main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Collector's Cantina Version 2.0

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    ooooh! this may be more of a fantasy than anything else, but are there (or is there any talk of) Knights of the Old Republic Action figures? :D
    Do you think Obsidion would ever put something like that out? :D

2. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Unfortunately there is not, there may be one down the line but no one has heard anything yet. If you are an Barris/Luminari then be on the look-out for the Clone Wars statue coming out later this year.

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm wondering why Wedge looks like he's on steroids here...

Click me

I know this is a prototype, but you would have thought they would have learned their lesson during the POTF2 years. He flies x-wings, doesn't bench press them.

Hulk Antilles???

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Actually that's the old sculpt of Wedge that came with the Falcon carrying case. Makes for a good figure to put into a snow speeder though since that's the flight suit he's wearing. I was hoping Hasbro would put out the version that was in the cinema scene 3 pack again. It has the removable helmet and better sculpt.

5. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, I knew that one was out there, too, but I've never seen it up close. Here is a novel idea...A new sculpt. :p

6. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    If there are older Wedge figures, why does the home page say "For the first time, Wedge is available as a carded figure."? Are they playing with words?

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    "Carded" would be the word they are playing with. Wedge has never been on his own card.

8. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
  9. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The San Diego Holo Leia is now available at ShopStarWars.com. She's $14 plus $5.95 shipping.

10. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Maybe old news but the Wedge figure is now going to be the headsculpt that came in the CS box on a Gold Leader body. A big improvement from the one first offered.

On to other things, is anyone having any luck finding the 500 Vader, Clone shocktrooper(red), or Clone evolutions pack? I've not seen them anywhere and I was hoping to pick these up before I leave. Heck, I still haven't seen 45 through 50. :(

11. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I just got back from Wal-Mart(East)and they have the following

Clone Trooper (Shock Trooper repaint)
    AT-RT Driver (very cool!)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot-very good sculpt and pose)
    Clone Commander (movie correct repaint)

12. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks for the info Mr. SD! I was able to score a Commander Bacara but arrived to late to get others yesterday. :( I also spotted a Meena Tills at the Target on first Ave. and lots of cool Vader school supplies and backpacks.

Toys R Us has the new McFarlane toys Aliens vs Predator statues/figures. Cool sculpts but no posability and out of scale with the previous released figures.

Today Vincennes Wal-Mart had several of the Anakin to Vader Evolutions 3 packs.

13. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Got to check out Target on 1st Ave. again yesterday and finally scored the 500 Vader. It was the last one and the bottom of the package was slightly crushed but I can live with it. Also spotted...

Build you own lightsaber kit
    Wookie flyer
    Sith vs Jedi (one with clone armor for Obi-wan)
    Anakin evolutions 3 pack

Looks like stuff is finally being put out again. Anyone else having any luck finding the new items?

14. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    As I've mentioned at a couple of book club meetings, I have been pining away for the "Build Your Own Lightsaber Kit" when Rebelscum first had rumors about it a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be released a couple of times in the past with no luck.

Imagine my joy when walking through Target today I saw that they were finally released. I got it home and immediately opened it. I thought I'd give you all some of my initial impressions.

It's very cool. The box claims over 1,000 different possible variations. While most of those would be "variations" in extremely minor detail only, there are quite a few choices one can make when constructing their 'saber.

It comes with one hilt, two different emitters, two blades (one clear to be used with different colored crystals, one red), various decorative rings, a light bulb, 2 end-caps, 2 switches, 3 power crystals (red, blue, green), 3 colored filters (red, blue, green), and an adaptor for making a dual-bladed lightsaber. Most of the pieces are ripped straight off well-known lightsabers from the movies, but the different combinations make it more than possible to create a unique design. Two "C" batteries are required for light and sound.

One cool point: The crystal is to be the heart of the lightsaber. You are supposed to pick a color and put that part into the chamber on the hilt, then use the same color filter at the top to get the proper color on the blade. Even though the crystal serves no practical purpose, there are sensors in the crystal chamber and the blade won't activate without it being there.

The plastic on the hilt/rings/emitters seems extremely durable and well made, the plastic on the blades...well, not so much.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of gripes as well. The first is not specific to this toy:

1. I hate modern packaging. Whoever invented this vacuum-formed plastic that everything is packaged in nowadays should have to play Twister with a Hutt during mating season. Some of the stuff in here took forever to open.

