main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN COLLECTORS ALERT!!!... 30th Anniversary figures at Greatland Target ...COLLECTORS ALERT!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mike-El, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I called ahead and they said that they had a release date of 5-25-07 so no joy.

Then I said screw it and went out there hoping someone would look past the release date. They didn't so I asked to speak to the manager on making sure they keep that release date so the collectors dont show up for nothing. He said he would have them help in the managers office till then.

Cool, be there on the 25th and get the brand spankin new Star Wars figures.

I head back to domestics to grab a can opener and one of the employees that sees me in toys asked me if I was the guy that was asking about the Star Wars figures.

He said that since there was no release date on the box and they couldn't fit all 7 cases in his office that I could go thru them before they took them to the floor so I, like a hungry hungry Rancor, happily follow him to the back room entrance and there on a stocking bin had all 7 cases opened and untouched.

I picked up the Ralph McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, a Galactic Marine, and an Airborne Trooper.

Unfortunately all 7 cases were the same and no Fett's were to be seen.

I should have pics shortly.

2. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I found them at KMART down here in the Jasper area, although I did not need to scare the manager lol - they were already out. I picked up all but Vader who was not there.

Kwel
    Edric

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    What did you think of the Concept Boba Fett?

4. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^Pretty sweet. I hope they have a concept Darth Vader. The Holy Grail (blatant in joke, see my last comment on the Trek Movie Update Thread) of my collection is the 1976 Paperback edition of Star Wars with the McQuarrie Vader Luke and Leia.

BTW, if anyone can point me in the right direction for that - I'd, like, be your friend forever.

Peace,
    Edric

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    ^^You mean besides my book shelf? Kidding. Actually, mine is a paperback that says Copyright 1976...14th printing August 1977 and has a pretty traditional Vader, Leia, & Luke on the cover.

PS - I get the in joke...

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The Concept Vader was shown at Toy Fair and will be in wave 4 or 5. As to the Fett, he is the concept figure in the wave 2 Yavin series. Dang, now I have to start searching for these. Mike-El, whoever told you street date of 5-25 is on crack. There is no street date for TAC figures, they are just like and should be treated just like a regular release figure.

7. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Wow...just...wow.

I was at Walmart last time and got:

Clone Trooper Sargent
    Combat Engineer Clone Trooper
    442nd Batlalion Clone Trooper
    Command Appo
    Elite Corps Clone Trooper
    Holographic Obi-Wan
    The Battle Droids Two-Pack
    Darth Vaders Astromech = R4-K5
    Padme Almadala
    and
    Yarael Poof

I was really excited about Poof. Infact, I was so giddy I ran around the store for about 10 minues yelling: "I HAAAAVE THE POOOOFFFF!".

The management thought that I meant I have the "proof" that Al Gore actually won the election in 2000 and asked me to leave.

I tried to tell them I was talking Star Wars and then they, of course, said I sould not be talking about the missle defense program from the Reagan Administration.

So, I left the battle and brought my Poof home.

Poof,
    Edric

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] =D=

Entertaining as always, Steve.

"It's a trap!"

:D

9. Doom_of_Courkrus

Doom_of_Courkrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2007
    Toys r us had 4 vaders with the coin folder but no one else

10. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    By the time I was well enough to get to Target they only had Obi and R2. I did pick up my coin holders at TRU however. The northside Target and the Walmarts(as usual) didn't have jack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.