main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Collectors Section- Input Requested

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    As some of you may have read, I've been asked to head up the Collector's section of the Omaha Fan Force web site. Here's some of my ideas, but I want to hear other suggestions as well.

Toy Archive- Pictures, reviews, commentary of past & present action figures/ships/creatures and other 3 3/4" accesories.

Store Sightings- What new stuff we've seen; where we've seen it and if we've stashed stuff for other FF club members, where we've stashed it.

Collecting/Trading Board- For discussing various elements of SW collecting. It'll also be for trading. If you have an item you want to get rid of or swap. Selling items may be ok, within reason. NO SCALPING. This still needs some tweaking.

Odds & Ends (tentative title- Watto's Attic)- We can post pictures and/or descriptions of unusual items in our SW collections. Stuff not a lot of other people might've seen or even heard of.

Customizing- I've not customized any figures yet, but others here may have. We'll post pictures, recipes, advice, etc regarding custom figures.

Wish List- Sw items we'd like to see made and/or existing items we'd love to get our hands on.

That's all I can think of at the moment. The collectors section should be up within a couple weeks. I'd like input as to what the rest of you would like to see. Let the ideas pour forth!!!

2. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Sounds good to me. The one thing I would like to see is maybe a e-mail list as when somethings found or posted. This way everyone can have the same chance of getting the goods. Just a thought. Later Dawmer

3. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    One step ahead of you Jeff, that is already being planned, and will be incorporated in the new area. Everyone on the list will receive and email informing them of new sightings.

Mark

4. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I was thinking we ought to use ListBot (www.listbot.com). I've been on a couple other mailing lists run thru them and they seemed to run pretty well. As far as stashes, I figured those who would be interested could sign up for a seperate listing. That way no one is getting an unwanted email. PLus, if it goes out to only those whop want the figures it'll be first come, first serve. The way I see it, that's really the only way to be fair. I just want to keep scalpers out at all costs. As far as I'm concerned, they're a step below cockroaches and a step above child molesters.

My main concetration in collecting SW is the books, toys (mostly figs, ships, etc.)soundtracks with various other items I happen upon that strike my interest bringing up the rear. I want the collector's section to have something for everybody whether they simply read the books or maybe collect the RPG stuff. At the same time however, I don't want the collector's area to become a seperate entity from the FF (I hope that makes sense). In a way, I see the collector's section as being somewhat of a museum to SW memorabilia and fandom where even the casual SW fan can go and find something interesting.

5. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I think one list should be sufficient. I mean, we're probably only gonna be stashing the new and hard to find figures so I dont think the collectors will consider that junk mail. They may not need the figure in the stash, but they may have a friend who does. Just a thought. Just trying to keep things from becoming too complicated, thats all.

6. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    That sounds good. I hadn't thought about it from that angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.