main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Les I ordered the Boba Fett 1:1 bust. I wish they could have included the top section of the jetpack with the bust as well as some working lights. Other than that it is an amazing bust.

We are getting some snow out here tonight.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad you got one, Mike. I've been pretty much sticking to the books as I will be jobhunting again. My current contract ends the first week of March.

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Is there any talk of them extending your contract Les.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's been extended a few times, Mike. However there are tax implications if you contract and are at the same workplace for more than two years, and it will be two years in March. Also it's a government site and they've been having cutbacks already due to the UK economy.

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    You gained 2 years of web experience Les which will help on your resume. How has Tim been doing.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Tim is fine, Mike. He's been busy at work though so I don't hear a lot during the week.

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have gone and hurt my sciatic nerve again. I am such an idiot lol :)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You didn't do that packing up your collection, did you?

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Nope I am not sure how I hurt it but I am feeling much better now. I have alot of packing ahead of me Les.

It was quite the celebration out here in Canada after yesterday's hockey game. I have never seen anything like it and do not think that I have ever yelled and screamed that much in my life [face_laugh]

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh] One of the guys I work with is Finnish. He was pretty upset at their result.

I'm sure you know about this, Mike. It sounds like it's right in your area.

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    :D oh yeah Les I know about it and are counting the days !!! I am suffering from SW toy withdrawal now that almost everything has been packed up.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I can imagine, Mike. Do you have a moving date yet?

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les it is looking like October 12th...

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Plenty of packing time then..

My last day at work - we're going to a local pub at lunchtime. I'll miss the place and the people but I won't miss the commute. Getting up at 6am to beat traffic has been getting to me. It will be nice to sleep in on Monday!

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So they gave me a cake after we had lunch at the pub:

Pretty neat!

I still have Yoda and a bit of the cake.

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Very nice cake Les :) I have one hour left of work and the time is dragging. I cannot wait to go home :)

17. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Hello everyone, how is everyone in the Cafe doing today?

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Doing OK. I'm just taking it easy today.

19. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Another warm and glorious day, temp is hitting 60 or so. very sunny and nice out.

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Les and David. We have had a very mild week out here but they are calling for 4 days worth of rain starting tomorrow.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's been chilly and mostly cloudy this week here. The temp has been in the 40s F but we've had a steady wind from the northeast and it is cold. I walked up to town yesterday and I was glad to get inside. There's a chance of showers tomorrow but the wind is supposed to die down.

22. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Supposed to be another warm day today, into the 6o's. Might be getting some rain later tonight.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Cloudy here, 40s F, showers (and maybe thunder/hail!) forecast for this afternoon.

I found out Friday morning is still a great time to do laundry - I had the laundrette to myself except for the attendant. Much better than Saturday!

24. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Another warm day, 57 degrees already. But it is raining. Tonight I am reserving our hotel room for Celebration V. Yay, we got a timeshare starting Sat. so we need hotel for wed thru then. Anyway, Hope every one has a good weekend.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It is a beautiful afternoon out here. We have blue skies and 70f (20c) temperatures. March is just flying by. I put in 30 hours of work this past weekend and are still trying to recover [face_laugh]