Collector's Cantina

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by TC517, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borzou99 Jedi Knight

Question: Is Master Replica's [anakin] FX saber any good? By good, I refer to the quality of the blade, the fx'iveness, and all that good stuff. I watched the video and I do realize that the blade doesn't come out. Your opinions?
  2. borzou99 Jedi Knight

Question: Is Master Replica's [anakin] FX saber any good? By good, I refer to the quality of the blade, the fx'iveness, and all that good stuff. I watched the video and I do realize that the blade doesn't come out. Your opinions?
  3. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I followed up on the lead on the TFN main page...

kbtoys.com had some rockin' deals...

$1.27 figures
    $9.97 electronic sabers
    $4.97 jedi starfighter

& much more!!

INSANE!!!
  4. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Is Master Replica's [anakin] FX saber any good?"

I saw the MR FX's at celebration, and wasn't too teribly impressed. The salesmen showing them off tended to be really carful with what they did with them. (this leads me to wonder how sturdy that blade is even though it is attached.) I didn't get close enough to really take a look. DeWayne has a really nice saber hand made by Parks. He might be able to shed a little light on the situation.
  5. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not really familiar with the Master Replica, other than just seeing them and they (obviously) look really good.

I have the Parks Saber which has a very durable blade made of lexan. I don't use mine rough, but the guy selling them was literally beating them on the table with no ill effect. It is clearly durable, but I was concerned about damaging the electronics. The Parks Sabler blade is detachable which makes it really convenient.

On another note, I picked up the Spider Droid today at Target on the East Side.

I also found the Gentle Giant Boba Fett Bust up at Motor City Comicon. I've really wanted this and I got it for just barely over the retail price.

I'll try to post some pictures from the Detroit Convention on the website over the next few days. There were a few Star Wars guests, lots of Babylon 5 guests, and Mako!!!

6. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    New image of the upcoming Battle of hoth TRU exclusive

Also last thursday Target Greatland had the SBd Builder and Spider droid deluxe sets Han Hoth,Chewie Mycock,Boba Carkoon,Obi Wan Acklay Battle and a Destroyer Droid
  7. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all,

I'm sorta proud to say I knew this was going to happen:

click here

That's right, you can buy Jedi Master Points on Ebay to use on the upcoming auctions at Hasbro.com. I want a Toy Fair Vader, but I will probably just buy one since I would have to buy the JMP's.

I personally think Hasbro is short changing the collecting community here. They are making collectors bid how many of their JMP's they will give up for some certain stuff like Sacul & the various Silver Figs.
    Never mind how much cash someone has to shell out to get the thousands of points it will take to get a rare figure.
  8. borzou99 Jedi Knight

I recieved the anakin (FX) saber last night. It was pretty good, especially for the price I paid for it, $25. That's right, those suckers are being sold for a quarter of what they were going for on the MR site. Just go to ebay.

I got mine from "Rock Bottom Auctions".

I wish I could get a Parks saber, but those suckers are expensive.
  9. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Andrew, I saw those and I saw that some of them were labeled "Less than new". Like some of them were for decoration and the FX no longer worked. Is yours fully functional?

10. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Toys R Us has the Battle of Hoth pack very nice set plus a flashy Orange and White R2
  11. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry Borzou & Andrew, I mixed you guys up.

So Borzou, is your Saber fully functional? And did it say..."less than new" or "virtually new"?

Thanks.

Scott
  12. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Jedi Master Points"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
    service, at:

Petition online

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
    agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
    signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Scott W.

:) Copied & pasted! Seriously, Please consider signing!
  13. borzou99 Jedi Knight

Borzou, Andrew, samething, huh?

Any you wonder why I don't come to meetings anymore :p

It was listed as less than new, but I think it works perfectly. The only problem I had was the safetly screw, but it was nothing a pair of pliers could get off.
  14. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree with the fact that the auction idea is stupid. You should be able to redeem them for something definite instead of A CHANCE to get something.

