main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania London - Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th of November

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I know it's early for announcing this, but it's better to plan ahead and book time off for those who want to attend

http://www.collectormania.com/london/

looks to be a decent event, with guests so far including Irvin Kershner, Billy Dee Williams, Dave Prowse, Robert Englund, Rene Auberjonois & John Rhys-Davies. I would imagine the guest list is subject to change before the event but at the moment it looks like a fitting event while the MK venue is being readied for next year's events.

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I hope to be able to go as I have a holiday booked during that period.
    I think it's good to temporary move the show from MK until the new centre is built. I only heard bad things about the last MK show due to it taking place in a stadium during a cold day.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm undecided right now. So far the guest list doesn't have anyone I really want to see. I saw BillyD at C3 and we walked out of his talk partway through. I'll be jobhunting after the end of the year so I can't really afford to spend much money.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    As usual I'll only be going to meet-up with people. Tim Bolton might be down for the weekend plus we could have other visitors and hopefully a few of the olde London gang :D

I'm hoping that Jamie Richards will be going. He may even be signing his latest pieces of artwork (i.e blank pieces of paper).

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Exactly, one doesn't have to spend money at these events. Entry is free and you can talk to lots of people for free and enjoy the costumes etc.
    OK getting autographs and whatnot is expensive, but so is going to Forbidden Planet, you don't have to buy stuff just because you're there.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not in London so there is the train fare to consider as well. If I see a guest worth going for then I might reconsider.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    There will be an entry fee (£5 for standard entry, £10 for earlybird). They made a mistake on the flyer that stated free entry.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Since when did they become LFCC?

Oh well, C'est la vie.
    I am considering bringing my large ESB 80s poster for Irvin Kirshner to sign, but that's about all since the other guests don't interest me.

Hopefully we can get enough people together to do an official London and/or South meet, it's been a long time since that has happened.

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    LFCC and all the Collectormania events are run by the same people, Showmasters. Basically this is another LFCC but has been dressed as a collectormania show to replace the one that's usually held in Milton Keynes this time of year.

10. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Unless I have too much work I will probably come. It's been ages since I attended an event like this.

11. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I'm gonna be going to this. It's been far, far, far (away) too long since I've seen peeps and dressed up so I HAVE to go, it's my duty.
    Tim's hopefully gonna crash round mine, (he's gonna get a ferret massage) and Matthew's going if he's not at work... So rock on til then guys and gals!

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent :D
    I might be able to get my DVDs back ;)

13. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Irvin Kershner, the director of my most fav film ever? [face_thinking] Lots to ask him, I have.

14. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    You will indeed my good man. ;)
    (I'm surprised Jamie hasn't asked what kind of d.v.d.'s, lol)

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Just over a month to go. Does anyone have definite plans to attend?? If so, what day(s)??

I'll be there for sure, along with Jule from Germany who attended one of the LFCC ages ago and Celebration Europe of cause. Chances are we'll be going on the Saturday.

Hope to see some of you there (and get my DVDs :p ) :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's pretty likely I'll attend on the Saturday.

17. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I am going there on Saturday as well.

18. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    I understand Kershner's not going to be there now. Not good. Not good at all.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's a shame, was looking forward to meeting him.

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, he's had to cancel. Not surprised, I met him a few years ago and he was getting on then.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It might not be age/health related. After all, many of the old guys like Prowse and Baker manage to attend a number of events each year and they're pretty frail.

I see Prowse dropped out of this one too.

22. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I need to check trains since I'd be heading back on a Sunday, but from a few of the above posts looks I am coming or I'm dead. MCM Expo was pants, anything is up from that and SM usually do ok.

Will give u a text Matt, have to chat to Koren as well - I'd come up late Friday after work, go to show on Sat, and then head home on Sunday.

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm surprised you braved the Expo show again, Tim. I bet it was the lack of Sir Christopher Lee serenading you that made all the difference, lol. Gosh, the nightmares have all come flooding back! ;)

I look forward to your text and of cause seeing you :D

24. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    this event is shaping up to be a proper ol' reunion,don't you think?
    yes,i will be bringing along some blank sheets of paper,including some all-new pieces of blank sheets of paper i've been slaving away on.
    so there!

what kind of dvds'?

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Not the sort they make on the Essex coast, Jamie :p
    Spaced and the Ridley Scott film The Duellists.... hopefully, anyway [face_praying]

Yes, should be a good reunion. I'm not over familiar with the venue either, so deciding where to meet might be tricky. Maybe inside the main entrance at midday-ish??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.