main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Les the house has 5 bedrooms and an office on the main floor. Jeannette and I have to try and time a trip to England when Tim is visiting Les :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    September would be that time then, Mike! (Or maybe we can set up something for next year..)

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les things are too crazy at the moment because of the house but Jeannette is planning a trip to England next July.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll have to keep that in mind, Mike.

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually Jeannette was mentioning to me last night that due to a scheduling conflict that she is now looking at November as the month for her trip in 2011.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That would probably be a bit late for Tim - he likes to come when it's a bit warmer.

7. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Hi guys, hope ur well. Just another quick question from me. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the .com forbidden planet site and the .co.uk? I was looking to order a book from there and .com says info only as pre-order has passed but the .co.uk says in stock. I was just abit worried about ordering from the one site and then being let down and missing out on the book altogether. Thanks for any help as always

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hi Louis - therein lies a story. As I read it on Rebelscum, originally it was one business. Due to unspecified reasons the owners split but each kept the name Forbidden Planet. The .com site is owned by the owners of the London Megastore and is the one I go to. The .co.uk site is Forbidden Planet International. The one time I used their site was when they had an exclusive Fett plate and I wanted it. Put my order in fine and waited, and waited, and waited. This was before Christmas so I was a bit lenient - they were probably busy. When I still hadn't gotten it after the holidays I called. The item had been back-ordered or some such but they hadn't even bothered to send an email to that effect. I did eventually get the plate about 3 months after the date of release. I haven't and won't use them again. Their customer service was appalling.

Have you taken a look on Amazon to see if they have the book?

9. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks les, thought you might have the answer as I know you use the store in London. Hearing your response makes me glad I asked, I certainly won't be using the .co.uk site after your experience. The book I want isn't on amazon in the hardback format I wanted unfortunatly and the only place I've seen it is on the forbidden planet website. I just wish I'd pre-ordered it now. Anyway you can leave your email at the .com site and they'll get back to you if and when the book becomes available so I might try that

10. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I'm thinking this might be the best place for this.

I'm considering myself a newbie in the world of collecting and I thought maybe branching out to these parts could prove to be of help. Basically, I'm just a little lurker that is now popping in to say hello and hopefully participate in other threads as well. *waves*

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Welcome to the Cafe! If you have questions don't hesitate to ask!

12. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome LAJ. I think people call you Les, is that correct?

As for questions, I'll take you to that offer a little later. There's one or two figures that I bought previously that I'm wondering what series they belong to. I just don't have my camera with me at the moment, hence why the later.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Les or LAJ is fine. You can call CrazyMike Mike.

As far as figures go, if you post the pics I can see if they are in my books. They probably won't be if they came out recently though (i.e new Clone Wars). If they are older I should be able to find them.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Sharon and welcome to the Cafe :) There are so many different items to collect in the Star Wars universe so I do not think that you will ever get bored however your purse will get a little lighter :)

15. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    There are so many different items to collect in the Star Wars universe so I do not think that you will ever get bored however your purse will get a little lighter

Trust me, I already know that. I already got the reputation of Paycheck = Star Wars stuff around here. Still, I'm sticking to OT stuff, figured it'd be less crazy if I placed barems on myself, lol. 8-} By the way, thanks for the welcome.

Les, I'm not a particular fan of the Clone Wars, so I doubt I'll be picking anything from that series unless it's a really cute R2-D2... As for the figures in question, I've been researching and I think I have found them. :)

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I like the Clone Wars but I'm not really collecting those figures. I did pick up a Captain Rex when he came out though as I like the character.

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have only bought a few of the Clone Wars clonetroopers. That has been the extent of my Clone Wars purchases. We have a big convention coming up here in Toronto in a few weeks so I my hoping to do a little shopping :)

18. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Les, my trip next year is pretty flexible just that I have a convention in July which is why I changed the date. My only thing is that it would have to be after July because of having moved into the house :)

Also more I think about it, do I really want to leave Mike unsupervised when Christmas decorations are released? Hmmm.. [face_thinking]

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just be sure to remove the credit cards, bank cards, mattress money and Internet connection and you should be fine. :p

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I will have to start hiding money around the house when we move in :)

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    really? where are you going to be getting money to hide? :p

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    With all the SW items you'll have plenty of hiding places - if you can find money to hide!

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Hiding places not an issue with the house, finding money in the first place will be Mike's problem ;)

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Very true lol. Speaking of Star Wars I am hoping to have the new Star Wars room set up before Christmas. I think that I might have enough space in the room to hang some of my posters.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone, I am packing my last 3 boxes of Star Wars items. One box contains the Queen's Naboo starship and several hallmark ornaments. My final two items to pack is the prototype Jango Westar pistol and the EP II Yoda head and that will be it.