some Photoshopped images on the wall this time round, it's unfortunate, but just a fact of life in a social group where people come and go. I don't like it, but then I'm not happy about dropping a picture of 15-20 people having fun, I'll adhere to the member wishes not to be used, but I'll get round it via removing them from said pics.

In FUTURE, when at shared meets where it is possible non-members will be with us but don't want to be shown in our pictures, we'll be asking them to allow us to take a group picture for our promotional material without them in it. They will be informed of that. That way both agendas are kept happy. Still unfortunate, but I think part of what post-event Fan Force is about showing others what we do and one way is through photos.
  9. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If anyone has suggestions for on the table btw, now is the time to do it ... two weeks and counting :)
  10. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Feel free to use any stills or whatever from TENCLO - that had several FF-UKers involved in it :)
  11. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks Hal, that's really appreciated mate. I was actually going to ask you about that, is there any promotional material you have that I can hand out at the con, I was thinking of having the DVD package you gave out at the TENCLO on display, to show that members in FF UK do fan film. Same with the art, sorting something out for Matt with fan art.
  12. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Might be worth sending a PM to Qui-Ton-Set. He may have some posters left over :)
  13. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Don't forget you can buy your entry tickets online:

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2.sf/?ViewAction=Monitor&GUID=472D7DD5-CA52-846E-42AA-AC103D2AE0DB

Also, just a reminder that we?ll be celebrating two members birthdays whilst we?re at GMEX (they shall remain nameless for now, would hate to spoil the surprise :p) so it?s been suggested that we get a cake for each- one on Fri and one on Sat. This would mean a small donation of no more than £1.50 from each person....are people OK with that? You don't HAVE to contribute, but just wanted to make people aware. [face_peace]
  15. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess we're not going down the custom cake route then?
  16. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Would probably be slightly awkward with all the hectic to-ing and fr-oing we'll be doing.
  17. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    If you wish to don an apron and bake a cake, please go ahead (just make sure you take some piccies! :p )

I don't think a custom cake would survive the coach journey from Newcastle, so I'm happy to pick one up on the Sat.
  18. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i could make one... if people agree to a german cake...
  19. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No I just wanted to know to know whats going on since I don't know whats happing any more.
  20. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, at the moment it's still not clear who's doing what and when exactly and we'll need to have a clear idea by next weekend.

Here's what I have so far:

Travelling/accommodation:

Fri-Sun
    1. Tim- PTI Deansgate (train)
    2. Coz- PTI Deansgate (train)
    3. Suzi- PTI Deansgate??? (coach)
    4. Leigh- PTI Deansgate??? (coach)
    5. Ven- PTI Deansgate???
    6. Martina

Sat-Mon
    1. Sie- PTI Gmex
    2. Spike_T- PTI Gmex

One day only
    1. Nige
    2. Dave
    3. Glass Onion

FF table help:
    1. Suzi (Sunday only, all day)
    2. Tim (Sat only, all day) ? correct me if I?m wrong, Tim!
    3. Coz (Don't know which day, since I'll be helping the 99th either Sat or Sun)
    4. Dave (Ill be attend G-Mex as a Member of Rebel Legion But if your table is close to our's ill hover over both for a bit)
    5. Sie (Well, I suppose I'll have to, really.)

Meals:
    Fri-
    Sat- table booked for 9 people at Pan Asia at 7.00pm
  21. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    If you're happy to make one, Martina, then I have no problem with that and thank you for offering :)
  22. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just wondering....is it worth as many of us as poss getting together sometime this weekend on MSN to have a natter about GMEX....? [face_thinking]
  23. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can do, don't think I can do that Leeds event anyways, too much packing/sorting out to be done.
  24. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would like to be able to join this MSN convo, but I got a feeling that I wont be able to be brought in like last time.
  25. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    *Runs into thread*

Sorry, things have been a bit hectic recently 8-}

Right, table help. I would be glad to help on the table, for example to cover for people's breaks/lunches/or whenever else I'm needed. And if possible work alongside Tim on the Saturday if thats alright
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.