Evan, IN Collector's Cantina

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm already saving my funds for this game. I'm just hoping there is a preview by Gen Con. I'm envisioning the stormtrooper vs battle droid war....

Even better, I've played the AD&D Miniatures and look foward to sending a squad of stormtroopers against my large red dragon....
  2. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, cool minis. Awesome detail for something so small.

Toys R Us had some VERY OLD basic figures & that was it, so I know what you are talking about Andrew.
  3. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As of 2:00am today walmart west has three cases of the Jabba's Palace/Yavin Wave
  4. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I just saw a picture of the Vintage Action Figure packaging in the latest issue of Toyfare!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all a tingle with excitement. It felt like I had gotten thrown back in time to a simpler age. No job that is giving me an ulser, no receding hair line, no Jar Jar!
    I was six years old, again. I was just a kid making my first venture into the world of science fiction!

Now is the part of the post where I sing:

"I've got the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow;

I got that string around my finger,

What a world, what a life, I'm in love....."

Peace,

Edric the Entertainer
  5. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Edric goto the new images thread there is a link there to alot more of the OTC collection coming out
  6. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Target greatland had about half the Jabbas palace and half the Yavin wave of figures today....also have the Ultra Jabba and Denizens's and Jango and Obi-wan Kamino Battle Ultras
  7. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hi. Does anyone have any idea where I could find a 1976 paper back edition of Star Wars? The one that doesn't say "A New Hope" and has the original artwork by Ralph M.?

Thanks,

Edric
  8. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ebay is probably your best bet. After that flea markets or conventions or the like. The bad news...I saw a Hard back version of this book at Treasures in Washington square mall. It was like 8 bucks and I knew I should have bought it, alas it is not there anymore.

Did you see the picture of it in this month's Insider?

Anyway, happy hunting. :)
  9. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ^^Yep, that is where I saw it. I have this crazy affection for old soft back books. I like to collect them as much for the art work as for the content. Goofy little hobby - but then, I am kind of goofy!

Peace,

Edric.
  10. Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You might also want to try used book stores. That's where I found mine.

charlie
  11. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have several copies if you are interested, but the cover art on all these is by John Berkley. The most common version is the gold cover, but I also have the White with Yellow spine and two copies of the hard cover (one with slip cover and the other without). I believe there is another version of the art, but I can't put my hands on it right now.

None of these have A New Hope on them. They say Star Wars: From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker. They also credit George as the author, even though it was written by Alan Dean Foster. Also has the Journal of the Whills reference. My favorite line.... "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." - Leia Organa

Buckaroo
  12. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ^^Thanks for the info. I actually have a copy of the Star Wars novel with the pictures in it. It's not the one I first had - but I remember when I first saw this book I was in an old Hook's drug store and was about six. Oh, what fond memories.

Anyway, on the subject of collecting, my "didn't suffer a nervous breakdown" treat for the week was the Clone Wars Mace Windu Action figure - who is now standing next to my lightsaber - the one I used at the last GM to bop Preacherman007 with :)

Well, I must be off. TO make the weekend last long, I'm just going to stay up until about 2 am watching ESB and ROTJ!!!!

Peace,

Edric
  13. TC517 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright all you real collectors, answer me this...

I've gone to west side Wal-mart and Target North. Both don't have any regular figures. Where have all the figures gone? (and I don't want to hear any west side bashing from all you cake eating east siders. :))

I guess thats what I get for not collecting like I should. :(
  14. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This really isn't a Star Wars thing....But, I got the new Kate Beckinsale action figure of Anna from Van Helsing!!!!! :) Now, I have a date for the movie. Plus, she'll fit right in my pocket, right next to my heart!

Oh, are they coming out with an Ackbar Unleashed action figure?

As always, Peace,

Edric
  15. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ^^Pretty scary...and no, I doubt if there will be an Ackbar Unleashed. Showing the Lobster-head spinning around in his Kirk chair isn't exactly worthy of "Unleashed" status.

8-}
  16. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ^^NOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU'RE WRONG, IT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!! Well, now that I think about it, it would be better if he were coming out of a fish bowl or something. Or, maybe, show him boogying with the Ewoks like at the end to ROTJ.

Peace,

Edric
  17. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
  18. Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ^^Your case needs to rest? That's kind of you to "Make it So". Often, we forget how hard a life our cases have. Letting them rest is the...."Human thing to do".

Case in point......

Peace,

Edric lol :)
  19. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was at Wal-mart today & picked up a "Obi-wan Spirit" figure from the Original Trilogy Collection. It is pretty cool. It's not a transluscent spirit figure(which are still awesome btw), but a "normal" figure which has a kind of flourescent blue metal flake over the top of it to give it its "spirit" look. This was from the "cheaper" OT series. They also had some of the $10.00 ones too. Overall the selection was just OK...but better than nothing at all. I'll probably check out Target & TRU Tuesday.
  20. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I made no new acquisitions today, however TRU had the best selection. They had a decent amount of both types of OT figs, vehicles, multi-packs, etc. They even had the new Darth Vader mask with Sound FX...pretty cool. It is an adjustable mask with movie sounds...nice looking, and only $34.99. And the latest I've heard is that Evansville is not losing its TRU.

Target was still second best. They had a much better selection of Unleashed, a few cup combo packs, and an OT Falcon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.