main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Wow, that's taken awhile. You'll have to post a pic of the pile of boxes!

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have been packing on and off since June 2009 Les. Yes I will take some pics of the boxes. It is insane. I have packed about 20x 24 inch high by 18 inch deep by 18 inch wide boxes and another 100 laser print paper boxes plus a couple dozen assorted sized boxes. My collection would fill the largest sized U-Haul truck that is why the movers will be bringing a 45' tracker trailer for the move.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You should just back that sucker into the drive and use it for a SW room, Mike. It would make moving a lot easier if you have to do it again!

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Lol hopefully there will not be any moves for a long time Les [face_praying]

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
  6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Hey hey, what's going on, everyone? Just dropping by to say my monthly... bi-monthly.... annual (?) 'hi' :D

Weather's been dreadful since yesterday night. It's been raining since 2 a.m.! But hey, I'm ready for autumn and winter, my favourite seasons [:D]

Linet turned 5 early August and just had her first week in 2nd grade.

We've got some serious work on our house ahead, due to all kinds of circumstances. We'll see how that goes.

Still customizing, although my own projects have been put on hold, because I'm helping out a fellow customizer by scratch building 8 wings for a starfighter model, featured in his SW fan film. I estimate each wing takes nearly an hour in total to finish.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hi Incom! Happy birthday to Linet!

Sounds like you're getting our weather from Wed night. It absolutely chucked it down here. We had more rain yesterday and this morning. It's trying to clear up a bit now - still cloudy but there is the occasional patch of blue. Monday is a holiday here and so far the forecast is pretty good - sun with a possible shower.

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Income :) How are you doing !!! Jeannette and I were at Sci Fi convention this past weekend in Toronto. It was very poorly organized and overcrowded. They were only interested in selling as many tickets as they could. Apparently the building that the convention took place in was overcrowed by 10000 people on Saturday according to the fire marshall. I am sure that they got a hefty fine. I do not know if I will go again.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks, Mike. Did you find anything interesting or did you just give up?

It's a holiday here (Late Summer Bank Holiday). At least it isn't raining. We've had sun and clouds, but there's a northerly wind that makes it feel chilly when the sun is under. I tried sitting out and finally gave up. Notting Hill Carnival is going on up in London. You won't catch me going - I hate crowds.

10. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I picked up some Dr Who stuff but that was it. The place was a zoo and was too hard to get anywhere to look at anything. Worst convention organization I've seen, which is saying something lol

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch..that sounds like the Saturday we spent at CE. Friday wasn't too bad but Saturday was really crowded.

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Sunday was bad too. That was the only day we managed to get in, we had a weekend pass but couldn't get in on Saturday because there were too many people. Basically you need to get there hours early, get in and stay in all day because if you left you couldn't get back in. I heard stories of people with vip passes that weren't getting in early like they were supposed to. Also one person went to get food and on the way out saw security who never mentioned than leaving meant not being able to get back in so was trapped outside while her husband was inside so she had to call him and he left as well, on top she missed all her programming.

Bad planning.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like it. The Sunday at CE wasn't as crowded but the air conditioning was broken and it was very warm in the main room. We all finally went to a pub near ExCel to cool off.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les I did not buy anything. There were a few otems that I was thinking about but they were not high on my list. I think that what we will do next year is to go on a Friday and/or arrange to meet our friends that are going to the convention at a local restaurent or pub.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone, It has been another busy week of packing. I am boxing up my livingroom currently. I will post some pictures later on today.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hi Mike. Tim got me a new HP netbook and we are setting it up at the local pub. (They have WI-FI).

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Very cool Les. Say hi to him :)

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey all. We made the pilgrimage to Forbidden Planet today. I got a Mighty Muggs Jango bought for me. Tim picked up a Dr Who Time Lords Spinning Tardis which is pretty neat.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I always enjoy going to FP when I am in London Les :) How long is Tim going to be in London.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    He flies back Saturday evening, Mike.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Say Hello to him for me Les. We went by the house yesterday and it is moving along. I have also opted to use a different bedroom as the Star Wars room. It has a smaller window which will help with UV and it is bigger than the other room.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like you killed the place, Mike. I pre-ordered the Force Unleashed II novel and graphic novel from Amazon UK today. I doubt I will be playing the game though since I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360. Boba is supposed to be in the GN so that's a great reason to order it.

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes I certainly did Les :) I completely forgot about Force Unleashed II. I have to ask Jeannette if she is going to pick up the 360 game. I believe that the release date in North America is Oct 26th.

10 days to go now for the big move. I have been planning the layout of the SW room. It is going to keep me busy :)

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :) We got the keys yesterday and the moving has begun. We are moving all the pets this morning !!!

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good luck with the move, Mike! Take some pics for us!