main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Collectors Anonymous (Collection Pics Added 6-8-05)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    JK, can i come by and visit them. I promise not to drool on them.

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Sure! Anytime. Other than this weekend. I'll be in Denver at Starfest! Hope to get Anakin's delivered sometime next week. Yoda's may be a few weeks. Sidious isn't supposed to ship until at least June.

One of these days when you are scooting thru town give me a call and you can come droo..., I mean look at them. ;)

3. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    drool is a good term. I think a tarp and mop would be good to keep handy.

4. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Should get my Obi-Wan AOTC .45 MR hilt today or tomorrow! Can't wait. Still keeping my eyes open for the full scale one. One on eBay started at $799 with a buy it now of $999. NO WAY!

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Got my Anakin LE MR Saber Hilt in today! SWEET!

I also snagged a couple of Titanium ships at Walmart that should have been gone months ago, Millenium Falcon and Slave 1! Can't have too many of that first wave!

Oh, and the soundtrack! Picked that up. Can't wait to watch the DVD!

6. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I just got a few toys at the Burger King near Zoomie and RDT's place! The plush ewok babies are so cute!!!

Too bad I had to eat BK to get them... [face_plain]

7. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    ya know those HUGE chewie displays they have at convieance stores? I may get one. I have to speak with the store manager, but it could be mine!!

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Too bad I had to eat BK to get them...

I know the feeling. We had BK last night, too. Blech. The Millenium Falcon is somewhat cool...but Isabel stole the baby Ewok.

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I don't get it. I LIKE BK?!

Anyway, ordered my Anakin FX today. Hope to get it in time for the premier.

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I got my Anakin Force FX Saber today! Very cool! I only wish it would vibrate a bit with the hum, but otherwise, I'm completely thrilled.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    PICS!!! Show us you growing collection.

12. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Sometime next month I'll probably take some pics and post them up for you guys. By then I should have Yoda's hilt and a Darth Tater to add to the collection!

13. sctcarts

sctcarts Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Just jumped off the wagon-even though I always said I wouldn't-and picked up a .45 scale AOTC Obi-Wan, the ANH Vader Force FX and the (gulp) ROTS LE Obi-Wan saber-ouch that hurt my pocket book, but damned if I'm not hooked now, and wanting more!

14. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Once you start down the path to the Dark Side... ;)

I picked up an R2-D2 Advanced Automation droid on eBay. Paid A LOT for that one! But the family will have a blast with him. My house will be filled with people yelling "Hey, R2!" all the time!

Also picked up a Robosapien. Not SW but a cool robot none-the-less. On Discovery channel they had a special on the science of SW and 3PO was playing with a Robosapien and it was getting the better of him! It was hilarious!

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    SCTCARTS?!/!/!/1/1/!/!/1/!?!?1??!????!?

CORY!?!??????!?!?!??

THIS IS JOSH!!!! Umm...Paul's friend. We had that one night of disastrous Biker Scout armor-making. And I still have your LFL book. LOL.

16. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    The Dark Side of collecting keeps getting darker and darker.

Darth Maul MR hilt is on its way...

Someone help me, please! I can't help myself. Maybe if my wife got really upset?! But she doesn't, she just sighs and figures it's the cost of loving me? AIGH! I'm helpless against eBay!

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    JK...Well, I'm all for expensive toys, but I'm not one for display pieces that I can't abuse. Maybe it's time to aim the next purchase at a set of Clone armor instead of a paper weight. ;)

And, I do have to admit that the Titanium series of ships is really neat. The Wal-mart in the old-people part of FL had like a bazillion of them, so I got an A-Wing, Y-Wing, and Snowspeeder.

18. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Hmmm....

Actually, when it comes to costuming... I've got a REALLY BIG idea. Not sure if I can pull it off or not. But will probably give it a try if I can find time in my schedule for such a large project.

19. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Added this evening to my collection:

Code3 Millenium Falcon (HOLY COW!) At Walmart, of all places! Don't think I ever would have bought one of these had I not seen them in person. In person? SOLD!

And an Interactive Yoda! Lots of fun! Smart-alec little guy. "Going somewhere, are we?" LOL!

20. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Zoo brought down Darth Tater this weekend.

It is so strangely cool.

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We had our first casualty this weekend. Rachel snapped the lightsaber off her Yoda gumball machine she got from C3. Easily fixed, though.

But, AWWW MANNNN!!! With damaged merchadise, how are we supposed to send Isabel to college by selling our collectibles????

LOL.

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Broken stuff can break your heart at the same time!

Darth Maul MR arrived today. #313 of 3000. Lowest numbered item I have I believe. Can't wait to get home and display it on my desk!

Also got my Robosapien today. My battery bill just got bigger!

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Which Robosapien did you get? The huge one, or the desk-sized one? They've got both at Circuit City. Almost picked up the baby one.

24. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    The huge one! He's very cool! Although he lacks enough autonomy. You can't just tell him to patrol the room and do random things, which would be fun. But there are several programs you can set him to that are pretty fun. I think he is more of an educational toy.

Now Robosapien V2 is supposed to be out late this year. He can sit, stand, even stand back up if he falls down. He has larger hands and can even hold a soda/beer can (full). And is 22-24" tall! HUGE! Supposed to retail around $200. I'm in line for that!

25. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    HAPPY DAY!
    My ultimate saber is now mine! An auction on eBay that the winning bidder didn't pay on... I was the next highest bidder!

Obi-Wan AOTC LE Saber hilt WITH the display stand! Got a price I can live with on it too!

Can't wait to see this one when it arrives!

Also picked up a Spider Droid last night at Wal-Mart. Only new thing I've seen in three weeks!