main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    And now we march on to Christmas and the last Jedi :) has everyone got their tickets yet :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably get mine in town this coming week. I'm looking at an 11AM 3D showing on Dec 14. (We get the film a day earlier than the US).

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have my tickets for tomorrow evening at 7:30pm. They usually have a midnight sho in Canada
    the night before the release date and time time they had the earlier show as well which we got tickets for. Not the greatest seats but I do not care :)

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm going at 10PM tomorrow - had to go preview night since I'm leaving for vacation on Friday.

I wasn't hugely impressed w/ TFA but the reviews for TLJ are giving me hope. I saw Rian Johnson at Wondercon a few years ago, the dude LOVES movies. When I heard he was going to be the director I got psyched, I really felt that he was a great choice, no ego on his side, just an unabashed love of making movies.

BTW - mark my words now. Whatever he does for his Trilogy - Joseph Gordon Levitt will have a key role in the films.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm going w/a group to the 11:50 showing tonight; keeping the trend of seeing the new SW movie @ "midnight" opening night since AOTC. I love that opening night atmosphere. There's nothing quite like it.

TFA has diminished greatly in my eyes upon re-watches, but I'm very curious to see what Johnson and Co. have done here.

PadmeLeiaJaina Have a great vacation!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw it earlier today. I liked it but beware - it's a 2.5 hour film (plus whatever ads/trailers your cinema has) so I'd go easy on the liquids. There's no good place for a comfort break in the film. I nipped out while the trailers were running.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks for the advice LAJ. Gum...chew on Gum....

8. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Hey. Haven't been on here in years. Good to see a few folks I recognize.

9. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Hey. Haven't been on here in years. Good to see a few folks I recognize.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hey, rebelwookiee! Long time no see. Hope you've been well :D.

Saw TLJ last night. I won't go into specific details, but unfortunately I didn't like it. LAJ_FETT is right, it's a legit 2.5 hrs. (almost 3 w/previews). By the end my bladder was like [face_worried]

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Damn, I'm going to need more shelves.

12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Add me to the "didn't care for it" list of people who saw TLJ. I'm planning on going again next week, but yeah... I didn't come away happy, or wanting to buy the figures of any of the new characters.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got the 6-inch Black Praetorian Guard. Haven't gotten anyone else though. I did get a couple of Funko porgs as well when they came out.

Gamma626 likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I liked the movie loads more than TFA. I went in w/ extremely low, but optimistic expectations, and came out thrilled w/ the film. I liked the growth of all of the characters.

Is it the best SW film ever? Eh No. Out of the new movies Rogue One stands heads above the new trilogy, I'm not anticipating Ep 9 to improve on that assessment.

I'm really only planning on getting Luke, Rey, Chewie/porgs, and Leia stuff from the film. I really like Finn and Rose/Paige, but my wallet only allows for so much.

Gamma626 likes this.
  15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I just left not really liking anyone except for Luke and Finn, and Finn is wearing the exact same stuff as 7, so I'm not really concerned about buying 8 merch for him. Well, I mean, I obviously like Leia, Chewie and the droids.

I do plan on seeing it again though, and hope my opinion changes. Probably within the next week.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Has anyone watched the new Netflix series " The toys that made us?"
    Episode 1 is all about Star Wars toys and their history. The other 3 episodes are Barbie, Hee-Man, and GI Joe. I didn't want Hee-Man, but Barbie and GI Joe are both really good also. The Joe episode is rather hilarious at times.

Gamma626 likes this.
  17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Never heard of it, but it sounds like a must watch! I'll check that out!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It's fun - here's the trailer

Gamma626 likes this.
  19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I've watched the SW and He-Man episodes so far, and both are really good. @PadmeLeiaJaina even though you may not have any interest in MOTU/He-Man, that episode is actually really funny thanks to the fun and eccentric group that made up Mattel's MOTU team, and the backstory there is really interesting. Both eps are so good I;m even going to watch the Barbie episode even though I initially had no interest in it.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'll probably watch it on my own, my sister had zero interest in watching the He-Man episode so we skipped it.

I'm trying to figure out what they'll do next (because I know this will be successful) - probably Transformers, TMNT, and they really should do the history of DC or Marvel toys. Girls - Barbie really dominates although I guess they can cover American Girls, Strawberry Shortcake...Oh or Hello Kitty. I'm sure they could do whole specials on Cabbage Patch Kids and Beanie Babies too.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The good thing is that you don't need to be a MOTU fan to enjoy it, and I'd wager that's true of all of the episodes.

Yeah, when this was announced I thought it was going to be more all-encompassing. The subjects they choose certainly make sense, as all are iconic and kinda represent a Mount Rushmore of 70s-onward toy lines.

If this gets a Round #2, I'd bank on My Little Pony (as it continues to be a pop culture force), Transformers (as you mentioned) w/TMNT and Cabbage Patch Kids a good bet as well. I'd also like to see them more specifically focus on Mego toys, who dominated the 70s and covered such a wide variety of properties; from Star Trek to Planet of the Apes and so much more.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Mego would certainly work they were everywhere and yes I forgot My Little Pony (I never got into them.)

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  23. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    They could go modern and cover the Webkinz craze too. Or even toys to life with Skylanders. That'd be interesting once they run out of classic lines to cover.

Watched the Star Wars episode last night! Great reccomendation PLJ! :D

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    BTW I guess they added a few new episodes - Hello Kitty, Transformers, and Star Trek.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I have not seen that Netflix show but I will have a look when I get home. Mixed feelings about TLJ but I enjoyed it more the second time around. It is a long movie especially when you were at the pub for a few hours prior to the movie lol