main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectors of Figures Shorted by Toys R Us yet again in NC

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by dinoX, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Looks like no NC Toys R Us locations are opening at midnight for the April 23rd release of the AotC figure line. I'll be calling the one at Crabtree Valley Mall and the one out in Cary to see if they are opening at midnight for the next couple weeks. Hopefully they are. I'll keep everybody updated...

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Yeah, NC (at least around this area) doesn't seem like the best place to buy the figures... :( Oh well, that's why the Internet is so great. ;)

I hope you find somewhere, dinoX! :D

3. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I'm hoping I won't have to go the Internet route to buy figures. I got everything I wanted for TPM, but that was probably because TPM merchandise was everywhere.

4. roguewolf

roguewolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    dinoX,
    i'm with ya big daddy, how bout we hold our own midnite madness at the Crabtree ToysRus!?

even if they dont ;)

i too am going to be calling them up and asking whats the deal, also Walmart jumped the gun on the SW Saga toys, and i got 6 news ones right here. So if ToysRus isnt gonna have a sale, then by god Wally World wil be open!! :)

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Got a contact for ToysRUs at Crossroads? Perhaps we can get them to buy into my SouthHills Mall / Crossroads line party idea. Perhaps they can offer some toys to those who win in costume contests / lightsaber dueling / trivia / CCG and RPG gaming.

If we can get them to join in the celebration and think win-win, then we'd have a better chance. More sales for them = more fun for us.

Time to think out of the box peoples!

Tallon Kaardgamer

6. roguewolf

roguewolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    Got a contact for ToysRUs at Crossroads? Perhaps we can get them to buy into my SouthHills Mall / Crossroads line party idea. Perhaps they can offer some toys to those who win in costume contests / lightsaber dueling / trivia / CCG and RPG gaming.

sounds good Tallon, but who's are contact? or are we going to have to make some???
    :)

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Check out my reply to the FanForce Raleigh thread!
    Tallon Kaardgamer

8. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    I'd prefer to get all my wave1/wave2 assortment of figures and such on April 23rd. :)

As for that day...Well Just called the Toys R Us at Crabtree. Sounds like they are being lame and not opening. I got the answer of "If we were, I would have been notified so I could adjust the alarms accordingly."

Bummer. Guess they'll see me at the door as soon as they open. I wonder how early I should leave the morning of the 23rd to miss Rush Hour Traffic. ;D

9. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Has anyone checked out the Durham/South Square Store? I am not sure if they have the same manager they had when EP1 came out, but if they do I am sure he would open the doors. This guy was great to the people in line that night, gave away all the old easter candy, and made sure the kida got in first (thats right folks the kids moved to the front of the line where they should have been.)

Here's to hoping the doors will be open.

Called the Durham store just now and they are not open and did not know of any local stores being open. This really sucks, in a major way.

10. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Just called the Crabtree Store and I am guessing I spoke to the manager or a higher up in the toy hierarchy and what she said was basically :

They want and are putting effort into opening the doors next week for the midnight sale. They should know by tursday Afternoon or Friday if they are doing it, but it seems like they are a go unless something drastic happens.

Might be worth calling them to help lobby for it.

As a funny side note the Cary store told me that the Midnight Madness was for the Manhattan store only, the quality of Triangle customer service never ceases to amaze me.

11. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    yes i agree with you on that. We always get shafted here in the triangle for anything good. :(

12. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    hey there everyone!! i just got back in from buying all the new Star Wars toys, i called just abotu every toys r us and wal mart within 100 miles of Raleigh, i ended up in smithfield and the super wal-mart, they did a special opening for the toys. they had a section roped off and had all the toys covered with sheets of black plastic until midnight. i am guessing not many people knew about this because there wasnt many of us there waiting so we got first pick on everything, it was great!i hope everyone else has as much fun we as we did!!!

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well that's pretty cool! That's using your noodle. Anyone going to the Raleigh or Cary Stores today? How 'bout a report from them?
    What did you purchase?

