main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The weekly is finally here Les o hopefully you can recharge the batteries Les :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I plan on doing that, Mike. I got my laundry done and now I can take it easy today. It's chilly here and there have been some showers, though the sun has also been out.

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I cannot believe that 2010 is almost here. December has been flying by and Christmas is around the corner.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah really. Do you have your tree decorated. Mike? If so you need to post some pics..

We're getting our first cold snap of the winter here with 'wintry showers' forecast for later today and a chance of snow tomorrow or Friday. It was sure chilly driving in this morning!

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry Les, I finally got some pics of the tree:

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4560.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4567.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4576.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4577.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4580.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4583.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_4585.JPG]

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I see you went for the mostly gold scheme this year, Mike. It looks pretty!

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually most of the ornaments are transparent Les. The lighting makes it look a goldish colour.

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Happy Holidays everyone :) I am waiting for company to arrive and for a call from Jeannette letting me know what time she will be leaving work at. We are going to be out for the afternoon at the pub. Tonight I will start the Christmas cooking. Jeannette and I are having a quiet Christmas together. I am off until Jan 5th and she is back to work on Tuesday.

Santa just dropped off the Sideshow Commander Cody bust. I am going to open it up in a few minutes.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congrats on Cody, Mike! And Merry Christmas! I got off work a little early. Traffic was real light so I got home fairly quickly. I'll be cooking my turkey tomorrow to eat around 3pm. The first part of the Dr. Who special is on at 6pm so I want to see that. I have to go back to work on Tuesday but I have Friday off for New Years, and the following Mon-Wed as that is when my car goes in for its yearly MOT and service. (That won't be a good bill).

I got the new Darth Bane book yesterday from Amazon UK so that will be my reading matter for Christmas once I finish my current book.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    A very Merry Christmas to you Les :) I am getting ready to start my Christmas cooking. I do not think that I am going to get much sleep today lol.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all! I hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas! Hopefully you all got to where you were going and the weather didn't stop your travels! I'm home and the turkey is in the oven. It smells great!
    Tim gave me an Amazon UK GC so that's all the SW hardcovers sorted for 2010. And last weekend I treated myself to a protable DVD player with some early Christmas money from my mom.
    Weather here is milder than it's been lately. It feels like it's in the 40s and it's cloudy. No rain/snow/ice though so that's a plus. We might see some sun later today.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Merry Christmas everyone :) I just finished cleaning up from Christmas dinner and are watching some movies with Jeannette. I also got a Boba USB drive from Jeannette. I had a look at the Sideshow Cody and it is very nice.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I killed the place :) New Years Eve is almost here !!! I am looking forward to 2010. Hopefully it will be a better year for everyone than 2009.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I agree, Mike. I have a few days off for New Years - after today I don't come back to work til Jan 7. The bad part is that the car goes in on Monday for its annual service and MOT (inspection). That means £££. My credit card won't be happy.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Happy New Year everyone :)

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Happy New Year!

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les we are still waiting for our first significant snow fall out here. I was up last night doing some server work and just woke up a hour ago. I am back to work on Tuesday.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey Mike - I had today off (and tomorrow and Wed). My car went in today for its yearly service and MOT (inspection). It's so cold here that the MOT computers aren't working. I think the high today was high 20s F. So I'm just waiting for the car guy to call back to see if I will get my car back tonight or tomorrow. Weather forecast is saying a chance of snow for the London area tomorrow or Wed as well.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les have you been getting alot of snow where you live. I have been hearing about all the brutal weather that has been hitting the UK in recent weeks. It looks scary out there.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, more snow for us. It snowed last night and again today. Some cars were going up my road earlier but it's supposed to get cold tonight and freeze so it will probably be an ice rink in the morning as it hasn't been gritted or anything. In the midst of the snow one of the guys from the car service place brought my car back and I could barely get it in the garage due to all the snow in the back carpark (and that was before we got a couple of more inches in late afternoon). So I'm not sure if I will be able to get out in the morning or not. I was off work today but I'm supposed to go back in tomorrow. However, after all I spent on the car to get it through the inspection I'm not about to risk it being hit in snow and ice.

On an up note - I walked into town yesterday and saw Avatar in 3D. Great film! It was definitely worth the extra couple of pounds they charged to see it in 3D.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The pictures that I am seeing of the UK are unbelievable Les. It is looking like Canada. The crazy thing is that we have barely received any snow this year. We also had no snow at Christmas.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't made it into work yesterday or today, Mike. I got out of my road first thing this morning (7 a.m.) to hit the local supermarket for food & supplies when they opened. I was one of four shoppers. There were more staff than people shopping - first fime I'd seen that! The car park was mostly an ice rink though. I wanted to get petrol but the station was shut as a tanker was making a delivery. On the way back my car slipped and slid so much on my road that I wasn't going back out after that. I did my laundry but I can walk there (even though it's just as icy on the sidewalks). We also haven't seen a postman in my neighborhood for three days now.

There's more snow forecast for Sunday.

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That sounds crazy Les !!! How are you doing today. Were you able to go to work.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I made it in OK today. Once I got past my road and got out to the main one the roads were just wet. Quite a bit has melted today and my road was just a bit slushy tonight. Postman also came, and one of my Amazon orders which had Steve Sansweet's new book, Star Wars 1000 Collectibles. I've just flipped through it so far but it looks pretty nice - you might want to get one as well.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    We still have not had a substancial snow fall out here Les and now the temperature is rising above zero so the small trace amount that we have will melt.