main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Collector's Cantina

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Welcome to E'ville's Collector's Cantina, the place to talk about all things collecting.

See a rare figure? Get a hold of the next big thing? Tell us here.

Got a collecting question? Our collecting guru Darth_Wade can help.

EDIT by Krash: Locked due to new collecting thread opened.

2. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey, Darth Wade here just wanting to let everyone know that if you are in need of a Yoda or Dooku, Target Greatland is the place to be and also keep an eye out for the exclusive accessory sets and action fleet.

Hasta

3. Jedi_Junky

Jedi_Junky Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2002
    There's a mole/non-mole Padme variation. Sweet.
    And the 17/22 age spot Palpatine variation.

Gotta catch 'em all....

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Score!

I got my Yoda & Dooku this past week, both at Target Greatland. Yoda was Tuesday & Dooku was Wednesday. I think they are bringing new stuff out each night.

I picked up the accessory sets too, very cool. I got (4) of them, I'm not sure if that is all of them or not...

5. SW_HunterD

SW_HunterD Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Anyone seen the Playskool sets anywhere besides KB? I haven't been to TRUS in a few weeks but have never seen them there. I need to start stocking up for my son (17 months old now). I just love the big hands and feet and the goofy expressions on everyone's faces (even the Wampa).

6. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    I haven't seen the Playskool toys since the first few days of release, but I believe there are new figures/sets in the works, so hopefully there are more on the way.

I'm excited about the new action fleet stuff, since they are indicating ships from Episode II. These will make great additions to the Miniatures Battles scenes.

As for the Accessory sets, my thanks to DarthWade, who called and let me in on the sets, although I only got 3 of the 4 (?) sets (Battle Arena, Endor, and Death Star) at Target Greatland. It was the last sets, so I'm still on the hunt.

So does anyone else have the mole/non-mole variation?????

Just remember "Hokey 'magnetic' jumping and action poses are no match for a good vintage figure at your side...."

7. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I just got back from Atlanta, where I visted 3 different wal-marts and a few more small ones out of town. I picked up a Jango Kamino escape and a super battle droid with backround cards. Still no Dooku or Yoda...

8. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Just remember "Hokey 'magnetic' jumping and action poses are no match for a good vintage figure at your side...."

[face_laugh]

Toys 'R Us now has deluxe figures on sale for 7.99 ea. & the Slave 1 on sale for 19.99. (I won't be able to resist it much longer) They must be making room for those new X-Wings. They also seemed to have the best selection of figs with background inserts. Just a head's up.

9. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Two cases of POTF figures with slides came today! 32 in all! I already had most of these figures, but they were opened. I even have doubles of a few...

And to start a little conversation...If you could only have one action figure, which one would it be?

10. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    One figure? That's like picking the best movie ever. How can you just pick one???? Oh, maybe that's a bad analogy.

If it's vintage, then no hands down Luke Bespin Fatigues. This was my most played with figure growing up.

Of the POTF, my favorite is probably Darth Vader, removable helmet, but if I could only have one.... Slave Leia.

11. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    One figure out of the ones i have would be the jorg sacul

out of the ones i don't have would be the toy fair vader

12. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    One figure...well I could never do that in real life, but I guess it would be:

Vintage-Luke Skywalker No. 1. The original one with the white outfit & telescoping saber.

Neoclassic-Boba Fett No. 300. Hasbro redeemed Kenner & made "Rocket firing Fett" Plus it's just so cool!

Notice how I resisted the temptation to say "Vinyl caped Jawa SW 12 back MOMC C9.5+" ;)

13. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The vintage figures I played with the most was Bespin Luke and Bespin Han. The vintage fig I like the most now is my blue Snaggletooth. My favorite of the new stuff is my bloody Bespin Luke from the Saga line and my Toy Fair Vader. The kicker is that I traded a Sacul for the Vader. If I had to do it over again, I would have asked him if he had more Vaders. My new goal is to get all the vintage ships and playsets boxed and I'm about half way there.

14. DarthGaines

DarthGaines Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    hey i was just wondering if anyone has found the new anakin skywalker (tatooine attack) or the Darth Maul (sith training) anywhere.
    I can't find them.

15. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    DarthWade found them at Super-K-mart, but that was several days ago.

In the meantime, I forgot about 300th Boba, which I really liked, but was disappointed with the launcher. I would have loved it, if it had just been a short missle/internal launcher, but I hate the thing sticking down the back.

16. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, last night after the meeting, I stopped by Target Greatland and just happened to see TC517 on the hunt. What I did find was more of the accessory sets and got the last one that I needed, Hoth.

After playing with the LOTR Cave Troll in the store for 10 months, I broke down and bought one, after finding one that didn't have the face ripped off in some way. Great figure. My son went had to set up each of the LOTR characters and hammer them one at a time.

17. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Super K-Mart has Star Wars toys on sale. Buy one, get the next one(equal or lesser value) at 50% off.

This could be a good thing or a bad thing. ;)

I did not see any of the latest wave when I was there just yesterday, but I did not dig too deep...

18. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Sounds like a prime opportunity for army builders and customizers to clear the peg warmers.....

19. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Hasbro is holding a really great contest for collectors! Check here for the TF.N story.

If you win, you get an action figure made in your likeness. Plus a bunch of other good stuff...

20. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I HAVE DOOKU!!!!

My girlfriend found one at the north side Target. She also found a hanger dual Anakin.

21. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    That contest looks really cool! And...

Child development experts say that collecting theme toys, stamps, maps or other items adds knowledge, interest and pleasure at any age. "For children, collecting in areas of interest like Star Wars can have immense developmental and educational benefits," said Professor Matia Finn-Stevenson, Associate Director of the Yale Bush Center in Child Development and Social Policy at Yale University. "Building and maintaining a collection sharpens a child's ability to focus and concentrate, and provides an opportunity to exercise creativity and imagination."

I want to give that person a hug. :)

22. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I now have Yoda! My life is complete...

I found it at K mart Thursday. Also picked up another version of Anakin and a Maul.

23. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I made a couple of new acquisitions tonight at a little bit of an off the wall place...the Princeton, IN K-Mart. I picked up a POTJ BoShek & a POTJ R4-M9. POTJ is my weakest series plus not many places have anything left in it.

This place still had some Ep. 1 stuff, and probably even more amazing they had a good two pegs full of Micromachines from Ep. 1 & the OT. That's right Buckaroo!! Rebel & Imperial pilots & Flash speeders & some other stuff, too. $4.00 a pop if I remember right.

Happy Hunting...

24. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    For those of you who are into the TCG & have had a tough time finding "Sith Rising" cards, I found a store here in E'ville with them. Book Broker on Covert Ave. has them.

Preachrman007, I don't think they offer delivery to Oakland City, but I might be able to help you out! :)

25. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I haven't been on the hunt for a while, so this might be old news. West side Wal Mart has tons of cantina sets. (they have a creature from A New Hope and part of the bar.) I had never seen these before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.