main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    At least we have a government now and Brown is finally gone.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes Les, Jeannette was happy that he is gone. There was a very similiar situation like that a few years ago in Canada. Actually the party was called the "Rebel Alliance" by the Canadian press.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Did Jeannette have a good week?

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Hello strangers! Hope all are well! :)

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey JED1! Not too bad here - how are things with you?

6. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Not too bad either, LAJ, getting by as they say! :)

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi George, It is good to see youback here again :) Jeannette had a great time Les. I do not think that she wanted to come back :)

8. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Hello everyone. It has been ages since I have visited the forums but am going to try and get back into it. I recently moved yet again (in the military and move every three to five years) and have ran into a problem with my collection. At my new house, I don't have nearly enough room to display everything I want to, let alone own. If anyone has any good space saving display techniques they wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to hear them. Thank you in advance.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey all. It's been beautiful here this weekend and I've spent most of the daytime hours outside. Today it's around 80F and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately next weekend is the long weekend and it's supposed to be cooler with some rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be as warn and sunny but then a cold front comes through over Tues/Wed and that will be it for summer for awhile. We do need some rain though.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :) We have also been experiencing warmer than normal here in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. It seems like we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer [face_laugh] Because of this a lot of people have been getting sick and catching of sorts of mutated viruses. I have been sick on and off for weeks now and it finally appears that Jeannette has caught my bug.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks, Mike. I think everything that spreads pollen came out in the last week. I've had hayfever off and on. Yesterday and today we've had a ton of little seeds floating on the breeze and coming down. They are fluffy like dandelion seeds but they aren't as the seed part looks different. Judging from what I've seen via Google they might be poplar or willow seeds.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Foe some reason Les I have not been hit by hay fever in the last few years. I am starting to think that I might have built up a resistance thanks to the 9 rabbits and all the hay that they eat.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're lucky, Mike. Normally I start sneezing around March but things are blooming late this year because of the cold winter.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les I have been sick so many times already in 2010. Stomach bugs, colds, viruses etc.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have really killed this place lol

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's been so nice here that I've been spending a lot of time outside. Not a cloud in the sky today and the temps were in the 70s F. Also I am doing FAQ updates for the new boards.

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes we are having really nice weather out here too Les. Hopefully summer will be just as nice. Jeannette and I just finished picking out upgrades for the house yesterday and it was a crazy experience. The world cup starts soon and we have attached a English flag to our car Les :)

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey Mike. Yes, I'm looking forward to the World Cup, as is most of England! My concession has been to buy some England WC napkins at the supermarket this morning. I'm not going to do the flag on the car thing, but there's been one parked on the road here that has 3 flags on it - driver side, passenger side, and rear!
    I got behind a woman at the checkout this morning that was buying beer, wine, and snacks in bulk for the WC. I think her bill came to about £90.
    Only problem with the USA vs England match is that it is on opposite Dr Who on Saturday. I have a feeling I will miss a little of the match unless I tape Dr Who and watch it after.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That sounds like a good idea Les :)

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :)

In 15 minutes I am going to be on vaction for a few days. Actually it was unscheduled but I have lots of accumulated time to take and my boss told me to take a hike for a few days. July is going to be a rough month work wise. We are moving our datacentre so I will be putting in lots of extra hours which is the reason why they want me to use up what I already have.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have a good break, Mike! I know about data center moves as I've been through that before. Is the data center moving far? And will the move increase your commute?

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually I work at the head office LEs so it does not impact my commute. The data centre is moving about 20 miles from Buffalo to Fort Erie on the Canadian side of the border.

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :) I am off today and back to work tomorrow. I am then be off from Thursday until next Tuesday. It is going to be like that throughout the summer. The time will come in handy for packing.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    How are you doing with the packing, Mike?

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les the place looks insane !!!!! I need a moving truck just for the Star Wars stuff :)

Here are some house pics:

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/house1.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/house2.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/house3.JPG]

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/house4.JPG]