main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectors in Japan wanted

Discussion in 'Archive: Japan' started by DarJin, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarJin

DarJin Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2001
    Hello,
    I am an avid SW fan and collector. I live in Utah USA.

To cut to the chase,I recently seen photos of a Toys-R-Us in Japan, and couldn't believe how many pieces were out on the shelves. Here the scalpers reign supreme. I've wasted alot of time looking for stuff and coming up empty handed only to resort to possibly buying from a scalper, paying three to four times retail plus shipping,just to obtain what I want.

I was wondering if anyone would be intrested in hooking a fellow collector up thruogh all the good fortune over there. I would be willing to pay cost plus shipping, just to fill out my collection.

If intrested, I would prefer a private message but posting a reply will work. I am a member of a local collecting club and other members may be intrested also.

Thanks for your attention,

Frustrated SW collector in USA.

John Kappus

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    All those in favor, raise your right hand.

3. Quidam

Quidam Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2000
    Did you say cut the cheese?

I'm sorry to get off topic but you raise a good topic...I think. Why the heck do they need a Toys R Us store in Japan (they're even building a Universal Studios theme park for goodness sake)? The whole thing is creepy, I tell ya. I've been to one those places and wowza! The ceilings are a bit low, but the whole setup looks exactly alike (it even had the exact same stench of TRU). Japan doesn't need a Toys R Us store...it needs a good old FAO Schwarz.

Ighk, I'm sorry. You know we've hit bottom when the fart jokes arise.

4. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    That stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.