main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania, GMEX - Manchester

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Was that one of the Value Advanced single/return A, B or C tickets??
    They just sound a bit too cheap to be true for me ;)

It may also be busier on a saturday though, especially if Man Utd are playing at home because most of their fans are London based :p ;)

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I can't remember, I just know it cost me £37 for a return ticket to Wilmslow.

Is there are number you can call and speak to someone?

3. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Whenever I've travelled up and down on discount tickets, I've had a reserved seat - it's on your ticket. Only problem is that they don't actually reserve them :p Hmm, never been caught out by Manchester United, however, did once get overwhelmed by a carriage full of Glaswegians who were so drunk they started giving away Special Brew - one of the best journeys I've had that was lol But just in case, beware the trains that go beyond Manchester ;)

Oh, other disadvantage is if you miss the train it's a bugger to get them to reissue for the next one without paying an arm and a leg (plus head!).

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Sounds like the ticket I had, I reserved a seat but come getting on the train there were no reserved seats.

As long as you can get a seat it isn't really a problem. Matt what time are you getting the train again?

I shouldn't have a problem but I am getting the train to Wilmslow on Friday evening and will probably get there about 7:30pm so I don't think I will have too many problems (providing I'm not stranded at the station in the snow again :p )

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ya know ya can't wait to see me really. :p

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I have my cricket bat all ready for you Chris :D
    Heh, j/k :p

When I have got some sleep, I'll check the ticket thing for you. When I went from Southport to London, I booked in advance via the ticket desk at S'port station. I got the discount cos I was early, and my seat was supposedly reserved both ways. On the way out, I was stuck amongst some school girls who had been group booked (right over my fecking seat) and that was fun. Not. And on the way back, the seat I was in was double booked too. Good job I planted my butt in first :D
    The lady in the ticket desk btw, told me that it wasn't cheaper online, and I believe her to some extent. The internet quoted some strange prices - ie more than what I payed in the end. A return S'port - London was about £40 I think, on a weekday. It's £10 S'port - London there and back.

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Hmm... I'll think about it [face_worried]

Worst option, if you don't behave yourself I have a bunch of girls that can scare the living daylights out of you :D

8. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Bring 'em on!

Havent you seen Lord O in his Anakin Jedi outfit? I think they should be afraid, very afraid...of the 'Ogli'side...[face_skull]

:eek:

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I was thinking of getting the 07:06 from Euston on Saturday, which arrives at Piccadilly at 10:27.
    I shall speak to my Uncle first, as he may offer some alternatives. But according to the terms & conditions, I have to book at least 24 hrs in advance for the quoted prices, so there's still time ;)
    Thanks everyones help though :D

But all these train horror stories make the car option more and more tempting :p

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I meant £10 S'port to Manchester lol, sorry :oops:

Anyways ... :p

Scary women?? heh, you should have seen the woman (I won't be mean and add further comment to that word) who used to be on the coach between Manchester and Liverpool. And her job in Manchester made her even more scary.

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Don't think so, I went to college with him and if I am not affraid of him they certainly wont be :p

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hoping the therapy lessons for such a horrible experience have helped :D

I think we need a "let's pick on Chris the CR" thread, because this is way too much fun to be legal (bet he gets me banned for flamming just to be mean lol :p )

13. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol feels just like college, although Chris did deserve the treatment. Right Chris ;)

Therapy, three years on and still getting help :( :p

14. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    What treatment? Honesty everytime you remaniss about college it gets more illaberate.

The way you tell it I stalked you half of college and your entire group constantly plotted to kill me every day.

Then again you're the only one of your group I ever talked to so I can't comment on them, And I only stalked you for one lesson :p

And as for your friends, I fear no woman. [face_worried]

15. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003

:eek: I'll defend you Chris

Wish I could go, but I doubt I'll be able to walk let alone catch a train to Manchester and go around Collectormania all day :(

16. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Be nice to you CR [face_frustrated] - if you want to be supportive - check in here...[face_laugh]

http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/22748755/p1/?9

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Hey, he knows I am only playing. Right Chris? ;)

18. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Indeed I'm like a mecca for nutters. Its my civic duty to put up with you all.

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol if it makes you feel better I have been ignoring someone from up there who never took the hint and kept on emailing me and IMing me. Only because he wanted to meet up with me again, he had his chance and now it is like. GO AWAY :p

20. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    lol, any of the ones I know?

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Don't think so, he worked at Safeway with me

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    OK guys and gal - accomodation update for the Ibis....

- They only do double rooms - so same sex sharers will be sharing the same bed! [face_blush]

- They will not put an additional bed in the room - unless you book a family room.

- There are two Ibis hotels in Manchester (I didnt realise too!) - Charles St (which is further away from the GMEX and Portland Street (which is a short walk from the GMEX.

I have booked the Portland Street one, so far... (their number is 0161 2340600).

Has anyone else booked the Ibis yet or is it just me????

23. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Heres an alternative....

Premier Travel Inn
    Deansgate Lock, City Centre

Bouns is - same distance as Ibis to the GMEX
    The Premier Travel Inn has an integral pub restaurant
    FREE CAR PARKING (Ibis charge - NCP car park)

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/pTiibsRedirect.do?INNID=MANPTI&iscsell=true

I have covered bases and booked this one too (can cancel easily at either hotel), but THEY ONLY HAVE 20 rooms left right now - so I would say if you havent booked, and are considering it then post here quick!

24. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Sounds good, Even if it costs a bit more it'll be worth it. U'd be on the floor otherwise :p

25. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    can someone give me a rough breakdown for the cost of this little adventure (save me reading through 5 pages of posts) entrance/room/etc

I can then check my funds[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.