main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Anybody watch Torchwood? It's a Doctor Who spin-off. Only a few episodes have been shown in the US, and so far I'm enjoying it. Some were better than others, but overall it's been enjoyable.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Jeannette has been watching it Pat. She likes the episodes that she saw.

Well it is almost time for me tp handle some rather tricky firewall work. I my hoping that everthing goes well as this is the third attempt.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. It's partly cloudy and a bit breezy here. At least it is supposed to be a bit warmer today - in the low 60s. I had a heater on yesterday to warm things up a bit here.

I've seen most of series 1 of Torchwood. I'm not sure when series 2 starts here.

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, Les I finally got thsat firewall up and running. There was a DNS issue that I finally cleared up. There are so many application that run throught that particular firewall that makes the configuring and testing a real nightmare. Now I am going to sleep :)

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I've seen the whole of season 1 of Torchwood, I did hear rumours on when season 2 was going to be on but I have forgotten. Think it was over written with the Dr Who series info and I have started watching the Sarah Jane adventures which is really a kids spin off of Doctor Who but I liked the first 2 episodes. Not as long either because I think they are shown in the last spot which would be before Neighbours.....well if they still play that rubbish.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, Neighbors is still on BBC1. I sometimes see the last few minutes when I tune in to catch the news at 6pm.

The USA are playing their final Rugby World Cup match - against South Africa. USA are losing 43-15 with about 20 minutes left.

7. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Hello all. How is everyone?

Sigh, another Chargers loss!!! :_|

So yeah, made a Meijer run, and no sign of Wave 4 and beyond. They did have a couple of Saga Legends, most notably the AotC and RotS clones. I passed.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. It's cool & cloudy here but at least the rain has stopped for now. I might take a wander into town after lunch if it isn't too wet.

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, It is another Monday morning and I had an early 1:45am wakeup call. My overtime this year has been insane. What a crazy weekend. Next Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving so I am currently planning what to cook.I have overnight server work to do next Saturday to that will be the time when I cook the turkey.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch - 145 am? Bet you're tired, Mike.

Turkey sounds good. That's just making me more hungry since it's almost lunchtime here.

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am tired Les. It was a rough weekend.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    XV. I still remember when Linda posted number 1.

We have Columbus Day next Monday Mike. A Thanksgiving meal would be nice though to help you digest the fact that you get a day off for a man responsible for genocide.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey all. Well, it was a damp walk to town. Entertainer had nothing new but they did have the Spudtrooper and R2 Potatoo on sale for £5 each. Usual price is around £10. (I passed.) Woolworths had no new figures but they did have some of the Titanium ships. First time I have seen those in there. They didn't have any that I wanted though so I passed. TAC figures are still on Wave 3 here - both stores even had a few McChewies.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Drac, it is good to see you in here again. Hopefully it will be a quiet day for me on Monday as I support the US division of the company that I work for.

15. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    Good afternoon, everyone. :)

Well, it's my day off so I hope to make a Wal-Mart and Meijer run later on today. Still looking for the Revan/Malak wave.

Plus I gotta go pay my cell phone bill.

Talk to y'all later! [face_peace]

16. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    If not, you can rest on US Thanksgiving ;)

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Mike, nothing new out here SW wise. I am still looking for AniBoba and MacBoba.
    I believe that the US Thanksgiving falls in the middle of the week.

18. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    As I posted in the new acquisitions thread, I found the UGH Animated Boba here in SE Michigan. So today wasn't a complete washout after all. :)

19. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    It's been a chilly autumn day out my way. But when I came home from work there was a new set of shiney aluminum shoulder hubs waiting for me. And this week I expect my dome to arrive...
    Yes, I've caved in and decided to build R2. 8-}

20. SithLordKobe

Jul 31, 2007
    Awesome. What scale is he going to be? 1:1?

21. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    yup, 1:1 :)

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all..no new figures at Sainsburys this morning. Just Biggs, McChewie, and Vader. They had a few cardboard display cases of Transformers though.

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone. Les I need to buy something SWish as I am suffering from collector's blues at the moment. I have things on order but I need to buy something now :)

Amy I am looking forward to seeing pics as you construct your R2. I was going to build a R2 several years ago but I could not get my act together.

24. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey guys! Man I'm out of it for a few weeks and we get a new Tap Cafe? :p I'm super excited that my Phillies made the playoffs -- can't wait to see the first game tomorrow.

I've been busy preparing for my boyfriend's visit in a couple weeks. Since I'm still not 100% health-wise I figured it would be better to stretch things out over a few weeks instead of trying to get everything done right before he comes down, that way I won't be exhausted for his visit.

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Ruth, rest up and be healthy for your boyfriend's visit :) Well Jeannette got 2 letters in the mail regarding her immigration to Canada and.............. I will let Jeannette break the news :)

[face_dancing]