main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania, GMEX - Manchester

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...I preordered my tickets before xmas, they say that they are going to send them out in the next week or so...but they will be available on the door anyway on the days. Personally I dont want to queue though....

Too posh to queue :p
    [image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41149000/jpg/_41149259_queue203gt.jpg]

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll be getting mine on the door if I make it

Looks at dwindling pile of pennies :(

I should be there though.

3. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Terry mate - we will pay you in if we have to...

<vader>there is no escape for you now![face_skull]<vader>

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I can't see any reason why I won't be there but I won't be buying anything and I can't see me staying for too many drinks afterwards (meal should be ok)

I've put £30 aside for this but if things get tight late in the month I may have to go raiding it.

I'm not touching my Credit casr now as I'm about £500 shy of maxing it on a limit of £11k [face_worried] :_|

5. AHP-233

AHP-233 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2006
    Hey everyone,

I'm new here but have been a SW fan for many a year (many, many a year). I post on other forums as Abstractharmony so some of you may recognise that name.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all you costumed folks at Collectormania G-Mex and have been flirting with donning my Robes myself but we'll see....

So, is anyone planning on meeting on the Friday night for a drink and a chat about SW or other sci-fi stuff. If so and you don't mind a tag-along I'll come and introduce myself properly.

Also, I'm local (not in the Royston Vasey sense mind you!) and I can help with suggesting any decent pubs around town.

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...great to see a new face around and welcome to the Northern Boards! Good to see the North West growing!!! 'Abstractharmony' - are you the same from the Showmasters board then? Hpe you picked up on my FanForce link then - welcome on board the GMEX train - its gonna be a great ride! [face_dancing]

Personally I am going up on the Saturday morning so I wont see you on the Friday - not sure if anyone else is going up on the Friday too...?

Saturday, so far and tentatively until everyone is agreed, we will be meeting at 11.30-12 at the GMEX steps (I presume that there is only one main set at the front?:confused:) Look out for the costumed Jedi - if you do or dont have the robes, then either way you are welcome to join us!!!!

The day will be fun from there on in....!

7. AHP-233

AHP-233 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2006
    I am indeed the one from the Showmasters board.

I have been meaning to join these boards for a while but never got around to it.

Here's to many posts....

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Heads up for the talks - gonna be busy like!!!! [face_dancing]

FREE GUEST TALKS
    Tickets will be required to attend these free talks. Tickets will be available to collect from the Organisers Booth on the day of the talk.

All guests are subject to work commitments and talks may have to change at short notice. Check website for the latest updates.

SATURDAY
    12:00-12:30 STAR WARS ORIGINAL TRILOGY - Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker

12:40-13:10 ANIME PANEL

13:20-13:50 RED DWARF TALK - Danny John Jules and Robert Llewellyn

14:00-14:30 JOHN RHYS DAVIES TALK

14:40-15:10 BRENT SPINER TALK

15:20-15:50 HARRY POTTER TALK 1 - Stanislav Ianevski, Tolga Safer and Matthew Lewis

16:00-16:30 STARGATE SG-1 TALK - Michael Shanks and Chris Judge

16:50 onwards - COSPLAY PARADE - Lord O, Darkinhere - thats us!!!![face_blush]

SUNDAY
    11:00-11:30 STAR WARS PREQUEL TRILOGY TALK - Ray Park and Jay Laga'aia

11:40-12:10 CHRONICLES OF NARNIA TALK - Kiran Shah, Sala Baker, Annalise Morris, Shane Rangi and Reuben Dejong

12:20-12:50 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TALK - Katee Sackhoff and James Callis

13:00-13:30 ANDY SERKIS TALK

13:50-14:20 HARRY POTTER TALK 2 ? Robert Pattinson and Katie Leung
    Followed by the FAN FICTION AWARDS presentation

14:40-15:10 AVERY BROOKS TALK

15:20-15:50 LOST TALK - Ian Somerhalder

9. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hmm, you may not see much of me at this thing :p There are a large number of talks there that I'd like to attend.

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Ive decided I'm going to come now. Ive got nowt holding me back, I got money to go, the only thing i'd need to sort is the hotel and I'll wear my updated off duty pilot costume if a few more of you are going in costume. Plus I need to do something to cheer myself up

If your wondering why, check the vent thread :(

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Leigh - you deserve a break mate and to be around people who see you for you - have a blast and get yourself down to GMEX!

The seat is still spare in the car for going there and back, if you want to come down I can pick you up in Darlington maybe (and anyone else in the NE too - the more the merrier!). Let me know?

I am sure you will find a roomie for the night, but worst case scenario then we will sneak you in to the PremierTravelInn and sort you out an airbed or summat! They never have a clue in hotels!

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Thanks Jase, I would be glad to take up your offer if your still going in the car, plus I'll put some money towards petrol and stuff. I'm looking into the travel-inn now to see if there are any rooms left

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Now now Leigh, you have been trained in the fine art of sneaking into hotels..

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Heheh, yeah thats true Verity :p

And by the looks of things thats what im going to have to do as the travelodge everyone is at is full

15. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm sure there will more than one person prepared to put you up. I would but I'm not sure yet if I'm staying over and If I do it will be at a friends house.

16. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm still waiting on some info from my Uncle, and until I get that I'm slightly in limbo :(
    I'd really like to go, but now there's a new complication which means I may not make it for the full weekend. I'll try me best none the less.

Nice to see some new faces and League of Gentlemen references here too....You're my wife now! :D

17. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well. I tried the cosy on today with Daves belt and it just about fits I'f I don't eat too much.

Just need to track down some boots and I got the basic. I can live without a cloak for this one i s'pose.

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    what is it about you guys and Jedi belts that dont seem to fit?

Am I the only one who doesnt eat all the pies?

Heres the trick - go vegetarian! :p

19. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Yeah, like that works! :p
    Way too much great veggie food out there! And Indian food began veggie till they brought it over to the unwashed masses of Britian. So the curry made me fat, that's my excuse :p

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    is this you in South Port/Park, Tim?
    [image=http://www.u-blog.net/toussurtous/img/Copie_2_deSouthPark24.jpg]
    or this?
    [image=http://img.timeinc.net/ew/img/daily/597/cart_l.jpg]

21. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Well I wont be in jedi robes for this. I will be unveiling my new costume.....

A DOOP uniform...

[image=http://h1.ripway.com/veritasuk/zapp2.jpg]

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    nice knees V! [face_blush]

23. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'll most likely get some sexy tights to wear! and wear shorts under it.

24. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    [face_mischief] No, I think it'll be fine as it is :p

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    So whats the plan of attack for meet? Any ideas where we're going afterwards?

I'm up for it, but only if I've not got anything else on that weekend :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.