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yes I checked out alot of the area stores today, the Crabtree TRU opened their doors at 8am today, they had alot of nice stuff, i also checked out the Wal-Mart off of Wake Forest Rd, and the Target and Kmart on Capital. Everyone had a majority of the same stuff, some figures are already seeming hard to come by at the places i went such as...Count Dooku (of course), Genosian Warrior, and Yoda seem to be the ones to look for. Happy Hunting everyone, please let me know what you are finding as well.

15. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    I was at TRU at 8:00am this morning and had a good time. Picked up a few figures, a 12" Clone Trooper and Slave I of course. I have been collecting since I was a kid and this is the first Slave I I have bought, thought that was kinda weird. Anyways I am $110 poorer but mucho SW richer I guess.

And for anyone that cares my collection is online at www.superchuck.com . the new stuff will be on sometime soon.

16. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm still trying to find Dooku myself. If anybody sees him, kidnap him and hold him for ransom to be paid by me. ;p

But yeah, I have all the figures except him now. It was fun. Was at Toys R Us around 10:30am this morning, then went to Wal-Mart off of Glendwood I believe it was and the Target near the Raleigh Grande. I'll be out at K-Mart tomorrow and maybe a different Target in search of Mr. Dooku. :D

17. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Checked out the Wal-marts in Wilson and Greenville and the Toys R Us in Greenville and it was like I went into the same store each time - no differences except Walmart being a touch cheaper. I can see why most stores around here didn't have Midnight Madness - because the Spider-man sections are still bigger than the Star Wars sections. (With those peg-warming Planet of the Apes & ET's taking up a lotta space in G'ville). All three stores were basically identical and after all that looking, the only thing I was inspired to pick up was Star Wars Stratego. I think it was just the fact that there was not much fun to it. During MM for E1, I got wrapped up in the party and blew a wad of cash. This time I only bought Stratego because I loved the game as a kid. I'll probably pick up some figures later, but probably not until I've seen the movie.

18. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    here is a heads up for the action figure collectors, if you havent already noticed, some of the action figures come with background card inserts, these are the first run figures and have been discontinued, so get them while you can still find them!!

19. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    They had spiderman figures out? Wow. I saw maybe like 4-5 pegs worth if even that at Toys R Us. Course I wasn't really looking. I hope the spidey movie isn't as big as a letdown for me as X-Men was (a good movie, just not as good as I thought it shoulda been)...

20. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    My wife rules. We were out a couple of nights ago at Toys 'R Us in Greenville and she asked if there were any figures that seemed more rare. I told her I really didn't think so though a lot of people were saying that Dooku seemed hard to find. I told her in a month he'd probably be warming the pegs. Well she went to her parents last night and came home today with a Dooku she had found in Smithfield. Though she won't admit it, I think she gets as much pleasure out of "the hunt" as I do sometimes. :)

21. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    I still remember the days when Maul was a "rare" figure now all you see is Maul. I was looking over the case layout for figures the other day and Dooku is nto even short packed. I think this is a case of people buying the known figures and then picking up the side characters as they have time. (My fav so far has been Yoda, the scowl on his face is so damn cute!)

22. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    In my searches so far, Dooku and the Geonosian Warrior are the hardest to come by. Yoda once was, but lately I have seen tons of Yodas around. Nothing like the thrill of the hunt though! I am trying to track down all the figures with the background inserts at this time, anyone else looking for those?

23. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    seeing as Hasbro is being gay and packing 1 dooku for every 3-4 boxes - and mr. george "wah wah we are gonna cut back on stuff this time" lucas - shorting us north carolinians of our collecting fixes. anyways, I finally got dooku - I had to bid for him on ebay. Got 2 of 'em, sealed up for $30 total including S&H. About $15 over the normal price it woulda ran me, but I want the dooku !

24. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Dooku is listed as 2 per case I believe. Right now there are quite a few figures I cannot find.

Dooku
    Yoda
    Imperial Guard
    Luminara
    Anakin- Duel Saber

And the Cloner, Dexter and Genosian Warrior are becoming harder to find. I am hoping for new shipments soon. Kuckily I got Dooku and Yoda the first day :)

Oh also the new 12inch Mace Windu is out at the Toys R Us at South Square.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.