Collector's TapCafe II

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Mornin' Anakin. :)
    *Slides Anakin a frosty mug o' Barq's® Root Beer... then grabs one for himself, as well!*
    :)
  2. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! :)

The new double bladed Parks saber is awesome!!! :cool: I want to get one...someday. [face_plain]
  3. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    It is sad indeed Mara because if you were to drive from Toronto to New York, you would not know what country that you are in. Other than the accents, and a nutcase Prime Minister, Canada and the United States are
    very similiar. I would die for the United
    States just the same way that I would for Canada and Britland for that matter...

There is my from the heart confession...
  4. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glad to see you are such a patriot there Mike. I would die for any country that aids the United States. The only problem is the military wouldn't accept me as a soldier. Too many health problems. I would get to basic training and receive a medical discharge almost immediately.
  5. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    MJF, good luck with your mediation today! :) MTFBWY~
  6. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    AW - that double ended Parks is amazing. Plus, it splits in two which is really handy for when you have friends over ;)
  7. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    That's right! I splits apart! :D I hope he has a demo one at this years Comic Con! :cool:
  8. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    That is the helix that you are talking about Charis right. How much is it....

All the best to you Mara. We all stand behind you and are here for you !!!

Double J, I tried to join the army years ago but had health issues as well that have now gone away but at almost 38 I would not be drafted.
  9. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not positive, but I think MJF had her mediation yesterday. I think. [face_plain]
  10. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I had it yesterday, and it did NOT go well. I don't really want to talk about it. I won't find out exactly what the custody arrangements will be for the kids just yet, not till court on February the 5th.

I do want to talk about an idea to help new members to the JC out who are also collectors. It is called Newbie Adoptions. Us olbie's who would like to adopt a Newbie collector should go to the following thread and sign up.

Newbie Adoption Thread

I've signed up to adopt a newbie, I still haven't been matched up with one yet though. *sob* *sniff*
  11. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    MJF, I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go well. :(
    I hope things get better when you go to court next month.
    As for the Newbie Adoption...
    sounds like a good idea. I may take a look when I have time. :)

Quick question:
    How did you get the clickable links in your sig to work?
    I tried a couple times to get it to work on mine, but had no luck. [face_plain]
  12. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I will be signing up next week Mara as I am
    waiting for some news and hopefully it will be good ;)
  13. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    The adopt a newbie idea sounds good - I'm sure you will find one soon :)

Not sure how much the Helix will be in Canada, but it's apparently gonna be about £500 in the Uk, which makes sense cos that's double the price of a normal one. I'm hoping the supplier will do it for less than that though - perhaps £400.
  14. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    good grief that is about $800 us or $1300 Canadian. That would kill my Jango costume
    for sure...
  15. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I was looking at a site earlier with international prices but I didn't save it to my favourites and now I can't find it.

I know it was a lot cheaper in the US then it is here, but that doesn't surprise me considering they have to be shipped and imported.
  16. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Charis, also keep in mind that with ordering direct from Parks, you can have him ship internationally for an additional $30 US. Which would make the price $480. Just checked it on a currency converter. Right now, $480 US = approximately £293.93. :)
  17. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    That is true Charis. It may not be expensive
    for people on this side of the ocean. I did not think about that.

I was sending a package to LVADERFF the cr
    over at Victoria Australia so I pack up the box up and take it to the post office. The lady there tells me that the cheapest shipping option is $92. I could not believe it. Now I have put it in a smaller box and will try again next week to send it....
  18. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Wow, I might ask them about that then. I had figured that shipping would be really pricy but I could save a lot by ordering direct.

Now, I wonder how long it will take to get here [face_mischief]
  19. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    2 to 3 weeks, isn't that insane Charis !!!
  20. Charis Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Totally insane - you do realise that means I'll be driving the post office mad from the end of week 1 :p

I'm starting a new work contract next week and I get paid some in advance so I'll probably order the Helix and drive you all nuts with "it hasn't arrived yet :(" posts [face_laugh]
  21. Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Legolas! :)
    Can I get ya somethin'?

Charis, Parks current US ship time is quoted as 6-8 weeks from the time you place your order. I imagine UK orders would take at least a little longer, but I could be wrong. US Air Mail to the UK is usually pretty speedy. :)
  23. Blue_Lurtz Jedi Padawan

HALLO!!!!!!! [face_mischief] [face_devil]

*Takes out bow and arrow, shoots it at LG*
  24. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  25. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Uh oh... not another fight in the TapCafe... this place is getting as dangerous as the Mos Eisley Cantina! [face_shocked]
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.