main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's Corner

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Jedi_Riibu, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    It almost seems to be an unwritten rule that if you like Star Wars, you collect some sort of Star Wars stuff. So what do you collect? What's the prize of your collection? Or what's that one item that you've been searching for forever?

Also, you can use this thread to give people a heads up on finds around town. If you see a new wave of action figures, post the info here incase someone is also looking for those. That kind of thing.

I heavily collect the action figures with an emphasis on Jedi stuff. Obi-Wan is my favorite character, so I've got more non-action figure stuff featuring him than other characters. I also have a nearly complete collection of all the modern toy lightsabers. The nice replica sabers are too expensive for me, though I'd really like one. :(

I know it sounds like some of the guys are more into the prop collecting than the toys, but it's still collecting if you wanna share with us anything you have!

2. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    I have a Boxed-Set Collection of the Radio Dramas of ANH & ESB. I got it as an exclusive at Disneyland yeas ago. It has a Limited-Edition Number on it. When the Radio Dramas were rebroadcast in 1982, some of the episodes were edited to shorten then into the alotted time schedule. My set has the longer versions as a separate track. Also the Beginning & Ending Tiles were different and mine has that. There's 3 Promotional Radio ads, a music suite of newly recorded music for the series, and a behind the scenes documentary track.

This is my mosted prized Star Wars item.
    You can buy the series at the book stores, but mine has the extra goodies. I love to listen to it over, and over.

3. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I am pretty much into the props and costumes. I collect autographs and the Replica Light Sabers from Master Replicas and Icons when I can afford them. I haven't started collecting the Parks Sabers yet but I'm sure I will before too long as they are very nice. I also have the blue print sets from MR with matching #'s but am still haven't got the new set that's out now. I have some of Litho's with film cells by Ralph McQuarrie. My favorite is the Rebel Attack on the Death Star. It's one of the few I really want to get signed by Mark Hamill. I also have a couple of the Silver Edition that are matched #'s.

Aside from my Armor I think my most prized piece is the ROTJ poster that I have had signed by some of the cast members. Most of which I got while I was at CII. It doesn't compare to Kevin LaNeave's but it's still a nice piece. Plus I was there when it was signed.

4. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I've pretty much given in to the fact that action figures will always be me biggest collecting weakness, no matter how much I try to cut back.

I've been attempting to give my figures better organization this week (even though that means just putting them into boxes marked for each movie). I thought for sure that I'd have more Episode I figures than any other movie (I'm only missing a couple of the orange carded Episode I figures), but no, the Episode II box is the most full. Curse you Hasbro!!

And I'm still waiting for an Episode I Parade Padme figure.

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    action figures will always be me biggest collecting weakness, no matter how much I try to cut back.

No kidding. It's a incurable weakness for sure. I just got the butt chewing from the wife for buying Figures for my collection while I Was out Christmas shopping. :p How pathetic is that? [face_blush]

But honey! They may be hard to find after Christmas. :)

I have one Master Replica, While I would love more I doubt I will ever be able to Justify the cost of another. Still I have a Luke ESB saber and it's really cool. I make my own Junk ones out of PVC but man would it be cool to get a metal custom someday.

6. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    It seems you're getting chewed out every other week. :D

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Those are just the ones I admit to. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.