However, I don't agree with what the petition said about it being unfair since many collectors don't open their figures. What does the author of the petition suggest, photocopies of JMPs? How do you get around having to cut the box?

Just the two cents of a non-collector...
  15. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    For those who are interested, the new 'A' wing repaint with pilot is at Target Greatland for $19.99. They had about six of them, along with the Colon Wars Yoda, Anakin and Arc Trooper. I also picked up Coleman Trebor, Secret Ceremony Padme, Wat Tambor, WA-7, Lt. Dannl Faytonni, Yoda with a kid jedi. Overall, it was a great hit.

16. borzou99 Jedi Knight

Colon Wars? Hmm....didn't catch that mini-series lol..

Where is the "greatland" target anyway?
  17. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just went to Target Greatland and picked up (non-cartoon) Asajj Ventress and Barriss Offee (who really reminds me of the lady from GI Joe with the painted on glasses). Asajj is cool, so I bought two figures (for customizing purposes only).... I just love those bald women... They also had the Colon Wars Mace and Obi-Wan, but I get sick of varients. Now. Where is Durge???
  18. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Toys R Us has:

Clown Wars Jedi 3-Pack and Republic Army.

Also Anakin's Clown Wars Starfighter, which coincides with the cartoon very well. As one of the few who open, I found a comic sized book inside with three clone wars short stories. The ship is cool and begins to look like an X-wing proto-type with the 4 laser cannons, two of which drop down.

The hunt continues...
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    reminds me of the lady from GI Joe with the painted on glasses
    The Baroness ;) that's classic! I just don''t like the permanent "actionpose" she and Luminara have. Good luck fitting them inside a jedi starfighter?
  20. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Borzou, Target Greatland is the East Evansville Target at the Lloyd Expy. & Burkhardt Rd...they (along with TRU) usually
    have the best selection of SW stuff in town, although I'm not on the West or North side very much, can't really say for out there.

At a Wal-mart in Kansas City, I found a deluxe Ponda Baba Cantina Fig. for $1.50.
    :)

21. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just picked up Padme Amidala: Lars Homestead and Jempa/Ashla Jedi Padawan's at the Target Greatland... On the back was pictures of the new figures, Janus Greejatus, Kren Blista-Vanee, and Ayy Vida....
  22. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Target north had lars homestead padme
    Bail Organa
    Outlander Club Ben Kenobi
    The Mcquarren Stormtrooper
    Janus Greetjas

Greatland Had
    Assajj Ventress
    Mace CW
    Ben Kenobi CW
    Coleman Trebor
    Aayla
    Barris
    Ashla and Jempa
    Darth Maul
    Han Solo Alderran
    Leia Imperian Capture
  23. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    That's it...when did the Trade Federation set up a blockade fleet, preventing all the new SW figures from reaching Cleveland, Ohio stores???

I found a couple figures that ran the blockade, only to be stuck at Suncoast (where they mark up like spice pirates they are)

Aayla Secura
    Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremony)

unfortunatly, I didn't have enough cash to get:
    Coleman Trebor
    Wat Tambor
    WA-7
    Durge and speeder bike

Somebody contact the Republic Senate...and help us break the Trade Federation's strangle-hold on Ohio SW collecting!!!
  24. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I grabbed one of the sabers from Rock Bottom as well... It should arrive this week, and I'll let everyone know how it works.

Many of the feedbacks (including Positives) said the light worked but the sound didn't. But at $25 that's Ok.

It would REALLY suck to pay $140 and THEN find out that they don't work (which must be the case quite often, since Rock Bottom apparently has a stockpile of returned/damaged ones).

-=jf=-
  25. TI9362 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Got my Anakin FX Saber... Lights up, but no sound (as I expected really, still cool for $25).

I'll bring it Tuesday in case anyone wants to check it out.

Borzou, have you had any luck disassembling yours? I've reached an impass.. Help!

-=j=-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.