main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I was looking at the Brian's Toys ad in my latest Insider and saw that they were selling bronze Yoda and Vader statues.

Anyone have an extra $18,000 lying around? :p

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'll just check my spare change... [face_laugh]

TrakNar likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Haha! I've always wanted a bronze Yoda...sadly I did not win Powerball last night though :(

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Those e-tailers always mark that stuff up. I'm sure you can pick those babies up on eBay for a cool $15,000 :p.

TrakNar likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great time with family and friends!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving to the US folks. It's just another day here in the UK. I did try to find a turkey frozen dinner to celebrate but came up empty at the local supermarkets. I'll get mine on Christmas Day.

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    LAJ, I think I ate enough turkey for both of us :p. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, or as they call it outside the U.S., Thursday.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    All this talk of turkey is making me hungry

9. DLINE

DLINE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2013
    I don't like turkey that much.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm more of a chicken man my self, but I always enjoy Thanksgiving turkey and its week of leftovers because outside of a turkey sub every now and then it's the only time I eat turkey all year. I'm the same way with ham at Christmas.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I get at least 3 meals and more sandwiches from a turkey. I'll probably be getting mine either this week or next. I usually get a small frozen one - 3-4kg - since it's just me, and I have a pretty small oven.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    A little turkey does go a long way. It's like Lembas bread.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Back from my cruise. Now I've got 20 days until my next one :p Then I've got 11 months until my big cruise in Europe.

After that no big vacations planned so far.

Anyone score any good deals during the weekend?

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice! Glad you had fun and got home safe. Enjoy the next one :D.

I sat out Black Friday, as my armor and jousting lance are the repair shop :p, but I perused the Cyber Monday deals. Didn't bite on anything, though. I still prefer to actually see what I'm looking at in person. At some point in the next week I'll have to con a friend into going to the Mall with me... my stomach just lurched a little typing that last sentence.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I went into town yesterday. It was already busy at 9am..

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Ugh, I know. And it's only gonna get worse. I'm off Thursday. If I'm smart (and no one has ever accused me of that) I'll go first thing when the Mall opens and get it all over with.

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone. I am sorry that I do not post in here as much as I should. My job is going to put me into a nut house one of these days. It is hard to believe that the Cafe has been around since 2001 :)

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I know it's a day early, but I'm about to hit the road and likely won't be on line for a day or two, so I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas :D. Be safe if you're traveling.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Merry Christmas, Juke! Have a safe trip!

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I hope you all are having a good Christmas and that Santa brought plenty of SW goodies!

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks, LAJ! Had a great trip. Got a bit of an unexpected snow Tuesday morning, but otherwise it was smooth sailing.

No Star Wars goodies this year, unless you count a cool set of pinback buttons I had in my stocking. Got a new TV, lots of Blu-Rays, some clothes and a few giftcards (Including an Amazon card I plan to use on something Star Wars).

22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    No SW goodies this year, either. But, I did hang up my Grievous ornament! I also plan to buy my cat an R2-D2 collar.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got an Amazon UK gift certificate which will help with SW books. The Maul book is out at the end of Jan.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just be careful he doesn't trick you into taking it off so that he can chase after some strange old hermit :p.

Cool. Yeah, Amazon is great for book lovers. They've got just about everything, and you can always find a good deal. Everyone in my family has a Kindle of one kind or another, but when it comes to books at least, I still prefer hard copy. I've tried "curling up" with a reader and it's just not the same IMO.

Not sure what I'm going to use my Amazon card on. They've only got a few 6" Black Series 3 pre-orders up so far, and they're all for the whole set, not just individually. They're also priced at %75 mark up over retail, so I'll pass. The ship date for them is Jan 31st, so I'm sure there will be individual figures going up soon.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd probably consider a Kindle (or other reader) if I traveled a lot to save packing books. However for home reading I prefer a book, I have trouble sleeping and I've read that 'blue light' such as that from a computer, TV, or e-reader can make that worse so I try to get away from devices and TV for a couple of hours before bedtime. I find radio and reading an actual book to be ideal.