Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    From all corners of the planet come a group of folks brought together by their common interest in the Star Wars universe. They gather here in the Tap Café to share their collecting tales and reminisce of days long past. For almost 3 years now the hallowed halls of the Café have entertained many folks. Some have become bar flies, some drop in from time to time , and others lurk. In any event many strong friendships have been formed here and I am sure that many more will be formed in the coming months and years. We hope to get to hear from you lurkers out there. Please come by and talk to us Welcome to the Tap Café V.15.

May we always find the time,
    to say a little hello.
    To all great folks here,
    that we have grown to know

In good times and the bad,
    we are here together.
    No matter where we are,
    or how bad the weather.

For our times in the Cafe
    we will reminisce of those days.
    Of a long time ago
    In a galaxy far far away
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Woot! First post!

However we might want to unsticky it, Mike. I missed seeing it the first time into the forum.
  3. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  4. Tim_In_CT Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello everyone,

Remember when people were rushing just to get on the first page of a new Cafe?

(Put's a check in that box)
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    England have beaten Tonga in the rugby by 36 to 20. They're through the group stage! There's still the USA vs South Africa on Sunday night but it won't make a difference to the standings. (I suspect the USA will get mauled in that since South Africa have won the group. England are second.)
  6. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Argh, the cafe has that nice new smell about it :D

That was a good game of rugby. Poor Lewis Moody got a bashing though, but Paul Sackey had an excellent game and looks one for the future.
    With South Africa safely through, they might rest a lot of players which may give USA a slim chance, but even a weakened South African team is very strong, so best not get too excited, lol.

I'm off Wave 4 hunting tomorrow. Wish me luck, I need that Boba!
  7. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    [voice_Obi-Wan]Hello there![/voice]
  8. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hey Mike and Ben :) I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. It must be old age kicking in as it is only 8:30pm EST an dI am falling asleep.
  9. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Sleep? I just woke up from an unexpected nap. Slept right through Doctor Who. :_| Nice new cafe!
  10. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Pat my second wind is kicking in which should keep me awake for another 30 minutes I-)
  11. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    And with that he fell asleep at 10:15pm............or more I kicked him off the sofa and told him to go to bed because he was falling asleep. :rolleyes:

rebelwookiee, what episode was it? or what was the last one you watched?

12. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    It was "The Sound of Drums" and I woke up in time to see the last five minutes or so. I already know what happens because I'm a sucker for internet spoilers, but I still want to see it. It's on again at midnight, so here in another 40 minutes I'll try again. And thanks to the nap I'll be up all night.

We just got an awesome toy. It's the Flight Control TARDIS. It's in scale with the figures and two of them will fit inside. There are all kinds of awesome sound effects and lights. I highly recommend it, and my daughter loves it. Too bad the Doctor Who toys are so hard to find in the US. I've found a pretty good internet source, though--our TARDIS arrived in only 3 days.
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Morning all! We've got 4 rugby matches today starting at noon on TV. That's my TV schedule then!

RW - you can try The Entertainer for Dr Who stuff as well. They are UK-based but do ship to the US. I know someone else on here who is in the US ordered Dr Who stuff and got it really fast. I know my local store usually has a bunch of Dr Who items when I check for SW stuff.
  14. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Good morning everyone :) How are you doing Les.

I got some decent sleep last night which in come in handy today as I am going to be really busy.

I replied to a message from DaDarth on the last page of the previous cafe but I do not
    know if he will read it:

How are you and the family doing Jim. How has your career been going. I remember the last time you were talking about changing from sales back to the healthcare side of the industry.
  15. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I hope your system work goes OK, Mike..

Australia play Canada in the rugby in a few minutes. New Zealand already blew Romania off 85-8.
  16. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I hope that Canada does not loose as badly as Romania Les.
  17. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That's a good episode, I really enjoyed the last two episodes of that season :)

I don't actually have any Who stuff, yet.....I do say yet lol
    When I was in Toronto for the Harry Potter convention I actually found a TARDIS USB hub which was pretty cool. Not sure if I would end up using it or just have it next to my computer though.
  18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Well, the good news is that the Canada match wasn't as bad a blowout as the New Zealand match. Canada lost by only 37-6. However, it means they exit the group stage without any wins. Wales are playing Fiji now - winner goes through, loser goes home.
  19. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, I totally missed the end of episode XIV! How's everyone? It's been ages since I've been around. I've been so busy with our attic makeover, but that's nearing completion, thankfully! Looking forward to regularly post here again! Take care and I'll keep in touch! [face_peace]
  20. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Hey Incom!

Well, Scotland just beat Italy by 18-16 to go through to the quarter finals in the rugby. Wales are out, however - they lost by 38-34 against Fiji. Cracking match though - one of the best so far. Wales gave it their all and have nothing to be ashamed of.
  21. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    The finals are going to be interesting Les. I finished the work I had to do. Unfortunately I did not get back as much space as I was hoping for. I guess that I will have to move some files into some other drives in a few weeks.
  22. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Evening all. :) Just got home from yet another exciting day hawking lattes and cappuccinos. *Sigh*
  23. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all you regulars. I see you've survived yet another new collector's cafe board. Happy 15th!
    LOL!
    Any new purchases?
  24. SithLordKobe Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Erm, well...

The last new purchase I made was the Hasbro 12" Imperial Officer. Before that, I got the Luke/Mara, Leia/Vader, and Hett/Dark Woman comic book 2-packs. And before that, the Sideshow 1:6 scale Leia as Boussh.
  25. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I have a bunch of items on order, the EE Exclusive Elite Forces of the Republic set,
    the Battlefront II Action Figure Set, the RAH Darth Maul, MR Boba Fett 1:1 Helmet, and the SS 1:4 scout and speederbike. There are a few other items that I cannot remember at the moment. The Canadian dollar is now equal to the US dollar so I am trying to order as much as I can.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT