main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania, GMEX - Manchester

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dudes, I haven't even packed yet! And I've got to leave in 20 minutes!

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Hope you all have a good time guys. Looks like it will be a blast. :)

3. Feezior

Feezior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Just got back home from the first day, wow! Was a great day managed to meet everyone i wanted to, Hurley was an excellent last minute guest! Some nice merchandise being sold. This is the first show i've been to in about four years so i've been hyped, there was a nice buzz. Hoping you lot are enjoying it, going to be there tomorrow. Have a great time everyone!

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm gutted I wasn't able to make it.

There is a valid reason but I'm not allowed to talk about it as yet.

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Confirmation - Lord Wiz and myself will be there, in full effect TOMORROW, so watch out Manchester.

6. Hatch5

Hatch5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Have just got home from the con....so much fun! I can't believe how much i spent on star wars figures but tis all good. A big thanx to the guys on the fan force stall who were v friendly when i introduced myself as a relative newbie. Heres hoping there are plenty more of these events in the north of England!! But could we have them sometime a bit warmer than feb?!? That line was sooo cold, lot of fun tho!

7. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Just got back - feet are killing me, as is the bank balance (or lack there off).

The FF stall seems to have gone down a storm.

It was a great day and tomorrow looks to be just as good. Alas, I can't make it :(

Next GMex Collectormania is in November :D

8. Vyka

Vyka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Had a great day until I got off the train and got to my car. Some B@#!!**# had stoved my car window in. Serves me right for joking about the car not being there when I got back I suppose...:_|

9. Hatch5

Hatch5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Theres another in November???? Awesome....had better start saving now....

10. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

:D

11. Parthjaegar

Parthjaegar Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    hi,first time on fan force as a result of your jedi recruiting booth!I thought the promo dvd was tremendous,and I enjoyed the chat.Gmex was a big event,loads of gear,though I was disappointed to learn the Darth Maul Lightsabre will not be available for a while.Anyway,hope to speak to people soon,particularly anyone in the huddersfield /leeds area-regards Parth!

12. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    good to meet new people and put faces to names (in person), ogli, tim and jase. good to see leigh again. mark and phill; always a pleasure ;) . shame the place wasn't that busy today, but then again i've never been to a con on a sunday so maybe that was it.

another good meet :D

EDITED: because.

13. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah, big thanks to the Northern guys for making us some welcome, we hope to return the favour soon guys.

Oh and Jase put up the picies of you and you're new best m8 Ray ;)

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Back :D

What can I say? O M G!
    I loved every minute of it :D
    Thanks to everyone who dropped by the stall :cool: it was great to meet everyone new and oldbie :D , that was one of the best points of the show, that we could stand there with Jedi Guardians ( :p to Jase and Chris) and get so many people coming up and asking what we were about, not only from the North, but just about everywhere else too! Btw, Welshguy, if you are looking, I may got someone from North Wales interested :p ;) We had so may kids come but to have a go with the Force FX lightsabers of Jase and Chris too, that is a recommended (have about two there) for anyone doing another table at any event, lightsabers draw the people in :D

The Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho) talk was excellent, and WOW can Jay sing :cool: I missed the bit at CIII where he sang out the end of the show, but he boomed out 'Weird Al' Yankovic's "The Saga Begins (The Episode I Song)" (lyrics - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/thesagabegins.html ). That was awesome. And the friendly teasing between him and Ray was funny to watch and listen too. Two cool blokes :cool: And definitely fan-friendly!

Caroline (Go-Away), Hatch5, and others - great to see ya there :cool: :D
    Caroline, the posters went down a treat, Jase and Chris were stood at the exits to the SW talk on Sunday to hand them out as well :D Plenty of new interest!

Parthjaegar - Welcome onboard :cool: Great to see that this event has got you here :D

Anyways, I'll post more tomorrow, quite knackered now lol, so I'll thank everyone else tomorrow and post some more on this great event for FF-UK: North (by NorthWest :p ) and Midlands too ;)

I'll leave it with some pics ;)

Jedi have entered the base! (yep, it rained in Manchester lol, and we saw snow)
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_02.jpg]

Jedi Jase (edgejedi88) and a stormie gun (custom made) with a :eek: laser sight - we could see it on the roof!
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_03.jpg]

Mark (happyninja) vs the Darlek, tasted like icecream supposedly :p
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_04.jpg]

Our cool CR Chris (lord_ogli) as Northern Jedi minus wippet sidekick
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_05.jpg]

Chris and Jase at our stall
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_06.jpg]

"Young padawans, aye up" - The FF-UK: North mascot
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_07.jpg]

The money shot! Ray Park trying to claim the table for the Sith :D We handed him our flyer and invited him to post ;) I have to go post on his site to see if he'll stick to his promise lol. No Leighs were harmed by Maul :p
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_08.jpg]

End of the show group shot
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_north/collectormania_09.jpg]

15. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Welcome on board Parth :D

Tim - glad the flyers went down well. They looked fantastic.

Was sad not to be able to stay longer on Saturday; even more disappointed I couldn't do today and meet even more people. Next time.

The pics are great. There's a good chance Ray will pop by. He's one cool fella.

16. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Looked like a cool day. :D I wish I could of came, I'll try my hardest to make the next one.

And wow Ray Park! He may actually post here? That would be so cool! :D

17. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Caroline - yeah, wish you could have been able to stay more, but was great to finally meet you :D And this event is scheduled for November 2006! So maybe next time? It's mine and Jace's birthday weekend too :D

P A R T Y!

Jon - Maybe, he may have only said that so we would let him carry on shopping :p

Gonna work on it ;)

18. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Oooh, did someone say P A R T Y

:D

19. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hi Guys - I am finally back home and dry! What a fantastic weekend - so much still to talk about!

Gonna start a new thread off for all the pics, so that the 'hoardes of newcomes'[face_dancing] we recruited from Collectormaina dont have to go through 8 pages of 'what colour Jedi underpants will you be wearing on the day?' and all that - the prep work! Its now over, but I am still smiling and looking forward to the next one in November - what a great event to celebrate!

Check it out! Just uploading pics now!

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice photos. You're gonna have to tell me who's who on the group shot 'cos I only recognise you, Leigh and Ogli.

21. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm the one in the Gryffindor robes :)

22. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Amber ... you are a Gryffindorian?

[face_talk_hand]

:p

Looks good everyone, looks like you all had a good time too.
    Now I must go and sulk in a corner somewhere cos I couldn't go.
    [face_not_talking]

23. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    lol actually ask anyone, I am more like a Slytherin. So guess what my next robe is going to be? ;)

At least on Saturday I was a death eater :p

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi guys!! :D

Great weekend and congratulations on all of your efforts. Looks and sounds like you did a great job and hopefully you'll inspire the London crew a bit more ;)
    I'm sorry that I could only visit you the one time on Sunday, but thanks for dropping by the stall a few times too.
    I'm also still angry that the table went AWOL ten minutes before the start of the show, especially after I made it crystal clear it was reserved but I'm pleased Paul and everyone managed to save it.

I hope to make it again in November, and Manchester is a nice place, except for having too many one-way roads....several dealers got lost for hours trying to reach the G-Mex :p

25. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ah Vyka, thats totally crap, did they take anything?

i Totally paid the price for stayingout late friday, I was dead on my feet Saturday, fell a sleep in the car on the way back and was in bed by 10 fast a sleep!. Light weight.

Good to see every one new and old, it was a good meet , some thing I hope will continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.