main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Collector's Area

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Phuong_Solo, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Hi Queenie

We are looking for some loose figures. Specifically, since my girl is 7, maybe some female loose ones.

Anyway, can you shoot me an email at jeff.maughan@gmail.com ?

We appear to live close to each other so I'm wondering if maybe we can buy a small lot from you.

Thanks

Elizur

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I sent you an email. :)

3. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    I just finished moving all my stuff down here from Kentucky, and we have way too much stuff. We had to get another storage unit when we got here this weekend. So, it looks like I will need to sell some of my stuff too. It will take a while for me to get organized, but I'll let you know what I have available too.

4. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Third Planet is having a sale right now, and almost all of the toys are discounted, including almost all Star Wars figures. It took a lot of willpower to not empty out my wallet today...but I wanted to let my fellow collectors know about it.

5. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I hate to think how much money I have spent there. I still go and look but seldom buy anything.

6. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I like the new paint job on the AT-AT. Birthday around the corner. TRU or BB&B for kitchen gadgets. Where is Yoda when you need him

7. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    I just found a republic commando Scorch at KB Toys in Baybrook Mall.

8. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    They have a TON of Clone Wars gunships (from chapter 21) at the Toys R Us at Kirby and OST.

9. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    I agree, it looks pretty good. I hope you score one for your birthday.

10. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    I was at the Walmart at Beltway East and Wallisville today, and all the Star Wars figures are on sale for $3.00! I got a handful of them, and am going to try another one closer to home later tonight. Looks like a late Christmas to me!

11. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Hey that's right by my house! :)

12. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I saw some of those UGH at the Deer Park Walmart for $2. I got two. When things like that are $2 I am always tempted to just load up the cart. Fill it up!

All they have is Greedo and Han Solo.

I could have had a Greedo army vs. a Han Solo army.

13. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    The latest wave of figures was at the Walmart on 45 South and Edgebrook. Picked up a few...this is going to eventually ruin my marriage! The old lady is gonna be P.O.'d.

14. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    74....you must hide them!

Or, perhaps, rent one of those office storage units. You can line all the walls there. Or maybe you can set up various scenes from the movies...that sounds good.

We'll all meet you there on Saturdays.

I saw some of the new wave here in Pasadena at the local Target, but not at Toys R Us or Wal-Mart.

15. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I'll hide them at my house for you! [face_mischief]

16. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    If anyone keeps up with Toy Fair, you should be a happy camper this year. The V Wing is comming and also Darth Mauls Infiltrator. The new figures look hard to pass up. I think I need to win the lottery or get a raise. I want the V Wing.
    I let my wife collect Annette Hempstead dolls and American Girl dolls so never gives me any problum with my Star Wars toys. She uses some of them in storys she post on her boards. I am glad I married a collector like myself. When you and your wife both go to the toy isle in any store first then hit the rest of the store, that is a good thing.

17. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I just came back from the Target near Almeda Mall and it definitely had a few figures from the new wave there, but it looked pretty picked through. I definitely agree with StormMoose, it is great when a husband and wife can collect together.

18. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    Latest news...TRU has Star Wars toys buy one, get one free! That even includes vehicles! Finally got me an AAT and Obi Wans fighter. Just wanted to let you guys in on the hunt.

19. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I am liquidating guys:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ123priscellaQQhtZ-1

yeah, it's cause I moved out to Katy, taxes are the highest here...

20. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    Yesterday started like any other day has these past few weeks: soggy. But I pressed on, the trooper that I am, and continued to work, despite the rain. Once done, I stopped at a Walmart to see what they had. Lo and behold, they had the latest wave of the 30th Anniv, plus the previous wave! I debated which to get (for what seems like an eternity) and decided to see if there was anymore in the overflow aisle. More selection! But, it appeared my eyes deceived me. Could it be? My heart skipped a beat, and yes it was really there, the McQuarrie Boba Fett! And the McQuarrie Stormtrooper! It was a great day to be Geek74...

21. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    Wow, that is a pretty good haul!!! Doesn't if feel so good to beat the scalpers to it?

22. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    starwarsgeek74,
    What Wal-mart was the Boba Fett figure at? I've been looking for those and havn't been able to find them ...

23. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    I found this treasure trove at the Walmart in Crosby. I wish I could tell you that there was more there, but there was only one B Fett, and as insane as it may sound, I gave it to my brother cuz he wanted it WAY more than I did. When I go by there again, maybe next week, I will keep my eyes open and see what I find.

24. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Cool ... thanks.

25. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Has anyone found where I can get a pack (or better yet) a box of the new Topps 30th Anniversary Star Wars trading cards? I read different sources saying they were to be released on 7/25 but I haven't found any yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.