main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    :rolleyes:

We got letters today from Alberta (I suddenly have some love for that province)

So things with immigration have finally progressed and we received two letters today. First was for Mike saying he met the requirements to sponsor me. The second was for me and it contained the following:

?It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common law partner in Canada.

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration Centre in Mississauga will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Please note: at the time of your appointment you will be required to present the original ID to the Canadian immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name on your confirmation of permanent resident document will be the name that appears on your passport.?

It goes on to state I have not paid the final $490 that is required for the final step and I should do so when I attend the appointment they assign to me!
    It also states I can now apply for an open work permit but as that takes about 3 months to get and I have been fully approved so somewhere between 1-4 months I should be landed it seems a waste of time and money ($150) to apply for it.

Guess I better start looking for work now! Eep!

2. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Congratulations Jeanette! That's great news. :)

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone :) It was another problem filled evening work wise for me. Will it ever end :) It was very exciting to get the news about Jeannette's immigration yesterday. Jeannette already has a possible job prospect that is about 7 blocks away from where we live. She sent her resume and cover letter to them last night

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats, Jeannette! I bet that's a load off your mind...

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks!

Yeah it is, from what I have seen on an immigration forum most people got a letter not to long afterwards to 'land'. Recently people who landed their date was about a month after the first letter was sent (the one I got yesterday).

Speaking of that job, I sent the application in at about 1am today. I received an email about 10 mins ago asking me to go in either this or next week to chat with one of the managing directors!

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's excellent news! I hope it goes well!

7. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Congratulations! Hope all works out.

8. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks!

I've been speaking to the managing director all morning, so seems I will be going on on Friday afternoon to have a chat with him :)

Now, I need to get away from the computer for a bit before I get all stiff so think I'll head to the gym for a bit

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    This seems to be the week that keeps on giving, not only did I get a letter saying the processing of my immigration application was complete, not only did I get a job interview today..........I also got a date for the 'examination interview' basically it is the interview they do for landing if they approve me there I get a piece of paper basically stating I'm a permanent resident [face_dancing]

Starts counting down to 16th October...

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like things are beginning to move for you finally. Enjoy the holiday weekend - it sounds like you might be getting busy next week!

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol looks like it. The email I had this morning from him looked promising.

"Thanks for sending the resume.

I have had a look through your resume, and would appreciate the opportunity to sit down and have a chat. We have a number of VERY exciting projects going on here, and are looking for key people to get involved.

I am not sure what that involvement entails, but I think that a quick meeting would help work that out.

If you are OK with that, I am available this Friday afternoon, or Tuesday or Thursday next week. Please let me know what times are best for you.

Thanks, and I look forward to talking with you."

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that based on the email they are very interested in you and might be offering you a job this Friday.

13. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Jeanette, I'm glad you're having such an awesome week! Hope everything works out on Friday.

I got my Allison Sohn CE print framed today. I'm very happy with how it turned out. In fact, I can't stop looking at it! I need to get my Terese Nielson and Jason Palmer prints from CIV framed soon. And I have to figure out where I'm going to put them. [face_thinking]

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. We're having a bit of Indian Summer here as the temps are in the 60s F. it feels nice in the sun but there are some clouds around as well.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone :) Ruth Jeannette is having a great week and tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day for her. She is armed to the teeth with web skills and has a great personality. I would be very surprised if she does not get the job.

Summer continues out here in my neck of the woods. Temperatures are expected to be in the low 30s ( high 80s) well into next week. Two words..... Global warming.

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Two more words... Thread killer !!!!!

17. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Yet two more words...

Two words. :p

18. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Warm out here also. We're going to be around 90 degrees tomorrow. Usually we're in the 60-70 range this time of year.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, we are going to be in the high 80s, low 90s ( when you factor in the humidity) for the next several days in the greater Toronto area where I live.

20. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Hey guys (and ladies [face_batting]) TGIF, right? Congrats from across the pond as well, Jeanette. And Les, we have the same figures over here. We've had quite a few figures from the first three waves, I hope this will continue with the upcoming waves. Although with the current dollar/euro exchange rate, I can get figures cheaper from the US [face_laugh].

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. I didn't make it here yesterday as I was lured away by a stylesheet problem on our new main banner and then a few hours in the sunshine. It was nice!

The Rugby World Cup continues today. England play Australia this afternoon and France play New Zealand tonight. I expect England and France to go out as Australia and New Zealand are very good.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning evereyone :) Jeannette's interview went well so we will see what happens.
    We are off to my parents so I will see you all later in the evening :)

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    England won! They beat Australia 12-10! :D

They go through to the semi-finals next weekend! They play either France or NZ. We'll know which one later tonight.

24. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Good morning everyone. Our vintage coin set arrived today. It's pretty nice, but as usual Hasbro didn't pack it very well. Ours has two big dents in the display case from where it had been crushed in shipping. Everything I get from Hasbro seems to be this way. I'm not mad about it really, I just don't understand why Hasbro can't get their act together and ship things in real boxes.

25. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I saw a new Luke figure (its Luke w/ the bone from the scene in JEDI with the Rancor) yesterday at KayBee and what's the deal with the red paint or whatever on his hand......? :p