2. The clear blade sucks. Brand new batteries, brand new light-bulb, and I still had to go into a completely dark room to see any color when using a red filter on it. I can't imagine what it will look like when the bulb starts to dim. The red blade looks good though.

3. While there are a good variety of pieces, there are only two emitters: the classic Anakin/Vader black style and the Windu style. So when you make a dual-bladed lightsaber, you don't have any choices.

4. Also on the subject of the dual bladed lightsaber, there is only one light-bulb, so only one side will light up.

5. The sound is not so great. There is no "clashing" sound as on previous electronic sabers, but I didn't expect there to be so I'm not holding that against it. However, the startup, shutdown noises and the regular hum are "tinny" sounding. The deactivation sound is particularly bad and sounds more like my dog growling than a lightsaber.

While it may seem as if the gripes outweigh the praises, it's only because those things jumped out at me. Overall, I give this an 8/10 and would recommend it highly. And at $35.00 it's really not a bad price for all the pieces you get.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go chase the dog around the house with my new lightsaber, which, by the way, I have dubbed "The Wilhelmus".

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    That sounds pretty cool, Adam, it sounds like it has some cool features.

We're very glad you have found a new toy that you like playing with. :p

And keep looking, one day you will find that elusive "real" lightsaber. :p

16. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    You beat me to the punch on the real lightsaber joke, Scott; good job. That only leaves me to make fum of Adam's impending baldness.

By the way, Adam, did you ever find a place to put the wall of hair loss and weight gain? :D

17. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Wal-Mart West has figures 47-56.
    New Unleashed.
    500th Vader
    Deluxe Clone Packs

18. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    The following is from Rebelscum.com

Final Unleashed Wave CANCELLED

Our friends over at Mousedroid.com have sent us this disturbing piece of news?

"HOT NEWS ! ! !

Our Spy network has confirmed from Hasbro Australia sources that the Final Wave of Unleashed figures, Shock Trooper, Stormtrooper Han Solo and EP3 Wookiee Warrior, are now CANCELLED WORLDWIDE.

They will not be released this year as Hasbro target the new 2-3" Unleashed line. Hopefully the large scale line will return in the future.

Thanks

MSE-6
    www.MOUSEDROID.com
    All Australian Star Wars News"

I am pretty dissapointed with this news, as are other collector's.

19. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Man, it seems like Hasbro is almost TRYING to alienate their primary customers for their SW line...

20. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    I finally got a Master Replicas Force FX saber yesterday. Halloween can make a great excuse to buy a new Star Wars prop. :) I got the green Luke Skywalker one, not because I particuarly like that saber, but C3 made me tired of seeing red and blue ones everywhere. I really like the green coloring on it, but the handle of Luke's saber has never been one of my favorites.

The only problem is: I'm scared to death of the thing. I'm nervous about even picking it up for fear of running the blade into something and breaking it. I plan to carry it Monday to a Halloween party. Those of you that have one, do I need to live it mortal fear of breaking it by bumping into a wall? How sturdy are they?

21. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Don't be too scared of it. Mine is one of the older ones and are supposed to be weaker than the newer ones and it survived domr life last year.
    These things can survive the #1 beer school... they can survive most anything.
    That being said, don't drop it or throw it around, but carry it without fear. :)

22. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, what Cole said. I've done a lot of fight choreography, erm, I mean played and twirled mine a lot...and they are sturdy enough for that! THAT being said, my offspring is not allowed anywhere near them. :)

23. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Don't worry Adam, they're not REAL lightsabers...

:D

24. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    All Hail!!!

25. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Pre-Toy Fair: Master Replicas

I visited the Master Replicas Pre-Toy Fair showroom in New York this afternoon and was able to get photos of a few new pieces we've been hearing about.
    -New items shown were the Obi-Wan and Darth Maul FX sabers. The Darth Maul photographed is two half Mauls that have their end pieces unscrewed and a special connector that attaches them together. Very cool to see it together. The sabers continue to get more durable and I noticed the Obi-Wan was quite a bit louder than sabers have been before. I saw Michael Cookson demonstrating the Obi-Wan to a large group of Japanese buyers who were quite impressed by just how hard he was banging the blade on the floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.