main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Collectors: Action figure stands?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    For those collectors out there, I was wondering where you got your action figure stands? I know of a few places like Pro-Tech and Real Stands but I thought I'd try locate some locally first. If at all possible straight from the maker/supplier. The ones I'm after are clear with a single peg for one of the figures legs.

Oh and if anyone has a 3 1/4" Snowtrooper (loose complete or on a green card) and wanting to sell, PM me. I'm trying to get hold of one at the moment.

Cheers

PS, it's been a while, how is everyone?

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Hmm, i too would like to know where to purchase said items

3. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    arisesirtoy sell em, but they are expensive...

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Pro Tech seem to have the best deal I can find at the moment. 100 stands for $25US. Shipping is $30US for 100 and 200 stand orders.

If you buy 100 it's roughly $80nz (.80c each)
    200 stands is roughly $120nz (.60c each)

Pretty good really

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    For the time being all my figures are in a big box near the base of the Ruahine Ranges. :(

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Some decent hunting in those hills boy!

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    99% of my collection is in boxes too at the moment. It breaks my heart...

8. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    hey, welcome back to the world of star wars, Mister 'original' SWNZ :)

I got my stands from a guy in the US (that narrows it down) cant quite remember if he has a website but i do have his email around somewhere. they are a rectangular white injection moulded stand and were heaps cheaper than the other stands available at the time. that was a few years ago now so im not sure if he still makes them. I'll do some investimigating.

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

I prefer the term "vintage" ;)

Another curious question: How have you all displayed your loose figures? My aim is try and get hold of an (if possible) entirely glass display cabnet(quite tall, but not too wide). You tend to see them in jewelery and display stores. It would have a couple small lights to glow on the figures.

I've had previous cabnets that really only have a glass front but it's not always easy to see all the figures. Having them on shelves is too much work with the 'dust' factor. The figures should be seen.

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    all my figures are displayed on custom made shelving without glass, theyre in their own room so dust isnt an issue. theres a guy here in chch who has constructed his own cabinets, they look spectacular with all the shelves at just the right height and flouro tubes running down each side. not very cheap though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.